16 Horsepower

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I caught a glimpse of a man playing banjo on the telly and dancing some sort of square dance. The song, Black Soul Choir, was strangely enchanting, menacing, brooding. It turns out 16 Horsepower, the band, has been around for ages and I never heard of them. Anyone else in to them? If so, is the rest of it as good as Black Soul Choir?
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

I've very recently discovered a band called Pulcher Femina. Very cool so far. What says you lot on this band too?
Only a paand.
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

One of my favourite bands. seen them loads. Stunning live.

Here's a review I did for a London show on 16horsepower.com.

http://16horsepower.com/london0902.html

Go get the albums "low estate" & "sackcloth & ashes"......then the rest.
The Green Lantern

Thanks a lot Biggy. Have a feeling I've stumbled upon something rather brilliant here.

Good review too. :notworthy:
rian
Slight Overbomber

The Green Lantern wrote:Thanks a lot Biggy. Have a feeling I've stumbled upon something rather brilliant here.

Good review too. :notworthy:
That Biggy boy got me into 16 horsepower a year ago.

I love them, so will you 8)
I think someone set my soul alight
Petseri
Overbomber

A often-practicing club goer in New York took me to see them when an Estonian friend (no, not named Indrek ;D ) and I were there a few years back. I had never heard of them, but the gig (particularly the music) certainly was good enough to get me to look for some of their studio releases. Admittedly, I found them better live than on CD, but I did keep what I got by them.

Just by chance, does anyone have any live stuff by them? I would be quite happy to get a copy of the gig which I attended in 2000.

Martin
The Green Lantern

I've been listening to Sackloth'n'ashes most of yesterday and today and it's a bloody good album.

Rian, my fellow swede, did you happen to catch them on Musikjournalen?

Incidently I noticed on their website that there is a DVD with live footage/videos coming out in March.
Hapcibeno
Road Kill

"Dead Run" (from Low Entate) is my fav 16HP song, you must listen it
nigel d

i like a band called the sisters of mercy , they are very good ,especially live, but they dont make records any more apparently........
anyone else heard of them? ;D
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

nigel d wrote:i like a band called the sisters of mercy , they are very good ,especially live, but they dont make records any more apparently........
anyone else heard of them? ;D
Not a clue mate, sorry.

:lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

16 horsepower is ace!

but nowadays I only listen to johnny cash anymore, and it's been a while like this already :lol:
ah yes and sometimes a bit of blood axis
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
rian
Slight Overbomber

The Green Lantern wrote:I've been listening to Sackloth'n'ashes most of yesterday and today and it's a bloody good album.

Rian, my fellow swede, did you happen to catch them on Musikjournalen?

Incidently I noticed on their website that there is a DVD with live footage/videos coming out in March.
Yaeh, I did. Twice :D

I have just downloaded some stuff from Soulseek by Woven hands aswell :von:
I think someone set my soul alight