Hobbit Name Generator

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Well, although Beren is the name of a human in the mythos, technically (IIRC) it is a Sindarin name.

I have to stop this :lol: Next I'll be telling everyone that Luthien Falassion means "Nightingale of the shores" (more or less).
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Hojyuu-obi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

You just did :roll: :lol:
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

s**t. Did I? :lol: ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
christophe
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Well, although Beren is the name of a human in the mythos, technically (IIRC) it is a Sindarin name.

I have to stop this :lol: Next I'll be telling everyone that Luthien Falassion means "Nightingale of the shores" (more or less).
:roll: Neurd !
Another Shade of You.
Lamia
Amphetamine Filth

Humph - not impressed -

Dimple Chubb :eek:

Will stick to the elven name methinks! Eneyla Saralonde.

Dimple Chubb ffs!!!!

Nowt wrong with Lamia actually............
Intimations of mortality are all about me.....
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

QB: can I suggest that everyone who's generated a 'hobbit name' be forced to have it as their "post rank" underneath their user name.

Especially Lamia :lol:
rian
Slight Overbomber

Marroc Knotwise of Michel Delving

:roll:

My elfname was Caranthir Ancalimë

Whatever.....
I think someone set my soul alight
hallucienate
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:QB: can I suggest that everyone who's generated a 'hobbit name' be forced to have it as their "post rank" underneath their user name.

:notworthy: :notworthy:
but then we'll have MF telling us exactly where they each came from and who they're related to and which pot they p*ss in :roll: :roll: :innocent: :innocent:
Lamia
Amphetamine Filth

lazarus corporation wrote:QB: can I suggest that everyone who's generated a 'hobbit name' be forced to have it as their "post rank" underneath their user name.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I was lying, honest guv..... it was really Mystical Willowthewisp ;D
Intimations of mortality are all about me.....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

hallucienate wrote:but then we'll have MF telling us exactly where they each came from and who they're related to and which pot they p*ss in :roll: :roll: :innocent: :innocent:
Yeah yeah yeah smart-arse. :lol:

:evil: I've realised I'm not impressing anyone, so I'll stop, OK? ;)
—Bertrand Russell
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

It's like waiting for a penny to drop in zero-G sometimes.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:cry: You're all picking on me now.

:lol:
—Bertrand Russell