Who should Sisters duet with?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Rivers
Amphetamine Filth

Tongue in cheek idea coming.
Perhaps to gain a bit more exposure the Sisters should duet with a more 'known' act. Suggestions?

I think it should be Tatu.................

Imagine the video
And we are nothing but experience in the eyes of nature,
And we will live forever in the eyes of nature.
Dan
Overbomber

Eldritch & Lesbians!

What a great video that'd be!

Anyone wanna write the storyboard/script for that one?
Correl
Road Kill

Mr Marx seems like a good candidate, They worked fairly well together before and Eldritch doesnt seem to have problems with him now.
Rivers
Amphetamine Filth

Eldritch & Lesbians!

What a great video that'd be!
Also featuring Russia, rain and runaway trucks on ice!
And we are nothing but experience in the eyes of nature,
And we will live forever in the eyes of nature.
shivarising
Amphetamine Filth

Uh... haven't we already decided the Sisters are to release NO MORE new material ever???? JESUS!! :evil:
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

like I said before: lisa gerrard is the obvious choice!
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Tori Amos - when they were both on East West she actually asked Eldritch to produce some of the songs on her Under The Pink album. For reasons undisclosed, she later pulled out.
Always thought that was a great pity.
But there was a nice pic of them together published in UTR.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Erudite wrote:Tori Amos - when they were both on East West she actually asked Eldritch to produce some of the songs on her Under The Pink album. For reasons undisclosed, she later pulled out.
Always thought that was a great pity.
But there was a nice pic of them together published in UTR.
Is there a link to this anywhere?
Two of my very favorite artists, shame it didnt happen.

thanks.

Paul
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Not that I know of - I did write a letter to Eldritch after the picture was published, the response to which was published in the following issue of UTR.
I shall try and dig it out and possibly put a transcript on here.
There was a UTR letters thread somewhere on the forum...
Last edited by Erudite on 07 Feb 2005, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Erudite wrote:Not that I know of - I did write letter to Eldritch after the picture was published, the response to which was published in the following issue of UTR.
I shall try and dig it out and possibly put a transcript on here.
There was a UTR letters thread somewhere on the forum...
Thanks alot Erudite :notworthy: :notworthy:

Paul
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Photo, like I said, appeared in UTR 11 with the caption “Boy Meets Girl Full Stop�.
Here is a transcript of the relevant part of my letter and Eldritch’s reply from UTR 14:

Dear Andrew,
Boy meets girl full stop. Don’t let that be true. Surely the sublime Ms Amos can be persuaded to contribute some backing vocals and/or piano to the new album? A duet of similar style to 1959 perhaps? Please consider it at least.

AE: Unfortunately, I’m not in a position to decide what Tori Amos should do with her talents. It was Tori’s idea to have me produce some songs for the album which became “Under The Pink�, as she was thinking about using distortion on the piano. I told her I didn’t think the distortion was a great idea, but I’d be happy to try it. In the event she went to New Mexico for a bit of a rest, and the album was written, recorded and released before we ran into each other again. I assume she’s dismissed the production idea, and I assume she’s got a good reason.
I do have one piano-based track which would be great for her to play, but I haven’t finished the words yet. I will certainly consult her when the time comes to record it. I hope she decides to follow your advice. The “full stop� was inserted to prevent the usual romantic gossip - we wouldn’t want Ofra to get upset.