Heartland's 3rd Birthday Bash

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
christophe
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:
christophe wrote:Have fun people :)
I'll be thinking of you. no I won't, I got a little get together myself if ya know what I mean :twisted:
:eek:

details later, please, christophe
women, nothing butt trouble :?
so sweet at first, and suicidal after they have met me.. or is it just me?
Another Shade of You.
James Blast
Banned

We got home very safely Francis and a lot quicker than the journey down (tho I did decide to take a wee detour at one point :innocent:).
It was fantastic!
Excellent people, great forum, stunning time!

I salute you QBoss and the Heartlanders we met, you made us so welcome ImageImage
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Agreed. It was a fantastic weekend. We had the train journey from hell, but we made it back.

I must apologise for leaving early TWICE!! 'someone' had a bit too much to drink and insisted we go.......<sigh>. MEN!
Only a paand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

what can i say. that was a f**king great weekend. i'm a complete wreck, i suspect my liver is about to fail on me, and the dog has forgotten who i am...

a MASSIVE thank you to everyone that came to any or all of the nights, and a huge :notworthy: to the travelling massive :von:

twas a pleasure to meet everyone who made it, and i'm glad to hear you got back ok :lol:

big kudos to fraser, phono paul and brendan "the lights man" for services above and beyond, and basically making it all logistically possible 8) :notworthy:

and i'd love to be president, but i have no foreign policy... :| ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

<------I got into The (famous) Phono :D
after Francis had a word of course :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

LOL
Only a paand.
James Blast
Banned

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:LOL
Shuttit!
~ Peter Steele
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

I've still got your map. You wanna PM your addy and I'll send it??
Only a paand.
James Blast
Banned

MAP!
I forgot, these senior moments are getting too strong :(
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

so did anyone get any photos of our celeb guests last night? :lol:

to clear up any potential confusion, in attendence on sunday were "that nice mr marx", danny mass (salvation), jez webb (ex-sisters & mish guitar tech) and nick jones (ex-sister merchandise/info service/managery type & ex boss of karbon records (i think))
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

christophe wrote:
emilystrange wrote:
christophe wrote:Have fun people :)
I'll be thinking of you. no I won't, I got a little get together myself if ya know what I mean :twisted:
:eek:

details later, please, christophe
women, nothing butt trouble :?
so sweet at first, and suicidal after they have met me.. or is it just me?
i'm still alive, idiot :roll:
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Big Si
School Bully

Quiff Boy wrote:so did anyone get any photos of our celeb guests last night? :lol:

to clear up any potential confusion, in attendence on sunday were "that nice mr marx", danny mass (salvation), jez webb (ex-sisters & mish roadie) and nick jones (ex-sister merchandise/info service/managery type & ex boss of karbon records (i think))
I was gonna ask Mr Marx his permission to do so, but thought I'd come across as a bit of a geek! :roll: But he let me buy him a drink instead! :D

Nick helped me empty my mini bar until 6.30 am (he was staying in the room next door :eek: :notworthy: ), and he told me quite a few Sisters and Ghostdance anecdotes :D

(Which is funny as we spent most of the time chatting about northern soul :lol: )
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
sisxbeforedawn
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

sorry I missed it :cry:

but I'm sure Daniel Kitson made up for not being there :lol: my sides are still aching from seeing him :lol: :lol: :lol:

will be there for the next HL bash :D
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
Francis
Overbomber

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:I've still got your map. You wanna PM your addy and I'll send it??
Well that plan worked then. :lol:
Quiff Boy wrote:so did anyone get any photos of our celeb guests last night?
That would have been a job for ... Groupy Goth.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Thea
Overbomber

SG isn't a groupie - she was just preventing Hussbag from falling over (no, really...)
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Sorry for being so late with my two cents but it was a long journey (no troubles with british trains though :eek: ) and I was shattered... I actually still am, my throat is sore, my nose running... Gatherings with Sisters fans usually aren't very healthy...

Had a fantastic weekend in Leeds!

Thanks to everybody who made it possible - do it again and do it soon!
:notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy: :kiss:

Was nice to meet you all, peeps! :D

Eva.
James Blast
Banned

It was top to meet you to Eva, well done in travelling the furtherest :notworthy:
<looks at Petseri and Hal> :twisted:
~ Peter Steele
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Cheers, James - the events were worth it...:-)

Eva.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

looks like the friday flock night @ the phono was sold out :o :notworthy:

from phono paul's live journal
phono paul wrote:Yes, hello, thanks for coming.

We had 200 people at Friday Flock, which is slightly over capacity for the Phono, and unfortunately as a result some people were turned away - sorry about that. The downside of it being so busy was that there were a lot of people I'dve liked to have talked to properly, but simply didn't get the chance. I will write a full update when I get chance, although it probably won't be until next week when I'm back at work.

But well, again, thanks for coming if you did. We sold out the Phono, did I mention that? I still can't quite believe it. It's a small and rather sad ambition, and it's taken almost exactly five years, but a goth night has finally sold out the original northern goth club once again. Thank you.

I will definitely sort out the gallery next week, so please email me with any photos from friday, or send me links to photos if they appear on journals I don't know about - I would really like to be able to do justice to this one online.
thanks for everyone from here that made it to the friday & helped make it a great night 8) :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

Quiff Boy wrote:thanks for everyone from here that made it to the friday & helped make it a great night 8) :notworthy:
I think you mean a fantastic night!
O Hypnotic Mover :wink:
~ Peter Steele
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

told you he was cute, lol
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:roll:

;)
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

actually i told jo you were cute too.. she agreed, naturally
Big Si
School Bully

I only fall asleep in the most exclusive places! :lol: :oops: ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Francis
Overbomber

Big Si wrote:I only fall asleep in the most exclusive places!
And when sat next to me apparently. :(

And I'm not even gonna mention not offering me anything from your mini-bar.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.