Anyone tried livejournal?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Thea
Overbomber

'Specially for 7am :eek:
blackberry
Road Kill

Quiff Boy wrote:quite a few people on here seem to use it.

i even have an account, though i only use it for spamming people and groups about website updates & dj'ing bits and bobs ;)

http://www.livejournal.com/users/quiffboy/

have a look at my friends list - i think i have a good few of the people on here in my list... most of the have the same usernames too :)
ok I will. i have an account too. Will add you.
red red wine, stay close to me...
blackberry
Road Kill

lazarus corporation wrote:I'm acutely allergic to LJ - too many 14 year old girls calling things "hawt"
I have stumbled across some SERIOUSLY disturbing communities while bored, along the lines of 'sexy pre-teen pro anorexia cutting community' etc. worrying
blackberry
Road Kill

d00mw0lf wrote:Then again, I've got three dogs and a handbag on my friends list...
I have two dogs and a spoon on mine!
blackberry
Road Kill

filthyrikky wrote:
blackberry wrote:Thats the question actually. Its pretty big in Manchester...
I tried it for a year or so then realised I was pissing important moments in life against the wall.
heh. I gave up on it for a while, realising it was probably sad, but I needs something to do at work, and basically im a bit nosey!
Francis
Overbomber

blackberry wrote:but I needs something to do at work
You could always try increasing your post count here. :wink:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
blackberry
Road Kill

Francis wrote:
blackberry wrote:but I needs something to do at work
You could always try increasing your post count here. :wink:
Yeah I am on my way to doing that one too!
Thea
Overbomber

blackberry wrote:
d00mw0lf wrote:Then again, I've got three dogs and a handbag on my friends list...
I have two dogs and a spoon on mine!
:notworthy:
I'm most impressed!
dee902
Amphetamine Filth

I'm a livejournal junkie. :oops: I've had an account for almost 4 years!

Since all of my entries are now 'friends only' (people got psycho on me), you'd have to add me in order to read any of them. My username's dee902 (surprise, surprise!).
My name is Deirdre and I'm a music nerd.
Thea
Overbomber

I've been on lj nearly that long too :eek: (if you count my first account and the one I've got now...)
I keep mine "friends only" too - I like to know who's reading :lol:
filthyrikky
Road Kill

d00mw0lf wrote:
RicheyJames wrote: must have been hard finding the time between selling literally dozens of records, toruing the backwaters of europe and mis-spelling the names of nineteenth century german philosophers...
RJ - While I don't always agree with everything you say - you've outshone yerself lad!
:notworthy: :notworthy: and :notworthy:
The bitterness is strong with this one....

"whatever happens, we have got, a record deal...and your boyfriend has not".

Adios...

R
http://killingmiranda.com

bum raping the goth scene since 1998
filthyrikky
Road Kill

RicheyJames wrote:
filthyrikky wrote:I tried it for a year or so then realised I was pissing important moments in life against the wall.
must have been hard finding the time between selling literally dozens of records, toruing the backwaters of europe and mis-spelling the names of nineteenth century german philosophers...
Yes we have been "toruing" quite allot.

Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

filthyrikky wrote:
d00mw0lf wrote:
RicheyJames wrote: must have been hard finding the time between selling literally dozens of records, toruing the backwaters of europe and mis-spelling the names of nineteenth century german philosophers...
RJ - While I don't always agree with everything you say - you've outshone yerself lad!

Adios...

R
How little you know young Sir. Richeyjames is not d00mw0lf's boyfriend. He is my husband. Please do your research before you make an arse of yourself. Thank you.
Only a paand.
filthyrikky
Road Kill

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:
filthyrikky wrote:
d00mw0lf wrote: RJ - While I don't always agree with everything you say - you've outshone yerself lad!

Adios...

R
How little you know young Sir. Richeyjames is not d00mw0lf's boyfriend. He is my husband. Please do your research before you make an arse of yourself. Thank you.
I'm not referring to him.

Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

filthyrikky wrote:
RicheyJames wrote:
filthyrikky wrote:I tried it for a year or so then realised I was pissing important moments in life against the wall.
must have been hard finding the time between selling literally dozens of records, toruing the backwaters of europe and mis-spelling the names of nineteenth century german philosophers...
RIBS
Only a paand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

filthyrikky wrote:
Mrs RicheyJames wrote:
filthyrikky wrote: The bitterness is strong with this one....

Adios...

R
Well why did you quote d00my's reply to Richey? <sigh>
Only a paand.
filthyrikky
Road Kill

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:
filthyrikky wrote:
RIBS
Well if people are going to do the old "SIC" on me. They should strive to be above reprise...no ?

Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Well. The man can fight his own battles. I can't be arsed.
Only a paand.
filthyrikky
Road Kill

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:
filthyrikky wrote:
Mrs RicheyJames wrote: How little you know young Sir. Richeyjames is not d00mw0lf's boyfriend. He is my husband. Please do your research before you make an arse of yourself. Thank you.
Well why did you quote d00my's reply to Richey? <sigh>
Where do I say I AM referring to this person ? The comment is based on hearsay...but reliable hearsay. And not at anyone called "richey" AFAIK.

filthyrikky
Road Kill

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:Well. The man can fight his own battles. I can't be arsed.
I guess i get to be the bad guy once more huh ?

RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

filthyrikky wrote:Yes we have been "toruing" quite allot.
come, come class. we have been through this before. the difference between a simple typo and an actual lack of knowledge (especially when trying to appear knowledgable) should be obvious to most. neatly illustrated thus:
filthyrikky wrote:Well if people are going to do the old "SIC" on me. They should strive to be above reprise...no ?
above reprise? maybe the word you were striving for was reproach?
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
filthyrikky
Road Kill

RicheyJames wrote:
filthyrikky wrote:Yes we have been "toruing" quite allot.
come, come class. we have been through this before. the difference between a simple typo and an actual lack of knowledge (especially when trying to appear knowledgable) should be obvious to most. neatly illustrated thus:
filthyrikky wrote:Well if people are going to do the old "SIC" on me. They should strive to be above reprise...no ?
above reprise? maybe the word you were striving for was reproach?
Is it fair of me to comment that you are being remarkably pedantic ? Sorry is there a real reason for this unpleasantness ? Do I even know you ?

(Faintly annoyed now)

RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

filthyrikky wrote:I guess i get to be the bad guy once more huh ?
well one is forced to wonder why you're bothering. one would have thought that your reported success would enable you to easily soar above such pettiness.

and, for the record, i have no idea who you are and wouldn't recognise one of your songs if you played it into my right ear whilst whispering the name of your band into my left. as far as i'm concerned you're just another faceless heartland punter. albeit one with a superiority complex that almost envies my own).
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

filthyrikky wrote:Is it fair of me to comment that you are being remarkably pedantic ?
it most certainly is. indeed i take it as a compliment. in an age where so many are so sloppy with language i wear my pedantry as a badge of honour.
Sorry is there a real reason for this unpleasantness ?
nope. no reason at all. although i do take umbrage at your description of my playful banter as "unpleasantness". surely everyone's ego needs the occassional prick? perhaps some more than others...
Do I even know you ?
i think i've already covered that.
(Faintly annoyed now)
well you found your way in, i'm sure you can find your way out again...
filthyrikky
Road Kill

well one is forced to wonder why you're bothering. one would have thought that your reported success would enable you to easily soar above such pettiness.
It's a mystery to me as much as anyone. The best explanation I've had so far is that the nature of KM's fanbase (generally young...tad spooky kid for lack of a better word) has left me with a bizzare and unfulfillable desire for recognition from the scene and age group from which I came. I've previously given up UKPG and LJ in a bid to STOP MYSELF DOING THIS, so yes, I'm as concerned as anyone that once more I'm getting suckered in.
and, for the record, i have no idea who you are and wouldn't recognise one of your songs if you played it into my right ear whilst whispering the name of your band into my left. as far as i'm concerned you're just another faceless heartland punter. albeit one with a superiority complex that almost envies my own).
[/quote]

So what have i DONE to you to prompt this hostility. I seem to recall that was the question.