Leeds festival

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

If you want to hear 1969 how it should really sound THE STOOGES are playing the main stage on the Friday.
Back together last year for the first time since 1974 & they were absolutely superb.

http://www.leedsfestival.com/displayPag ... PageID=453
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Pixies are playing too :notworthy:

Gonna have to make the effort to attend this year I think (seeing as it's just down t'road).
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Yep, that's a pretty groovy line-up. If my finances are intact by then, it would be very tempting. Bramham Park is a fab site too (though not quite as fab as Temple Newsam).
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Yeah sounds quite tempting this year.

Still not grown out of Mazza Manson so it'd be nice to see them again. Queens Of The Stone Age, Maiden & Iggy would make it worth it too. Anyone know if by any chance they are all on the same day!?!?!
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

QOTSA are on Saturday, the rest Friday. Check out the link dude.

The Stooges were one of the bands of Download last year. Truly stonking.
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Keep checking the link because there are loads and loads of bands to be added. All the best stuff last year was added later & was on the two smaller stages in the tents.

I can't stress just how good the STOOGES were at download - orig line up & they must have played the first two albums in their entirety.
Debaser
Overbomber

And there's fanciful talk on the Killing Joke mailing list, that they'll be playing. Do hope so, it'll kinda make up for the 'Motely Crue' debacle.

ooks like they might be my 'one move from my resting spot all weekend' band. :D :D :D

Killers just before the Pixies...HOW COOL IS THAT???
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else