Heartland South-East Meeting, 7th of May 2005, London

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Not sure what time we'll be there yet. I'll have to look into it and let you know.
Only a paand.
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:Not sure what time we'll be there yet. I'll have to look into it and let you know.
If you two come down I'll pop along.

Alexander
Groningen - Lokerese Feesten
Shadow_Smile
Uw voeten stinken

Heej, I got a question, what airport would be best to choose, and what hotel is nearby the meeting and cheap ?
I was quite impressed until I hit the floor,.....Isn’t that what friends are for ?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Shadow_Smile wrote:Heej, I got a question, what airport would be best to choose, and what hotel is nearby the meeting and cheap ?
the airport depends on where you're flying from i guess.

if you want to go with a cheap "budget" airline then you're probably looking at stanstead :?:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Shadow_Smile
Uw voeten stinken

will aks at the travel shop, but i'm open for ideas :D
I was quite impressed until I hit the floor,.....Isn’t that what friends are for ?
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Most budget carriers fly into Stansted, which is about one hour on the train from Liverpool Street. A return ticket will be about £15 GBP. From Liverpool Street you'll need the underground to go to Camden Town - a travelcard is less than £5. Try www.easyjet.co.uk or www.ryanair.com for starters. I think www.bmibaby.com might have flights to Holland as well.

London City might be your best bet - there are some cheap deals in and out of there, and travelling on would be a bus link to Canning Town then a train to Camden Road or underground into central London. You'll also find the cheapest hotels in London around that area, but you can guess from that what the area will be like! The airport has a website which is quite helpful - just google it.

I'd avoid Gatwick, because I don't like it. Plus it's south of the city and that might be a pain. Luton might be OK but it's a similar set-up to Stansted. Heathrow is good for onward travel (it has it's own underground stations) but is usually more expensive.

Don't know what your connections to Brussels would be like, but you might consider the Eurostar trains. Return from £55, and Brussels to London Waterloo is barely three hours. With all the faffing around at the airports you'll struggle to travel quicker by plane.

For accommodation you might want to check with the other out of towners. Cheapest will be the youth hostels (www.yha.org), if you don't mind hostels and shared dorms. London hotels tend to be pricey.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Are we still all going to Slimelight after the pub? Or another club of some kind? :D
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Can do. I suppose we could play it by ear when we all get together.
Only a paand.
Andie
Overbomber

i'll let you youngsters stay up late on this occasion :wink:

but i'll be off for my late night snuggles with mrs B... :P
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

@Burn - Have lorst your email address bud, thanx to my limping pc.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Francis
Overbomber

Ten out of ten. Get in!
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Delilah
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Shadow_Smile wrote:Heej, I got a question, what airport would be best to choose, and what hotel is nearby the meeting and cheap ?
Where are you flying from? If you are choosing the budget airline, Luton and Stansted are quite a distance away, but they are boh very easy to get to/from. It takes about 1-1.5 h on the coach and the coaches are very frequent.
Shadow_Smile
Uw voeten stinken

From Amsterdam, tomorrow I will know more about the flights and hotels
Andie
Overbomber

um...just one question...

if the dress code is gonna be BLACK...how are we gonna recognise eachother?...i ain't wearing any TSOM T's...that's just too sad for words...and i don't do flowers...or newspapers under my arm...nor do i post my photos as my avatar...

suggestions?...
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

we'll be the old dodery ones amongst all the Manson fans
Dave R

does anyone mind if i gatecrash???

i am from the south really, south staffs that is, stourbridge.....

be nice to put faces to names and that way i can abuse folf to thier face!!!!

can i come???????
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

I'm sure no one would object
Thea
Overbomber

Burn wrote:um...just one question...

if the dress code is gonna be BLACK...how are we gonna recognise eachother?...i ain't wearing any TSOM T's...that's just too sad for words...and i don't do flowers...or newspapers under my arm...nor do i post my photos as my avatar...

suggestions?...
See, this is why you should own a "forum thing" shirt. All the cool you could ever want. Wern't there plans to make them in hudreds of ker-azii colours?
Dave R wrote:does anyone mind if i gatecrash???

i am from the south really, south staffs that is, stourbridge.....

be nice to put faces to names and that way i can abuse folf to thier face!!!!

can i come???????
Stourbridge must be in the south. i've been there, yet have no idea where it is. Thus, it must be in the south. of course you could be one of the "lost" ones, like those of us coming from Yorkshire (and beyond....)
Dave R

i can go with the lot ones thang....kinda groovy.....

does lost ones basically mean anyone north of watford??? cos if so i'm 90 miles north, and 92 degrees warm...........

feck it souhtern types, WE ARE COMING............faggots and peas for me!!!
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
Thea
Overbomber

Dave R wrote:i can go with the lot ones thang....kinda groovy.....

does lost ones basically mean anyone north of watford??? cos if so i'm 90 miles north, and 92 degrees warm...........

feck it souhtern types, WE ARE COMING............faggots and peas for me!!!
According to Vlad the Dad (Dad of Vlad) there's a line that runs through watford (possibly at the gap) and above it, england is simply a barran waste with "here be dragons" written on it.
So by his reconing, you're one of us. 8)
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

a bit like the Tory map of the UK from the Not The Nine O'Clock News book - England stopped at Watford Gap and turned into a narrow strip - the M1 - until it suddenly widened into Grouse Shooting country as it hit the borders
Dave R

LMAO!!!

reminds me of the Spitting Image Book from a few years back, there was a map of the country, all it showed was the south of england then nothing but a motorway until you hit scotland (referred to as Andys Bit)....

here be fuckin dragons....nice.... :notworthy: :notworthy:
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

ah - maybe it was the Spitting Image book then
James Blast
Banned

or maybe MacHeartland :wink:
I am watching
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dave R

Mac Omnipresent????
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?