Sisters Live at this years Meraluna festival

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Dave R
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

who said tha?????????

:wink:
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

pikkrong wrote:Some of my posts seem to be invisible to others :innocent:
I hope you don't mean me, old chap? If you look at the time of our posts answering the Puppet question, you'll see the answer revealed. :D :roll:
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
pikkrong
Overbomber

FFS Dave wrote:
pikkrong wrote:Some of my posts seem to be invisible to others :innocent:
I hope you don't mean me, old chap? If you look at the time of our posts answering the Puppet question, you'll see the answer revealed. :D :roll:
Well, I DID mean you and another good old H-lander but I was NOT too serious.
No problems, mates :wink:
(Yes, I understood we were posting the same time and Mr Blast actually added something to my post.)
TheBoyNextDoor

Ah this is great news!

Does anyone know if there's any busses going from Hamburg to Hildesheim? The train is very expensive. :roll:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

A bus from Leeds to Hildeshiem would be more appropriate I feel. :wink:

On the subject of which, I've emailed Argon Events requesting exactly that - they've ran them before to ML festivals. I'd recommend all UK based Heartlanders to do the same (assuming you wanna come, natch), and maybe Argon will be persuaded that they will fill the coach.

Their website is www.argon-direct.com
RobF

Having seen the look on people's faces upon alighting the coach in Hildesheim, I think I'll take my chances on almost any other form of transport :wink: Including walking.
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Yeah, but it's cheap :D . We got the argon bus to Eurorock the other year (admittedly not as far) and it was a blast. It's amazing what effect a couple of litres of vodka and coke can have on a long journey. Like having yer very own tardis.
vicus

TheBoyNextDoor wrote:Does anyone know if there's any busses going from Hamburg to Hildesheim? The train is very expensive. :roll:
about 35 EUR...
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Hey peeps!

Just back from Italy to tell you: get your money together and let's all meet up there! If I'm lucky I'll arrive in a coach from Zurich. Done this before and it was wonderful! Coach rides might be dreadful but at least I don't need to worry about finding my way.

And there's nothing like waking up to a Sisters sound check..... :notworthy:

Glad to hear we'll see you, Pikkrong!

As for tickets (and to answer your question, Pikkrong): I'll wait until I know whether there will be an organised coach trip from Zurich. And if the Sisters haven't cancelled by then I'll get myself a ticket. I doubt the Sisters will pull out, cause they've played this festival before.

AMEN! 8)
You can't fix stupid.
RobF

Eva wrote:Hey peeps!

And there's nothing like waking up to a Sisters sound check..... :notworthy:
...tis' a wonderful thing indeed, though last time, I woke up to Ribbons, saw 9.30 on my watch, and nearly had a heart-attack, I thought I'd slept all day, missed Soft Cell and half the Sisters :oops:

Tickets wise, there are generally some available on the gate on Thursday afternoon.
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
christophe
Overbomber

I still am not convinced yet.

Wouldn’t there be any other shows announced bye now? Maybe Meraluna festival had the honour to be the first to announce it?
But I find It a bit early to ran for tickets.

Still, if so. How are the European Hearlanders thinking of making the trip :?: , it would be a idea to meet up and travel together.
Another Shade of You.
TheBoyNextDoor

[quote="vicus
about 35 EUR...[/quote]

One-way with train HH to H? ...and the flight from Stockholm to Hamburg 65 EUR two-way. I love Ryanair. :D

So we all meet at M'era Luna this year!
Looking forward to this festival soo much that I think I'm going to pieces.
8)
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

RobF wrote:Having seen the look on people's faces upon alighting the coach in Hildesheim, I think I'll take my chances on almost any other form of transport :wink: Including walking.
I'll second that. I'd only recommend this option if you're desperate, as going by coach to the mainland tends to be a rather slow, bumpy, cramped and knackering experience - not a good way to begin a Sisters "jolly"!

@ Dave W:
check out Air Berlin - they do cheap flights from Manchester to Paderborn, which is about 50 miles from Hildesheim and easily accessable by train.
The Scene won't save you...
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Coach rides might be dreadful but at least I don't need to worry about finding my way.
Just make sure you take plenty of sick bags and bog roll. :) How many hours is it from Zurich to Hildesheim again?
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Andrew S wrote:

Coach rides might be dreadful but at least I don't need to worry about finding my way.
Just make sure you take plenty of sick bags and bog roll. :) How many hours is it from Zurich to Hildesheim again?
I've never been sick on a coach (in any means of transport actually, not even when the others arround me had a synchronized collective puke), but bog rollS are an excellent idea.... :roll: :lol:

Besides: I think I won't travel by coach this time, cause I want to avoid the traffic jam we ended up in last time. I'll take the train. So instead of 10 hours the journey will only take 6.30 hours. Isn't that lovely? :D And there's a direct train from Basel to Hildesheim, I can't believe it! Seems Switzerland is in Europe after all.

Ha! Life is beautiful and so are the Sisters and I'll see them live this year despite exams and everything :!: :!: :!: :D

*jumping up and down and up and down and up and down* ;D :oops: :innocent: 8)
You can't fix stupid.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Is it forsure yet? Has anyone told the bootleggers?
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

*gnawing impatiently on my knuckles*

I need to find out f**king soon! I'll have to take an extra job to get there...
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
ThomasS
Road Kill

TheBoyNextDoor wrote: One-way with train HH to H? ...and the flight from Stockholm to Hamburg 65 EUR two-way. I love Ryanair. :D
Be sure it's really, really "Hamburg-Fuhlsbüttel" and not "Hamburg/Lübeck". RyanAir love to sell 'Lübeck' as 'Hamburg'. If it's "Hamburg/Lübeck" have a look on the map and look for a reasonable train/bus-connection. It's about an hour and a half to get from Lübeck airport to Hamburg.

Greetings

Thomas
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. (Terry Pratchett)
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Scardwel wrote: @ Dave W:
check out Air Berlin - they do cheap flights from Manchester to Paderborn, which is about 50 miles from Hildesheim and easily accessable by train.
Sounds promising Scardy. Cheers for the tip-off. We went with Air Berlin to, err, Berlin, last December for the Rammstein gig. £45 return - not to be sniffed at. :notworthy:
Last edited by Planet Dave on 29 Mar 2005, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

boudicca wrote:*gnawing impatiently on my knuckles*

I need to find out f**king soon! I'll have to take an extra job to get there...
I'll more than likely have to take a job to get there. :evil:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Hmm, £76 quid, and that's before we start worrying about trains and festival tickets. Hmmm.[/i]
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Where to stay...

the Heartland Hotel? Now there's a concept... :idea:

Breakfast is served on the 1st floor between 13.00 and 15.00 hours
When we say "breakfast", we mean strong coffee and a selection of illegal substances
Minibars are stocked with ready-mixed Snakebite and Black
No Corby trouser-presses - if it ain't leather you ain't wearing it
Phantom is played in the lifts
Black duvets...

...I'm onto something here! ;D :von:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

HOTELS!?!?!?!?

Awww no way. If it's a festival, you HAVE to camp. It's obligatory.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

nearest i found to cheap flights were on expedia - 96 quid return from stansted.

that all looks quite interesting... :notworthy:

...should the sisters actually confirm of course. 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?