Sisters Live at this years Meraluna festival

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

ok, after the Austria debacle I face the possibilities of the Sisters pulling out too, but still I don't think it's probable.

@ Boudicca: He's right, you have to camp! - How on earth could you wake up to the Sisters soundcheck if you're miles away in a dodgy hotel?! And you might be too late at the festival site to get hold of the last small-sized "Utterly Bastard Groovy" shirt - remember? :twisted:

8)
You can't fix stupid.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Eva wrote:@ Boudicca: He's right, you have to camp! - How on earth could you wake up to the Sisters soundcheck if you're miles away in a dodgy hotel?! And you might be too late at the festival site to get hold of the last small-sized "Utterly Bastard Groovy" shirt - remember? :twisted:

8)
True but... I just can't dig it.... :?

The Full Festival Experience alarms me. I need my mod cons.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Eva

boudicca wrote:
Eva wrote:@ Boudicca: He's right, you have to camp! - How on earth could you wake up to the Sisters soundcheck if you're miles away in a dodgy hotel?! And you might be too late at the festival site to get hold of the last small-sized "Utterly Bastard Groovy" shirt - remember? :twisted:

8)
True but... I just can't dig it.... :?

The Full Festival Experience alarms me. I need my mod cons.
well, ok. you're no 1969er I assume.... :wink:

And to be completely honest I guess I'll envy you for the clean showers, proper (en-suite?!) toilets etc..... :roll:
You can't fix stupid.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

It's also - coming from so far away, I think I'd get there a day before and leave a day after...
Eva

So do I: arrive on friday and leave again on monday morning. On friday the camping loo's might still be clean and on monday I don't care anymore.... :roll:
You can't fix stupid.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Eva wrote:So do I: arrive on friday and leave again on monday morning. On friday the camping loo's might still be clean and on monday I don't care anymore.... :roll:
That's the spirit girl. It's really simple. City breaks = hotels; Festivals = camping. End of. Age is not an issue. Nor is 'creature comforts'. Simply get too drunk (or whatever) to care. Sorted. :D :P

That said, the Heartland Hotel's spec sounds alarmingly similar to that of the Hotel Kabul in the Dam :eek: :twisted: :lol: Worth a visit.
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Well if its official count me in. @ FFS Dave, if you organise the travel I'll pay for your ticket! U can't miss it! 8)
Bit worrying that there's still nothing on the official site...
Von's probably looking on here & seeing how many of us will pay him again before he confirms!
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
RobF
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Aaaah c'mon, everyone has to camp, no Jessies. Showers? Toilets? What's wrong with you people! Shorts, vests, booze, unauthorised fires, building scarecrows out of cans and shoving them down hills in trolleys, shouting "HELGA" all night for no apparent reason... These are the ways.
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
Eva

RobF wrote:Aaaah c'mon, everyone has to camp, no Jessies. Showers? Toilets? What's wrong with you people! Shorts, vests, booze, unauthorised fires, building scarecrows out of cans and shoving them down hills in trolleys, shouting "HELGA" all night for no apparent reason... These are the ways.

You're just NOT, repeat: NOT! going to shout HELGA near my tent! :lol: :lol: :lol:

in fact: no noises from anybody near my tent, otherwise it's going to end in tears.... :twisted: :wink:
You can't fix stupid.
_emma_
Overbomber

Eva wrote:You're just NOT, repeat: NOT! going to shout HELGA near my tent! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Neither near mine, no way. :lol:
Eva

Maybe I should bring some barbed wire with me, just in case..... :lol:
You can't fix stupid.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

What can I say, some of us like to wash rather than cover it all up with patchouli oil... :innocent: ;D :P
pikkrong
Overbomber

Will someone (in addition to me) go via Berlin? If so, we could meet and go together by train to Hildesheim, eh?
(I still don't know will I go alone from Estonia or with a couple of persons who want to see Combichrist and Klinik.)
boudicca
Sister Midnight

pikkrong wrote:Will someone (in addition to me) go via Berlin? If so, we could meet and go together by train to Hildesheim, eh?
(I still don't know will I go alone from Estonia or with a couple of persons who want to see Combichrist and Klinik.)
Looking at prices just now, flights seem to be cheaper from Glasgow to Berlin than to Hanover, so... :innocent:

Edinburgh's even better! :D
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

boudicca wrote: The Full Festival Experience alarms me. I need my mod cons.
YOU BIG NANCY!
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

RobF wrote:Aaaah c'mon, everyone has to camp, no Jessies. Showers? Toilets? What's wrong with you people! Shorts, vests, booze, unauthorised fires, building scarecrows out of cans and shoving them down hills in trolleys, shouting "HELGA" all night for no apparent reason... These are the ways.
Rob you sound just like my dad.:) Well, perhaps apart from the HELGA bit...
Dave R
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

ARE WE JUMPING THE GUN HERE GUYS????

2002 - The 'Sters Headline Mer Luna.....
2003 - A Bloody Tour actually takes place....

2005 - The 'Sters are back at Mera Luna (maybe...)
2006 - A Bloody Tour takes place....maybe....

Is there a pattern?
Is it brown sauce on fishfingers or red?
Butter or I can't believe its not butter?

Premature maybe, but at least we come first...... 8)
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Eva wrote:

You're just NOT, repeat: NOT! going to shout HELGA near my tent! :lol: :lol: :lol:

in fact: no noises from anybody near my tent, otherwise it's going to end in tears.... :twisted: :wink:
But we need somewhere to park the 24-hour Rock 'N' Techno Bus. 8) :twisted: :von:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Purple Light wrote:Well if its official count me in. @ FFS Dave, if you organise the travel I'll pay for your ticket! U can't miss it! 8)
Bit worrying that there's still nothing on the official site...
Von's probably looking on here & seeing how many of us will pay him again before he confirms!
Mr Light, that offer might yet turn round and bite you on the arse! :lol:

But it's definitely looking good - another mate has said he'll stump up (or at least loan) the cost of travel. SorTED! :D 8) :D :notworthy:

At the mo, £76 return flight from MCR to Paderborn with Air Berlin looks good - fly over on the Friday and back on the Monday. I have no idea how much a train from Paderborn to Hildeshiem will cost, nor their frequency, but that's the kind of thing you worry about when you get there. Rather like wandering around Neerpelt in 2000 looking for some means of obtaining Belgian readies when the town seemed to have shut.

And yeah, fundamentally I totally agree - it does have to be done, if only to 'admire' the sight of the general Mera Luna publice prancing around in all their finery. Goodness Gracious indeed. :notworthy:

So, dare we bite the bullet? Cos you know what'll happen the second hard cash is disposed of.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

boudicca wrote:What can I say, some of us like to wash rather than cover it all up with patchouli oil... :innocent: ;D :P
Do they not sell wetwipes in your neck of the woods boudicca? :wink:

But like we say, by Saturday morning you so wouldn't care. :P :urff: And neither would anyone else.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Huh ?... Smoke and Mirrors.

Again.

Sorry. :von:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

FFS Dave wrote:At the mo, £76 return flight from MCR to Paderborn with Air Berlin looks good - fly over on the Friday and back on the Monday. I have no idea how much a train from Paderborn to Hildesheim will cost, nor their frequency, but that's the kind of thing you worry about when you get there.
Not sure about prices, but you can get the train times here (it's in english):

http://www.db.de/site/bahn/en/start.html
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Scardwel wrote:
FFS Dave wrote:At the mo, £76 return flight from MCR to Paderborn with Air Berlin looks good - fly over on the Friday and back on the Monday. I have no idea how much a train from Paderborn to Hildesheim will cost, nor their frequency, but that's the kind of thing you worry about when you get there.
Not sure about prices, but you can get the train times here (it's in english):

http://www.db.de/site/bahn/en/start.html
Danke! :notworthy: But I'll still end up worrying about it on the day. :roll:
So, you coming then Simon?
boudicca
Sister Midnight

FFS Dave wrote:Do they not sell wetwipes in your neck of the woods boudicca? :wink:
No, we bathe in this stuff up here...

:wink: :P
paul
Overbomber

I'll get there, even if I have to crawl/swim/skydive/dig