so... who's in the band now then?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

If Adam has left I'd say the character of it all will indeed change quite considerably. Wasn't that guy from the Cure who toured with Page/Plant rumoured once? Would inject some pop sensibility - but we've been there before ;:. Whatever Adam's legacy is I personaly don't think it is much of a songwriting dent. Compared to the earlier work only Romeo Down stands out IMHO with Summer being a nice throw-away. They really should have pushed for a live-DVD IMHO as that would have been one way to get back into the US - probably. I'd be interesting to see who gets on stage - if at all.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

vicus wrote:
paint it black wrote:has adam left then,

why's it not on the site, [...]
Possibly for the same reason, Mike's not really out (on that page).
I don't think, the sisters-page is a relieable source these days.
Like somebody here mentioned a few weeks ago: It seems, Andrew lost the password... :roll:
maybe we need to point the same hackers who took HL down in his direction? they could help him recover it :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Karst
Slight Overbomber

drgarret wrote:to follow this principle in reverse i believe Hussey would be free to use Sisters material he has co-wrote, much to loathing no doubt of AE. I'm sure many of you have noticed how the Mish song 'Into the Blue' ends exactly the same as the Sisters 'Walk Away'? Similarly there is 'Marian' and 'Wasteland' - not heard the Sisters 'Garden of Delight' to comment how much of a Hussey track it is. with Into the Blue i presume this was deliberately to get up the nose of AE, and leaving him powerless to act on it. Either that or Hussey really was running out of ideas.
The Mish used to play a version of Wasteland which segued into Marian (version) or vice-versa on their 1999/2000 tours. This was when Craig was still in the band. 'Garden of Delight' is a WH song. 'Into the Blue' is taking the structure of 'Wasteland' moving it about a bit and hey presto. Listen to the opening track of AurA and let me know what you think of that one. :wink:
Btw. I'd say that Eldritch stopped paying attention to all that a long time ago. After the publishing advance from the Sisterhood record he had other things to think about I'd say.
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Karst wrote:The Mish used to play a version of Wasteland which segued into Marian (version) or vice-versa on their 1999/2000 tours.
They also did that Marian-thing in 1991... (WDR Rocknacht, Cologne)
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

vicus wrote:

Like somebody here mentioned a few weeks ago: It seems, Andrew lost the password... :roll:
If the site's no longer reliable, why should they put a link towards the site on the lokerse-feesten site? I guess putting the link overthere means it has been given to the organisation by the sisters, their management, or something... Or doesn't it :?:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Obviousman wrote:
vicus wrote:

If the site's no longer reliable, why should they put a link towards the site on the lokerse-feesten site? I guess putting the link overthere means it has been given to the organisation by the sisters, their management, or something... Or doesn't it :?:
Not really. This innocent little clicky is a link to their site. I didn't get it from the Sisters, or anyone related. They could have just posted a link to give potential customers more information about the bands featured.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

vicus wrote:
Karst wrote:The Mish used to play a version of Wasteland which segued into Marian (version) or vice-versa on their 1999/2000 tours.
they were doing that marian thing in 87, maybe earlier, can't remember. anyway, yeah, the live version of GS on the severina cassette is an example 'mariaaaan i still hear those voices....'
Goths have feelings too
Karst
Slight Overbomber

There were snippets of it in Shelter from the Storm (live).
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

just getting back on topic, i wonder if the new guitarist could be choque hosein :lol:

would bring stuff full circle wouldnt it? ;D :lol:
Spiggy's hat

paint it black wrote:
vicus wrote:
they were doing that marian thing in 87, maybe earlier, can't remember. anyway, yeah, the live version of GS on the severina cassette is an example 'mariaaaan i still hear those voices....'
Reading Festival 1986.

Oh look there goes an old diesel loco... :oops:
Give me one good reason
Spiggy's hat

Quiff Boy wrote:just getting back on topic, i wonder if the new guitarist could be choque hosein :lol:

would bring stuff full circle wouldnt it? ;D :lol:
How about Etch or Wolfie. :lol:
Give me one good reason
paint it black

Dark wrote:
Obviousman wrote:
vicus wrote: Possibly for the same reason, Mike's not really out (on that page).
Not really. This innocent little clicky is a link to their site. I didn't get it from the Sisters, or anyone related. They could have just posted a link to give potential customers more information about the bands featured.
Site expected to be updated tomorrow, tour to be announced, USA leg included and live webchat with Andy till 12.00pm :innocent: :von:

guess you'll be at school, bummer :twisted:
Goths have feelings too
Petseri
Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:2) Who is gonna snag the interview with Mr Pearson?
:oops: I did check with someone who knows Adam. What got back to me was that he is not up to an interview, at least at the moment. :(

Martin
Dark
Underneath the Rock

paint it black wrote:
Dark wrote:
Obviousman wrote: If the site's no longer reliable, why should they put a link towards the site on the lokerse-feesten site? I guess putting the link overthere means it has been given to the organisation by the sisters, their management, or something... Or doesn't it :?:
Site expected to be updated tomorrow, tour to be announced, USA leg included and live webchat with Andy till 12.00pm :innocent: :von:

guess you'll be at school, bummer :twisted:
USA leg can go screw itself, I want it to be in the UK. And I won't be at school.
You failed, PiB!! :twisted:
Big Si
School Bully

Karst wrote:
drgarret wrote:to follow this principle in reverse i believe Hussey would be free to use Sisters material he has co-wrote, much to loathing no doubt of AE. I'm sure many of you have noticed how the Mish song 'Into the Blue' ends exactly the same as the Sisters 'Walk Away'? Similarly there is 'Marian' and 'Wasteland' - not heard the Sisters 'Garden of Delight' to comment how much of a Hussey track it is. with Into the Blue i presume this was deliberately to get up the nose of AE, and leaving him powerless to act on it. Either that or Hussey really was running out of ideas.
The Mish used to play a version of Wasteland which segued into Marian (version) or vice-versa on their 1999/2000 tours. This was when Craig was still in the band. 'Garden of Delight' is a WH song. 'Into the Blue' is taking the structure of 'Wasteland' moving it about a bit and hey presto. Listen to the opening track of AurA and let me know what you think of that one. :wink:
Btw. I'd say that Eldritch stopped paying attention to all that a long time ago. After the publishing advance from the Sisterhood record he had other things to think about I'd say.
And the guitar riff to Wasteland is exactly the same as Craig's bassline on Marian!
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Big Si
School Bully

Petseri wrote:
hallucienate wrote:2) Who is gonna snag the interview with Mr Pearson?
:oops: I did check with someone who knows Adam. What got back to me was that he is not up to an interview, at least at the moment. :(

Martin
Oh bugger! I spoke to Craig's cousin on friday night, I could've started the ball rolling too! ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
paint it black

Dark wrote: USA leg can go screw itself, I want it to be in the UK. And I won't be at school.
You failed, PiB!! :twisted:
see unbeliever, gig three announced :von: :innocent:
Goths have feelings too
aims
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:see unbeliever, gig three announced :von: :innocent:
Gig 0/3 confirmed. Hate to jinx it, but there's still a possibility :innocent:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

The site of the new gig says:

'We are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. And intellectual love gods in our spare time.'
The Sisters are:

Andrew Eldritch (vocals)
Adam Pearson (guitar and backing vocals)
Chris Sheehan (guitar and backing vocals)
Doktor Avalanche (drums etc.)
Nurse (nurse to the Doktor)

Or is this a copy from the site??
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
aims
Overbomber

Looks like a verbatim copy from the official site. Of course they could have typed it out again by themselves, but that would have been too much effort. Besides, putting new, original information on a page is so passe ;)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

a friend has suggested the new guitarist might be "buckethead" ;D

keep your eye on this list:

http://www.bucketheadland.com/faq/#anchor1782410

:lol: :notworthy: