Sisters Live at this years Meraluna festival

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

James Blast wrote:a stolen clarinet would be a blessing to my ears
In a flood of your tears,
In sackcloth and ashes, and ashes,
And second-hand passion,
And stolen...

CLARINETS!!!??? :eek: :lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
James Blast
Banned

boudicca wrote:Bearsden... (my home town I might add... and The Most Affluent Place In Scotland :innocent: )
I think you'll find The Mearns is more affluent :lol:
I have a seaside place in Troon, overlooking the 'First Hole' BTW Image
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

boudicca wrote:
James Blast wrote:a stolen clarinet would be a blessing to my ears
In a flood of your tears,
In sackcloth and ashes, and ashes,
And second-hand passion,
And stolen...

CLARINETS!!!??? :eek: :lol:
the bitter comes out better one a stolen clarinet ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

you're drunk Boss welcome :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

boudicca wrote: :eek: Lets just swap. Now! ;D
If you're patient until the end of this year I'll take you by the word! :!:
boudicca wrote: Are you sure you live in Switzerland?
Last time I looked it was Zurich: grumpy people, not enough Sisters gigs....:roll:

boudicca wrote: To translate..

"Well it is not the sunny South Side...

Bearsden... (my home town I might add... and The Most Affluent Place In Scotland :innocent: )

...or The Gorbals (one of the city's many areas frequented by Non Educated Deliquent youths)...

...thankfully Eva! ;D"

:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:

Didn't know there actually is a sunny side in Glasgow.... That was the only thing that to put me off so far. Now I'm coming.... 8)
You can't fix stupid.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Bring some nice Swiss choc-o-late Eva! ;D

This thread used to be about M'era Luna as well... just look what happens when the Glasgow Contingent get in on a topic! :roll: :lol:
Eva

boudicca wrote:Bring some nice Swiss choc-o-late Eva! ;D
I will, promised - at least to the festivals. But only if you appreciate proper chocolate: some people I know don't like chocolate with nuts etc. :eek: :urff:
boudicca wrote:This thread used to be about M'era Luna as well... just look what happens when the Glasgow Contingent get in on a topic! :roll: :lol:

Let's put it this way: we're just trying to stay calm by ANY means as long as we don't know anything more about the gigs.... :lol:
You can't fix stupid.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Eva wrote:I will, promised - at least to the festivals. But only if you appreciate proper chocolate: some people I know don't like chocolate with nuts etc. :eek: :urff:
Too bloody right. Nutty chocolate is s**t! Talking of chocolate, I did try for the first time recently, Lindt Lindor DARK chocolate. I've never seen it in the UK and it is wonderful. :D
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
Eva wrote:The necropolis is one of the most beautiful places in Glasgow! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :von:
Subsitute the word most for only, and you're about right... :roll:
Glasgow has 3 cathedrals and I think also 3 necropoli. The Eastern Necropolis isn't the one we went to Eva. It's in Parkhead (the part of Glasgow where it's best not to wear blue) and not as stunning as the "real" one. I think Mr Blast probably favours St Andrew's Cathedral which, despite its name, isn't anywhere near as spectacular as Glasgow Cathedral.
Eva

Andrew S wrote:
Eva wrote:I will, promised - at least to the festivals. But only if you appreciate proper chocolate: some people I know don't like chocolate with nuts etc. :eek: :urff:
Too bloody right. Nutty chocolate is s**t! Talking of chocolate, I did try for the first time recently, Lindt Lindor DARK chocolate. I've never seen it in the UK and it is wonderful. :D
Andrew, you're forgiven a lot, but let's get one thing straight:

You have no idea of proper chocolate and a peculiar taste in food anyway... :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can't fix stupid.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

green and blacks' dark choc (70% cocoa solids) and the maya gold (similarly high cocoa % with a hint of orange).

best choc there is.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Quiff Boy wrote:green and blacks' dark choc (70% cocoa solids) and the maya gold (similarly high cocoa % with a hint of orange).

best choc there is.
certainally gets debaser going :twisted:
Goths have feelings too
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I really like white chocolate. Hope that doesn't make me a poof.
_emma_
Overbomber

The whiter the better, the darker the worse.

Meanwhile, M'era Luna has been officially confirmed at http://www.thesistersofmercy.com/news/livenews.htm

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

paint it black wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:green and blacks' dark choc (70% cocoa solids) and the maya gold (similarly high cocoa % with a hint of orange).

best choc there is.
so i hear. and my jo apparently... :o

:lol: :notworthy:
Last edited by Quiff Boy on 01 Apr 2005, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.
_emma_
Overbomber

April's Fool. :innocent:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Quiff Boy wrote:
paint it black wrote:

best choc there is.
so i hear. and my jo apparently... :o

:lol: :notworthy:
Give her the milk version. The best ever.
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

according to www.meraluna.de, Skinny Puppy are co-headliner; but I think, we'll have to wait until tomorrow, if it's just another fools day joke :roll:
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
pikkrong
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
pikkrong wrote:Will someone (in addition to me) go via Berlin? If so, we could meet and go together by train to Hildesheim, eh?
(I still don't know will I go alone from Estonia or with a couple of persons who want to see Combichrist and Klinik.)
Looking at prices just now, flights seem to be cheaper from Glasgow to Berlin than to Hanover, so... :innocent:
So I suggest you Berlin :wink:
I have once traveled from Berlin to Hildesheim, so you could be sure you will not get lost with me - as I didn't get lost in 2002.
Well, there's always a possibility that you'll get lost - as it happens with me more frequently :innocent:

Always yours personal Mr. Bean :kiss:
RobF

vicus wrote:according to www.meraluna.de, Skinny Puppy are co-headliner; but I think, we'll have to wait until tomorrow, if it's just another fools day joke :roll:
Not definitely, they are playing gigs, and it did happen in 2000... Oh the glorious weekend in Dresden :notworthy:
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
boudicca
Sister Midnight

pikkrong wrote:So I suggest you Berlin :wink:
I have once traveled from Berlin to Hildesheim, so you could be sure you will not get lost with me - as I didn't get lost in 2002.
Well, there's always a possibility that you'll get lost - as it happens with me more frequently :innocent:

:D
We can travel in a pikk rong, ho ho! :lol: :roll:
Bring a compass.
pikkrong
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
pikkrong wrote:So I suggest you Berlin :wink:

:D
We can travel in a pikk rong, ho ho! :lol: :roll:
Bring a compass.
Yes, long train from Berlin to Hildesheim - that I used 3 years ago and that I'm going to use again. I love German railway :)
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Trans-Europa Express! 8)
Delilah

pikkrong wrote: Yes, long train from Berlin to Hildesheim - that I used 3 years ago and that I'm going to use again. I love German railway :)
it is very "sterile" isn't it? :wink:
Black Shuck
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

I'll actually be in Germany at the time of this festival, and am now quite tempted to go.

The official website seems a bit scary, though - do any normal -looking people actually attend? or is it always just people like this

is that a BLOKE, second from the right????!

if so, I'd best give it a miss - I'll probably just spend the whole weekend laughing in people's faces.
Gazza for England manager