Forgive me, I shouldn't be in here....

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Debaser
Overbomber

BUT, I need some help.

Tell me more about Tim Bricheno ... I've recently discovered he played in All About Eve, Sisters and one of my fav bands CNN/X-CNN

Or, have I just mentioned everything there is to know about him?
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

from huddersfield. played for years with AEE and played with the sisters during the "vision thing" era. he joined when the album was pretty much done, so the general concensus us that there is actually little or none of his geetar on the album, but he played on all the live dates from around the time. (obviously :lol:)

recruited by eldritch for his "M62 guitar sound" which presumably he had been missing since marx & hussey left...

see also a post_X-CNN band called "tin star", now defunct.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

http://www.thesistersofmercy.com/gen/biog.htm

Guitarist Andreas Bruhn joins the band; he and Andrew Eldritch write songs for the next album. Tony James replaces the recently departed Patricia Morrison. Guitarist Tim Bricheno completes the line-up, as the third LP 'VISION THING' is being finished.

etc
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

http://www.mixi.net/Sisters.Of.Mercy/In ... ay.92.html

Perhaps the varying mediums used on the albums were a result of the differing band line-ups in operation at the time. This would explain the 'Vision Thing' type sound to 'Temple Of Love 1992', since the band line-up is virtually unchanged. However, there is the question of Tim Bricheno's input. Formerly with All About Eve, Tim's initiation into the ranks of The Sisters came too late to make any real impact on 'Vision Thing'.

``Tim came in very, very late on the last album,'' Eldritch recounts. ``Only in time to play a few parts on one song. Tim's very much looking forward to getting some credits on the next album, but I don't think Andreas is really that bothered.''

Do you think Tim's input will bring back a more intricate style of guitar work over the top of some of the more rockier stuff?

``Yeah. Particularly what I always call the M62 sound. you've got like a band across the north of England, and any northern English guitar player, whether they come from Hull or Leeds or Sheffield or Manchester or Liverpool, you can always tell that they come from that band of the country. That's a sound that I did kind of miss on Vision Thing.''
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Tim had joined late because he spent that summer touring with the m*****n around Europe making a nuisance of himself. Btw. how *do* you actually pronounce his surname?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Anyone fancy trying to look him up for a Heartland Interviewâ„¢? ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Karst
Slight Overbomber

You can ask his brother who is a producer:

http://www.blazemusic.co.uk/Jan_Toby.html
Debaser
Overbomber

Fanqueue....already knew the Tinstar mularky and the Oil of Olay advert info is new to me LOL

Thanks...it's a small world
allfear
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Tobys got a site, Tops Sunshot were always ace!!!

Matt
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

He's currently in Jok with the singer from XC-NN/Tin Star. I saw them in London in December and they were quite good, more guitar-y rock'n'roll. Their web presence is at <http://www.unnaturalrecords.co.uk/> and there's also a four-track CD.

RobF and I got to chat with him at the Suicide gig at the Electric Ballroom in January. He's a nice bloke and very friendly, although I feel a bit sorry for him because we just asked him about being in the Sisters and about his brother Toby's bands (Sunshot and Brahmin Inc) and not really anything about his stuff! He did say he wasn't sure when Jok would be playing next though.

Alexander
Andy TG
Overbomber

I saw SunShot supporting Von in the NEC in June 92 and they were great.

Is there a cd of the Sisters gig able to be "weeded" - If NOT I have a complete tape recording of the gig if someone is able to convert!

Any ideas?
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
pikkrong
Overbomber

I've got a CD "SONGS OF MASS DESTRUCTION by a band called DEVOID. In 3 songs - "PSEUDO RELIGIOUS", "NEWBLOOD" and "SISTERHOOD" ( :!: :wink: ) there's Tim Bricheno playing guitar. A while ago I asked here does anybody know about that band more, no one answered. Maybe this time? :wink:

PS - that "Sisterhood" is a powerful and great song 8)
Debaser
Overbomber

lex3000 wrote:He's currently in Jok with the singer from XC-NN/Tin Star. I saw them in London in December and they were quite good, more guitar-y rock'n'roll. Their web presence is at <http://www.unnaturalrecords.co.uk/> and there's also a four-track CD.

RobF and I got to chat with him at the Suicide gig at the Electric Ballroom in January. He's a nice bloke and very friendly, although I feel a bit sorry for him because we just asked him about being in the Sisters and about his brother Toby's bands (Sunshot and Brahmin Inc) and not really anything about his stuff! He did say he wasn't sure when Jok would be playing next though.

Alexander
It just gets more and more exciting. Jok huh.....will check them out for sure. GAZ!!!!!
Dark
Underneath the Rock

pikkrong wrote:I've got a CD "SONGS OF MASS DESTRUCTION by a band called DEVOID. In 3 songs - "PSEUDO RELIGIOUS", "NEWBLOOD" and "SISTERHOOD" ( :!: :wink: ) there's Tim Bricheno playing guitar. A while ago I asked here does anybody know about that band more, no one answered. Maybe this time? :wink:

PS - that "Sisterhood" is a powerful and great song 8)
:eek:

Somebody get that song and get onto SoulSeek!
jacks
Road Kill

Debaser wrote:BUT, I need some help.

Tell me more about Tim Bricheno ... I've recently discovered he played in All About Eve, Sisters and one of my fav bands CNN/X-CNN

Or, have I just mentioned everything there is to know about him?
I don't know much about him, but i do have some photos when he played with A.A.E but would you trust my skills with the scanner? :oops:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Andy TG wrote:I saw SunShot supporting Von in the NEC in June 92 and they were great.

Is there a cd of the Sisters gig able to be "weeded" - If NOT I have a complete tape recording of the gig if someone is able to convert!

Any ideas?
Check yo' PMs sir ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Petseri
Overbomber

lex3000 wrote:He's currently in Jok with the singer from XC-NN/Tin Star. I saw them in London in December and they were quite good, more guitar-y rock'n'roll. Their web presence is at <http://www.unnaturalrecords.co.uk/> and there's also a four-track CD.
Was/Is Jok simply Tinstar renamed for some reason? Was there any personnel change at the time? The old Tinstar site (www.tinstar.co.uk) used to promote Jok before it went down.

On a similar note, does anyone have any live Tinstar from their US tour in 1999.

Can
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

Petseri wrote:Was/Is Jok simply Tinstar renamed for some reason? Was there any personnel change at the time?
I don't know about either of those. I think it's only Tim and singer (whose name I can't remember). Their CD is quite good, although it is quite different to Tin Star.

Alexander
London - London
allfear

Singer is called Dave Tomlinson
Debaser
Overbomber

Who is the spitting image of Gaz....

Funny story - went to see CNN at Rock City way back when. Myself a couple of mates and Gaz were wandering about by the bar before the gig and a lad went up to Gaz and told him he was the singer. Despite many protestations (for over 20 mins) by Gaz, the guy wouldn't have it.

We were of no use, as we were at this point, a puddle on the floor :lol: :lol: :lol:
James Blast
Banned

should you be posting in your condition Ness? :innocent:
c'mon, someone had to say... OK, gimme hell! :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Debaser
Overbomber

I AM NOT PREGNANT!!!!! Total misunderstanding, it's Mik's woman that's up the duff, I just happened to know the secret.

I couldn't be pregnant.......it's been so long, it's scabbed over

:lol:
biggy

Ness - tell Gaz to go on soulseek tomorrow & I'll sort you.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Debaser wrote:I couldn't be pregnant.......it's been so long, it's scabbed over

:lol:
:eek:

If I didn't have a heart (full of soul?), that'd be posted to bash.org. Proof that the net is full of idiots, but only IRC can contain them. ;)