The Pope died to 21.37 pm

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

boudicca wrote: Some Black Metal fan you are! :lol: ;D
Like I said I'm not that bothered! :lol: :notworthy:
Francis
Overbomber

Hopefully he won't just be remembered as a stubborn old man who wouldn't budge on contraception. His appointment was seen as a very bold move by the Catholic Church at the time. A relatively young man, not an Italian, but more significantly, from a country in the throes of a bitter struggle for democracy and freedom from the long arm of the Soviet Union. It was a clear statement of support for the people of Poland and for the role the Catholic Church should play in the fight for social justice. For a while he almost made it cool to be Catholic. God bless him.
aims
Overbomber

Francis wrote:Hopefully he won't just be remembered as a stubborn old man who wouldn't budge on contraception.
No, that would be selling him short. We'll remember him for his stubbornness over female clergy and homosexuals as well. Although the media seems to have forgotten these things right now for some reason :innocent:
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Motz wrote:
Francis wrote:Hopefully he won't just be remembered as a stubborn old man who wouldn't budge on contraception.
No, that would be selling him short. We'll remember him for his stubbornness over female clergy and homosexuals as well. Although the media seems to have forgotten these things right now for some reason :innocent:

Indeed.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:bet you didn't have that written on your school report at age 8, though...
No.
But one of my primary school teachers once informed my mother that though I'd never be brilliant I would do okay!

I'm sure she meant it as a kindness! :twisted:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
taylor
Slight Overbomber

>No, that would be selling him short. We'll remember him for his >stubbornness over female clergy and homosexuals as well. Although the >media seems to have forgotten these things right now for some reason

well in my land, right, the homosexuality is banned and emarginated (thanks to God for this). In the Isle is well tollerated and got also well know idols. Regards the contracteption I disagree with Vatican rules, especially
for prevert the Ill conseguence and other factors. Also pretty hate the other monotheist religions (pretty Christian integralist ? :eek: )
aims
Overbomber

taylor wrote:well in my land, right, the homosexuality is banned and emarginated (thanks to God for this).
I thought laws were there to protect the populace, not to alienate a small (but larger than you'd think) minority by preventing them from doing something which it is really none of the government's business to interfere with. My bad :roll:
taylor
Slight Overbomber

no I want explain a bit clear : as in every freedom place in europe and worldwide you are free to choose your sexual,politic,ect identity and live well until you will broke the law rules. Is the society that determinate what is wrong and what is bad under control of church,state ect
while in other place the homosexuality is tollered, acepted or pride for someone. Here is banned from society that trust in old valor like family,faith, weeding ect. and I agree with this
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i'm so glad i don't live where you live. have your views on homosexuality been formed by your society, do you think?
people are how they are.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
aims
Overbomber

taylor wrote:no I want explain a bit clear : as in every freedom place in europe and worldwide you are free to choose your sexual,politic,ect identity and live well until you will broke the law rules. Is the society that determinate what is wrong and what is bad under control of church,state ect
while in other place the homosexuality is tollered, acepted or pride for someone. Here is banned from society that trust in old valor like family,faith, weeding ect. and I agree with this
If everyone agreed that it was wrong then there would be no point in making it illegal because no-one would do it anyway. Just a thought :innocent: If you don't like it, don't do it, but enforcing it on those who were born feeling otherwise is a completely different matter.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to write to my MP asking him to ban black people :|
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

where do you live taylor?
taylor
Slight Overbomber

Heaven
from here can see everythings
Dark
Underneath the Rock

taylor wrote:Here is banned from society that trust in old valor like family,faith, weeding ect. and I agree with this
Always knew weeding was an old traditional pastime. :innocent:

Even if I've never indulged in a bit of the stuff meself. I can never afford CD-Rs.. probably cause I'm spending all my money on bootleg band t-shirts and vinyl. :lol:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i wondered how long it would be..
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Motz wrote:
Yes, and heaven forbid that the Church should actually retain a consistent moral line on any issue.

After all, you wouldn't look there for any kind of absolute answers, would you?

You're not forced to agree with him, but to try to at least realise that he is acting in accordance with what he believes and give him some respect for that.

And no, I'm not a catholic. But most of you must have worked that one out by now.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

do you think a pope who tried to change things would last all that long anyway? some one would see to it.
canon docre
Overbomber

andymackem wrote: You're not forced to agree with him, but to try to at least realise that he is acting in accordance with what he believes and give him some respect for that.
And why is someone who believes, someone to look up to?
James Blast
Banned

I have my faith

I don't usually broadcast it, it's already in me
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
aims
Overbomber

andymackem wrote:Yes, and heaven forbid that the Church should actually retain a consistent moral line on any issue.
The Mormon church was forced to renounce their line on Blacks, why should the Catholic church be allowed to continue with their second class religious treatment of women and homosexuals? A moral belief is all well and good, but when that belief has an adverse effect on many people's lives, then it needs to be openly and objectively questioned by those who hold it.
Thea
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:I have my faith

I don't usually broadcast it, it's already in me
:notworthy:

While I have no shame in what i believe in, I don't like to talk about it, beause it triggers some sort of git gene in people that makes them ask me really annoying questions and think they're the only person who ever wondered that.
James Blast
Banned

I understand d00my

I am watching on VHS: The Jonestown Massacre, grim viewing
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

For Chrissake...

Let's kill all the Jews
Lets kill all the Arabs
Let's kill all the Fenians
Let's kill all the Protties

Top man has gone.
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

andymackem wrote:You're not forced to agree with him, but to try to at least realise that he is acting in accordance with what he believes and give him some respect for that.
are we talking about the Pope or Adolf Hitler, I've lost track

I'll respect people based on what their beliefs are, not on whether they follow them unquestioningly.

Any idiot can be consistent. Rocks are consistent. Even my father is consistent. Intelligence and ethical considerations are something completely different, and frequently require that you adapt or update your beliefs.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

@ Laz - Step back and have a Shimmy and a Shake. 8)
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Loki wrote:@ Laz - Step back and have a Shimmy and a Shake. 8)
sorry, am I taking this too seriously? very very drunk, you see. I'll put some music on and do the hippy hippy shake. :lol: