Instead of my usual eBay reporting, time for the SILLY ONES!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Petseri
Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:things only sell on ebay if you have a photo of them
Do you think that the photo of the Lincoln chaps will help or hurt the sale?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

If they're anything like most of the single people in Lincoln, it'll hurt their chances severely.
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Here's another 'hilarious' (and true) eBay story....

I sold something for $660 US dollars on eBay. The buyer lives in Calgary, Canada. I live in Sydney, Australia. He paid by credit card and then did a credit card reversal once he received the item. Now he has the money and the goods.

Here's the truly bizarre thing....

I contacted a local lawyer about what I should do. I tried contacting her for a week or more. Our answering machines were playing tag. She left messages for me, I left messages for her, etc.

When we finally got in contact with each other, I told her the details of the deal. Half way through the conversation she said, "I've had a similar case with another client over that buyer".

I said, "Are you sure? It may've been one of my own previous phone calls about him."

But, no, it was indeed a separate case.

What are the statistical odds of two buyers in Sydney being ripped off by the same buyer in Calgary and taking the matter through the same lawyer?

At least I have a better chance of getting my $660 now that my lawyer has had a previous case against that buyer.
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Have had problems with non-paying buyers. Am tempted to find out there address and auction their homes on Ebay.

And this is just ridiculous...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MESE:IT
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

The bottom line here, clearly, is that eBay is the domain of brazen opportunists.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Got more in my lock up....
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.