Dark has many singles. Which is the best?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.

Favourite single?

The Sisters Of Mercy - This Corrosion b/w Torch + Colours
46%
Ghost Dance - Heart Full Of Soul b/w Can The Can + Radar Love
7%
Fields Of The Nephilim - Moonchild b/w Shiva
18%
Siouxsie And The Banshees - Hong Kong Garden b/w Voices
7%
Japan - Ghosts b/w The Art Of Parties (version)
11%
Golden Earring - Radar Love b/w Just Like Vince Taylor
11%
New Order - Krafty (4 mixes)
No votes

Total votes: 28
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Well, inspired by Herr Mark von Fiend, here is another, slightly more relevant, poll.

Nah, I'm joking, it's totally pointless.

Thus it fits in perfectly.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

With it being a Sisters board I thought it would be rude not to... :P
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
ruffers
Overbomber

I had to go for This Corrosion, but not happy about it. Not even the Sisters' best single, and you other nominations aren't the best for the respective bands either. I mean, Moonchild?
Chucking another log on
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

no Joy Division then? :twisted:
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Meh, next time I -won't- put This Corrosion, or ANY Sisters song, -then- what'll ye do? :twisted:

I know they aren't the best, but they're only singles that I actually own.

And no, no Joy Division yet. :(

But I did get a free copy of Japan - "I Second That Emotion" b/w "Halloween" earlier. :)
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

keep going like this and your favourite single will be yourself
Goths have feelings too
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Hardy har, PiB.

I should have added me own band's EP to it. But we've only got 1.5 song out of 5 done.

I voted for Golden Earring, which surprised me a little, but I have been listening to it all day...
Thea
Overbomber

Dark wrote:I know they aren't the best, but they're only singles that I actually own.
You need 80% off day at Record collector in Sheffield. Last time i was at one i went with the intention of spending around £60 on records. I spent about £20 and managed to buy more vinyl than i could comfortably carry :eek:
Snake
Road Kill

I think there's only one answer for me as I only like ONE band and aint even HEARD of the rest of those
aims
Overbomber

Snake wrote:I think there's only one answer for me as I only like ONE band and aint even HEARD of the rest of those
For future reference, the second one was formed by a certain nice man who used to be in the one that you've heard of ;D
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Motz wrote:
Snake wrote:I think there's only one answer for me as I only like ONE band and aint even HEARD of the rest of those
For future reference, the second one was formed by a certain nice man who used to be in the one that you've heard of ;D
Oh, yeah - I voted for that band...
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
christophe
Overbomber

I can't chooce :(

butt
'This Corrosion' becaus of Torch + Colours :D
Another Shade of You.
Andie
Overbomber

Siouxsie & The Banshees :notworthy:

admitedly your selection does suffer from depth and experience...but i'm guessing you'll learn quickly :wink:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

christophe wrote:I can't chooce :(

butt
'This Corrosion' becaus of Torch + Colours :D
Agreed.
анархия
Dark
Underneath the Rock

@ Everyone who's voted for Corrosion - I loathed to add "Colours" because it's so bad, but I did because I have the 12", not the 7", and some people may prefer one mix to the other.

@ Burn - I actually wanted to put Christine b/w Eve White Eve Black for the Siouxsie one, but I figured more would have heard of Hong Kong Garden.

@ Vicus - If that was sarcasm, prepare to fight for your opinion, because I am a Ghostie fan. ;)

@ d00my - WHAT!? I'm off to Sheffield ASAP. ;)
Andie
Overbomber

Dark wrote:@ Burn - I actually wanted to put Christine b/w Eve White Eve Black for the Siouxsie one, but I figured more would have heard of Hong Kong Garden.
:innocent: :innocent:

while Christine and Eve White Eve Black are collectively a memorable single experience...there are still more outstanding Siouxsie singles that should be mentioned...and i'm betting that everyone here has heard of them... :wink:

we are experienced...it comes with age :urff: :wink: :innocent: :eek:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Thea
Overbomber

Dark wrote:@ Everyone who's voted for Corrosion - I loathed to add "Colours" because it's so bad, but I did because I have the 12", not the 7", and some people may prefer one mix to the other.

@ Burn - I actually wanted to put Christine b/w Eve White Eve Black for the Siouxsie one, but I figured more would have heard of Hong Kong Garden.

@ Vicus - If that was sarcasm, prepare to fight for your opinion, because I am a Ghostie fan. ;)

@ d00my - WHAT!? I'm off to Sheffield ASAP. ;)
See also Tune In, in Buxton. Point to any disc on the back wall upstairs (the ones above the "punk/goth/new wave" section) and the owner of the place will love you for ever and ever. Don't ask...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Burn wrote:
Dark wrote:@ Burn - I actually wanted to put Christine b/w Eve White Eve Black for the Siouxsie one, but I figured more would have heard of Hong Kong Garden.

while Christine and Eve White Eve Black are collectively a memorable single experience...there are still more outstanding Siouxsie singles that should be mentioned...and i'm betting that everyone here has heard of them... :wink:

captain scarlet springs to mind :wink:
Goths have feelings too
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

paint it black wrote:
Burn wrote:

captain scarlet springs to mind :wink:
not a huge banshees fan, but the violent, screaming howl of "love in a void" would win for me every time ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

Dark wrote:I actually wanted to put Christine b/w Eve White Eve Black for the Siouxsie one
Behave Young Man!
everyone knows it has to be Dazzle!
and like us Olde Pharts haven't heard them, really...
sometimes you disappoint me Dark
:|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

and in case anyone missed this chap's fleeting visit, it was BH back again and using a photo of scardwell as his avatar.

he didnt actually post anything offensive this time. but then i got him after 3 posts...

i've banned him again anyway because he's a complete cock end and i dont want him on here.

hey ho.

he's banned. again.

does anyone have his address so i can send the boys round to give him a f**king good kicking?

some people don't know when to give up :roll:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

spotted him in here earlier tonight :roll:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

Please tell me you've gotten round to buying this -

The 1st ever piece of Sister's vinyl I listened to and got my hands on, and boy have I never regretted it since! :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Thea
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
and in case anyone missed this chap's fleeting visit, it was BH back again and using a photo of scardwell as his avatar.

he didnt actually post anything offensive this time. but then i got him after 3 posts...

i've banned him again anyway because he's a complete cock end and i dont want him on here.

hey ho.

he's banned. again.

does anyone have his address so i can send the boys round to give him a f**king good kicking?

some people don't know when to give up :roll:
Got a phone number if that's any use? :lol:
Dave R
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Ghosts....cos its the only one in that "list" that stands the test of time, does not sounded dated, and is a TRUE quality record....

so there.

* blows raspberry at the goffs... *
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?