HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MIK!!!!!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Delilah
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Have a great day! And many happy returns like they say in this country!!! :) :)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

happy birthday :D :notworthy: 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

likewise

x
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Debaser
Overbomber

Appi Burfdi Mik

Go on....do something outrageous, like try and be rude about Quiffy, on here :D :D :D

Love Ness
xxx
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
mik
Chameleons Guru

Debaser wrote:Appi Burfdi Mik

Go on....do something outrageous, like try and be rude about Quiffy, on here :D :D :D

Love Ness
xxx
Quiffy wears brown pants. Nylon ones. With yellow piping.

Can you imagine the static for :von: sake?

And he's a f'kin blade :evil:

Hey ho. Another year older.

Thanks by the way; I'm not a complete Eeyore really :lol:
Something pithy.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

OMG I've just clicked on your www thing mik, and I remember you from the Phono... :twisted:

PS Happy Birthday!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mik
Chameleons Guru

markfiend wrote:OMG I've just clicked on your www thing mik, and I remember you from the Phono... :twisted:

PS Happy Birthday!
Oh lordy... that usually means I've trodden on your toes, splilled your pint, thumped you or snogged your bird. Or any combination thereof.

One of these days I'll add a load of oldie pics to the site. People find it very difficult to reconcile the fine upstanding pillar of society wot I 'ave become with the mohicanned dervish that I was.

I recently had to admit to myself that my Phono days were almost certainly over, since I started going there in '83 at the age of 15 (the twins never had a particularly stringent age-checking policy :innocent: ) and I'd therefore been a regular since before most of the current inhabitants had been born....

And they'd stopped doing draft Vimto last time I went so obviously less tempting :D

Go on then; Mr MarkFiend - point me at a piccy of your good self; I'm a lot better at faces than names...
Something pithy.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

No spilt drinks, trodden toes or snogged birds as I remember. ;D I just recognise you as "that tall bloke who used to stand by the bar a lot". I used to go around 90-92ish.

I'm on here at the right.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
rian
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:No spilt drinks, trodden toes or snogged birds as I remember. ;D I just recognise you as "that tall bloke who used to stand by the bar a lot". I used to go around 90-92ish.

I'm on here at the right.
Is QB that tall? :eek:

Or are you guys sitting?

Anyway, have a great day Mik

Cheers
I think someone set my soul alight
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Si, Ed and I are all midgets ;)

No we were messing about for some obscure reason. My memory is fogged by alcohol. :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Happy Birthday Mik! :D

(Better late than never :wink: )
You can't fix stupid.
James Blast
Banned

you have a good taste in bands Mik arra best :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andy TG
Overbomber

Greetings And Salutations and a Very Happy Birthday :-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

mik wrote: I recently had to admit to myself that my Phono days were almost certainly over, since I started going there in '83 at the age of 15 (the twins never had a particularly stringent age-checking policy :innocent: ) ...
Were the toilets at the phono as bad then as they are now? Oh, and almost forgot - Happy (also belated) Birthday Mik :notworthy:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Andrew S wrote:Were the toilets at the phono as bad then as they are now?
Worse

At least, the toilets were far worse in the early 90s than they were the last time I went (probably no later than about 2001 :lol:)
—Bertrand Russell
Francis
Overbomber

mik wrote:the twins
:notworthy: :notworthy:

Do you remember Jim from the Faversham? Or did he have a stricter door policy? :lol:

Fridays at the Phono, Saturdays at the Warehouse. If you could be bothered to queue. :roll:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
mik
Chameleons Guru

Francis wrote:
mik wrote:the twins
:notworthy: :notworthy:

Do you remember Jim from the Faversham? Or did he have a stricter door policy? :lol:

Fridays at the Phono, Saturdays at the Warehouse. If you could be bothered to queue. :roll:
He runs a fruit and nut stall in Leeds Market. We get our Christmas Cake ingredients from him every year. That truly is strange....

In the 80's I was a Warehouse on Friday, Phono Mondays and Wednesdays - both Claire nights (sigh...) - and Saturdays.
Sundays would be Central Park for a shared case of Pils @ 50p a bottle.

90's I really ramped up my social schedule :twisted: but the venues changed a little as the Warehouse became house.

Interim faves were Rickys on Monday for the quid in, beer 10p a pint nights and the Chocolate Factory on Fridays but I was never really grungey enough; they played far too much Mudhoney and Lemonheads for my liking. Also I was forced to keep a low profile there for a while after throwing someone through the 'wall' from the dancefloor onto a couple of dozen hippies who were sitting on and around the dancefloor. It was worth it not to have to hear "Everything starts with an E" for a couple of months to be honest.

Stopped going to the Fav regularly after the major refit - the summer they added the conservatory was the last summer there as a regular, although I still get remembered by some of the old staff, mainly 'cos I bumped into most of them at Headingley watching Leeds (pre-Rhinos) and Roger in particular at Leeds United away games.

Big Tom had a stroke about 4 or 5 years back which is scary considering how old he wasn't, but he always was a big bloke. He runs a pub in Hunslet I think?

Memory Lane. I should f'kin live there for the amount of time I spend in the vicinity :D
Something pithy.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Seems I'm very late. Anyway - my best wishes! :)
Francis
Overbomber

mik wrote:He runs a fruit and nut stall in Leeds Market.
Yer 'avin' a larf aintcha? Reminds me of the time my mate asked him for a ginger beer. :lol: :roll:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.