Gustav Dore

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

OK.. I'm more than likely not the first and definitely a long time behind the first person to put this up...

but there's a rather groovey gallery of Dores work online at

http://www.scathach.de/

Ideal for bootleg t-shirts... etc etc etc
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Anyone recognize this from anywhere?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

indeedy.

a very cool artist 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

exactomundo....

Only reason I figured it was Dore's work was when I saw an article in the Guardian commenting on Dante's grasp of Physics being better than Da Vincis and there was a picture from the Divine Comedy included.....

Only taken me like 15 years to finally find out who the artist was mind you....
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
mik
Chameleons Guru

The Doré Illustrations for Dante's Divine Comedy is only £6 or so from Amazon...
Something pithy.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The body and soul one is this one if anyone's too lazy to click through ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dark
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:The body and soul one is this one if anyone's too lazy to click through ;)
I beat you to it, Mr Fiend, check my post more thoroughly. ;D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Dark wrote:
markfiend wrote:The body and soul one is this one if anyone's too lazy to click through ;)
I beat you to it, Mr Fiend, check my post more thoroughly. ;D
Blimey. There was just the first post up when I started typing. :| That's what happens when I open lots of topics on tabs all at once and read through them all before replying...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell