Dark has many singles. Which is the best?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.

Favourite single?

The Sisters Of Mercy - This Corrosion b/w Torch + Colours
46%
Ghost Dance - Heart Full Of Soul b/w Can The Can + Radar Love
7%
Fields Of The Nephilim - Moonchild b/w Shiva
18%
Siouxsie And The Banshees - Hong Kong Garden b/w Voices
7%
Japan - Ghosts b/w The Art Of Parties (version)
11%
Golden Earring - Radar Love b/w Just Like Vince Taylor
11%
New Order - Krafty (4 mixes)
No votes

Total votes: 28
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Big Si wrote:Please tell me you've gotten round to buying this -

The 1st ever piece of Sister's vinyl I listened to and got my hands on, and boy have I never regretted it since! :D
Floorshow EP? Nah, I'm too poor still. I just ordered the new New Order album on vinyl, so I'll need to wait a while before I order Floorshow. Weren't they numbered?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Dave R wrote:Ghosts....cos its the only one in that "list" that stands the test of time, does not sounded dated, and is a TRUE quality record....

so there.

* blows raspberry at the goffs... *
Ghosts is brilliant. Next one on my record player.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Dark, this may be a stupid question, but why order the latest New Order on vinyl?

I mean, I know people get all nostalgic about it but basically it's bulky, expensive and liable to deteriorate if you risk doing something totally left-field like listening to it.

I can forgive the old farts :whistle: but surely you're young enough to be aware that CDs are just a much more efficient way of storing recorded music?

/ducks and covers, protects and survives/
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Big Si
School Bully

Dark wrote:
Big Si wrote:Please tell me you've gotten round to buying this -

The 1st ever piece of Sister's vinyl I listened to and got my hands on, and boy have I never regretted it since! :D
Floorshow EP? Nah, I'm too poor still. I just ordered the new New Order album on vinyl, so I'll need to wait a while before I order Floorshow. Weren't they numbered?
Well worth the investment, best Sisters single never released in my opinion! :notworthy:

There's a few bootleg of bootleg copies around going cheap, and well worth the investment. I've got one with a red sleeve, (very rare according to Taylor) No number though. And my black one is No. 0738 :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Dark
Underneath the Rock

andymackem wrote:Dark, this may be a stupid question, but why order the latest New Order on vinyl?

I mean, I know people get all nostalgic about it but basically it's bulky, expensive and liable to deteriorate if you risk doing something totally left-field like listening to it.

I can forgive the old farts :whistle: but surely you're young enough to be aware that CDs are just a much more efficient way of storing recorded music?

/ducks and covers, protects and survives/
*gets out mp5* Dietraitordie!!!

Put simply, they delete the vinyls within a month or so, and the CDs will be made for decades. It's just the satisfaction of owning something that not a huge amount of people also own.

I mean, by your logic, owing a CD-R with The Damage Done, Watch and Home Of The Hitmen on it is better than owning the original.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Dark wrote:I mean, by your logic, owing a CD-R with The Damage Done, Watch and Home Of The Hitmen on it is better than owning the original.
I'd say it is :| £300 for three songs that are frankly virtually unlistenable? No ta.

They're on SGWBM anyway so I have got an "official release" version of the songs.

Well three actually because I have SGWBM on cassette, vinyl and CD. Rather defeating my own argument here, :roll: but there are valid reasons. :lol: I bought it on tape first when I only had a tape player, (shortly after my proper stereo was nicked in a burglary), then upgraded to vinyl when I got a turntable again, then finally to CD when I entered the digital audio era.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
hallucienate
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Well three actually because I have SGWBM on cassette, vinyl and CD. Rather defeating my own argument here, :roll: but there are valid reasons. :lol: I bought it on tape first when I only had a tape player, (shortly after my proper stereo was nicked in a burglary), then upgraded to vinyl when I got a turntable again, then finally to CD when I entered the digital audio era.
And yet you refuse to dish out for ASCOOB? :roll: :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:eek: Mister memory man there!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
hallucienate
Overbomber

markfiend wrote::eek: Mister memory man there!
indeed, just ask Loki/JB/Johnny Boy/Johhny Boy
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol:
—Bertrand Russell
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Dark wrote:
Put simply, they delete the vinyls within a month or so, and the CDs will be made for decades. It's just the satisfaction of owning something that not a huge amount of people also own.

I mean, by your logic, owing a CD-R with The Damage Done, Watch and Home Of The Hitmen on it is better than owning the original.
Yes, you're right. I'm interested in hearing the music, in the noise that it makes. Plus playing vinyl in the car or on the train is a bit of a no-no, and most of my listening time is while I'm travelling.

If I want a collection I'll go buy some stamps.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G