Bands You'd Like To See Against The Wall Rev 2.0

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Well, McFly DO deserve to perish. And then G4, and then every band that's ever been on the Kiss Channel.
Andie
Overbomber

well...

i actually like most of the "new indie" bands that are currently on everyone elses hit list...

i can agree with Metallica, nu-metal, McFly, and all the rest of the manufactured chart crap we have to listen to...i can agree with R'n'B and Rap'n'Dance culture...

the 15 minutes of fame...i could live without it thankyou very much! :innocent:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

zaltys7 wrote:I remember this from last time and it's STILL the god awful stereophonics for me.
l
Heh, heh :lol:
the evil manager from Black Books' evil corporate competitor wrote: "People look and say,he's a trendy young man: he rides a scooter, he listens to the Stereophonics"
Or words to that effect
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
Mrs. Snowey

I can live without Metallica too. Best thing about them is their resemblance to Hale and Pace.
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

REM. my word, they're awful.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

solo artists there's two.

David Grey and Craig David.

Group.

Status Quo
smiscandlon
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:REM. my word, they're awful.
I agree totally. So many people rave about them, but to me they are one of the blandest, whiniest bands on the planet.
анархия
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

and right up their own arses... ggrrr misplaced adulation, from all quarters
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:REM. my word, they're awful.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thank God there are others who have noticed.

I'm no longer offended by anything much in the charts: it might well be drivel but I'm pretty certain I'm no longer the target audience so I don't care. This probably means I'm now officially my dad but since nobody (whose opinions I respect or bother to investigate) makes any great claims for them I can ignore the whole R'n'B phenomenon, or watch Beyonce with the sound turned down :oops:

The one exception I would make at the moment is the dire affair based on Bach's F Minor Prelude from Book Two of Well-tempered Clavier. That is evil. Can't remember who, or what it's called, but it is utterly vile. :urff:

Otherwise U2 might be the single most offensive act on the planet. I don't like being lectured on my responsibility to tackle global poverty by a man far, far wealthier than me. Pretentious, arrogant cock. And they haven't recorded a decent album since 1987. Which sounds oddly familiar :von:

Too many insipid indie bands, who have taken a deserved kicking already.

Busted and McFly do offend, for pretending not to be the formulaic flat-pack Pop Idol-fodder they so blantantly are.

And everyone involved with Queen Mania on ITV last night. Compelling car-crash TV, but still shocking. Toyah doing Don't Stop Me Now produced tears of laughter.

On a slightly related note, is anyone else glad that Joy Division didn't turn into a 30-year-old sacred cow? Not perhaps under those circumstances, but because Joy Division 2005 would have been quite an awful thing to listen to? Ditto The Smiths (see Morrissey, solo output, self-indulgence).
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

ditto and everything.
hip hop and r'n'b are my bugbear. good thing about doing the fanzine is that i can review the bands i WANT to see, sometimes for free.

I've only ever run away from two bands at festivals, both at glastonbury.. REM, and the Corrs.
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Well, it is all a matter of personal taste really, and I acknowledge
the spirit of the question Mr Blast....

The other problem is that we are dealing with an industry now by and large rather than anything to do with pure "artistry", I'm not saying it was better in the "good old days" - it was always corrupt , but how anyone can get a single/album out without a major loan to a record company these days defies me which I guess presumes we get the lowest common denominator.

We reap what we sow I guess.. Maybe the dowloading market will prove interesting once established.

There is a lot of stuff I still come back to, including Sisters material time and time again that I would presume is probably deemed very uncool here such as Lou Reed, Dylan, Neil Young.

It could be made via a dozen Marshall stacks or just on an acoustic...it still works...

If it comes from the heart it is good, and patently so much of what is floating around at the moment is not...

I think we also have to watch out that what we like is also defined by the time and circumstances it was heard in - I still love the early Maiden stuff for example, because I saw it live at the Glasgow Apollo - this does not mean it was actually good music, purely it has an emotional reverberation for me.

There is nothing so stable as change.

*end rant*

Oh, and the one I never "got" was the Chilli Peppers.....supposed to be great..never worked for me...

I'll get me coat....
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Zuma wrote: but how anyone can get a single/album out without a major loan to a record company these days defies me to be great..never worked for me...
i give you the Darkness. :notworthy:

nothing wrong with Lou Reed, Neil Young, or Dylan, my dear. :von:
James Blast
Banned

Blimey, how did I forget those Chilli Pepper Bastards! :evil:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dave R

ahhhh...here we go again......bands to see up against the wall.....

I may well ahve mentioned some of these before but it is really simple when it comes down to it......

Any band from Ireand, France, Canada, Japan, all but two German Acts....99.9999% of American Music and just about everything from Birmingham, god that "city" was full of s**t...UB40, Duran Duran etc etc...

My personal hate list extends to Travis (Hue and Cry for the year 2000), and "new indie" as they are all lame half arsed cack rock, Dinosaur s**t such as Phil Bastard Collins, Queen etc etc yadda yadda....

Lets face it, we are in a sad state when we sit around waiting 3 years for the current bands we do like to put a bloody record out, adn as for some bands we like, feck it...they can't even be arsed....!!!

Sometimes, you have to say its time walk away from music - period. just leave it the Ver Kids. afterall it is plain that most people do not understand what current music is all about - be it retro, nu, emo (wtf!!) so why do we bother??

It bothers me cos every time i hear some s**t act getting radio play (killers/strokes/whatever) i think "how the feck did they get a contract? why the hell did so-and-so (insert "lost" band of choice here) never get airplay....

Damn, I despair.......

Personally i've done 2 gigs this year, sad really, seeing as both of the bands formed back in the 80's, yet still manage to create more energy/angst/feckin charisma than any of the s**t i see on VH1, Kerrang, MTV.....

Thank Feck for old men with Samplers is all I can say.....PWEI, NIN, they keep me going! and they keep me thinking there is hope...but you have to wonder sometimes....

Sorry for ranting, this is the ONE topic that gets me everytime, given the choice, i'd blow the whole musci industry and the sheep that follwo it to high hell....now there's a thought.....bomb everything....hmmm....
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
James Blast
Banned

it's an age thaang Dave, sorry man :cry:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dave R

thought so.....They Shot Horses Don't They?.....heres a gun mate, do me a favour....just ley me smoke this ciggy first then pop a cap in me ead!!!

I'd rather that then here Jo feckin Whiley angin on about soem no-hopers from cleethorphes/seattle/etc etc....

I HATE being old........ :eek:
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
James Blast
Banned

Revr'ndImage
~ Peter Steele
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

have we "missed" Coldplay so far....? :twisted:
Dave R

yes we have, next time though, i'm gonna mount the kerb and there will be no missing the bastards then.......
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

I'll buy the car for you Dave :twisted:
Andy TG
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Blimey, how did I forget those Chilli Pepper Bastards! :evil:
@ James Blast - Oi! - I really like RHCP - OK the "early" stuff was pants but the last few albums were and are great.

"Californication" is a great album!
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
James Blast
Banned

Andy TG wrote:
@ James Blast - Oi! - I really like RHCP - OK the "early" stuff was pants but the last few albums were and are great.

Andrew, I have your address, I will find you and stab you :evil:
~ Peter Steele
Andy TG
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
Andy TG wrote:

Do I have choice of "penerative" weapon?
This Is M & S S & M
Andy TG
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
Andy TG wrote:

@ RS - Find ME - You KNOW where I am!
This Is M & S S & M
Andy TG
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
Andy TG wrote:

BTW have you heard "Californication"? - I feel you would like it, My Celtic Soul Brother!
This Is M & S S & M