Sisters Live at this years Meraluna festival

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Here's me thinking tour shirts would be overdressing!

I think I'll buy AE a rifle and a few boxes of ammunition for inbetween songs...
canon docre
Overbomber

timsinister wrote:Here's me thinking tour shirts would be overdressing!

I think I'll buy AE a rifle and a few boxes of ammunition for inbetween songs...
:lol: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :lol:
I beg you to do so.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Black Shuck wrote: do any normal -looking people actually attend? or is it always just people like this
I'll be sorely disappointed if it's not just people looking like that. Just remember to laugh ironically and you should be okay. And for christ's sake don't take any LSD.
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

Actually, this is my favourite MeraLuna pic
the woman's hair defies all known laws of gravity, and logic.
and taste. :lol:
Gazza for England manager
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

IIRC there were several people wearing chainmail when I went to Mera Luna in '02. They probably went rusty...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
_emma_
Overbomber

timsinister wrote:I think I'll buy AE a rifle and a few boxes of ammunition for inbetween songs...
Well last time at M'Era Luna he actually smiled a lot, made various friendly gestures at the crowd and said something like "Ihr seid hübsch" (not sure about spelling, my German isn't what it used to be) in between songs. :?
Then again, he was very very drunk. :lol:
And some of those vampire girls do look cute don't they. And boys. :oops: Well some of them.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

_emma_ wrote:And some of those vampire girls do look cute don't they. And boys. Well some of them.
*puts safe distance 'twixt self and _emma_*

That bloke next to tall hair lady is clearly unimpressed with the scalp-related disaster. He's clearly mid-rant! "...told you NOT to use bloody four tins of Aquanet, didn't I?"

Should be interesting. :lol:
RobF

_emma_ wrote:
timsinister wrote:I think I'll buy AE a rifle and a few boxes of ammunition for inbetween songs...
Well last time at M'Era Luna he actually smiled a lot, made various friendly gestures at the crowd and said something like "Ihr seid hübsch" (not sure about spelling, my German isn't what it used to be) in between songs. :?
Then again, he was very very drunk. :lol:
Yes, I can never quite work out his good humour at Mera Luna. Perhaps each time he arrives for soundcheck, he looks at the crowds perusing the awful goff clothes stalls, gets really depressed and drinks so much that by showtime he thinks summat along the lines of "...ah bless-em, them silly vampire people" :?
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
Deviancy
Amphetamine Filth

Zeraphine isn't bad and the Birthday Massacre totally rock in a flashy kinda way. So three bands worth checking out.. the rest of the bands aren't much better then the stuff I scrape from the bottom of my boots..
pikkrong
Overbomber

Delilah wrote:
pikkrong wrote: Yes, long train from Berlin to Hildesheim - that I used 3 years ago and that I'm going to use again. I love German railway :)
it is very "sterile" isn't it? :wink:
fast, very fast, so fast you can't see is it sterile or not :von:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

I hate to get all negative again, but I've noticed that on the ML bandinfo page The Sisters blurb features the word Booking. No other bands seemed to have this, and I think you can assume it means 'as opposed to Booked. Hmm. :roll:
canon docre
Overbomber

FFS Dave wrote:I hate to get all negative again, but I've noticed that on the ML bandinfo page The Sisters blurb features the word Booking. No other bands seemed to have this, and I think you can assume it means 'as opposed to Booked. Hmm. :roll:
I wouldnt weigh every word so carefully. After all, we deal here with Germans, so vocabulary confusion preprogrammed... :lol:
If TSOM woulnt be confirmed seriously, they certainly would have made a huge hullabaloo about them being announced there. :wink:
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Well said Docre. I'd encourage caution.
vicus

FFS Dave wrote:I hate to get all negative again, but I've noticed that on the ML bandinfo page The Sisters blurb features the word Booking. No other bands seemed to have this, and I think you can assume it means 'as opposed to Booked. Hmm. :roll:
those guys at fkpscorpio (german promoter of the sisters) are lazy bastards ;-)
it's just a copy&paste-thing:
http://www.fkpscorpio.com/kuenstler.asp?nummer=34071

if you look through their "artist roster" (for example here), you can read a name below the word "booking" so the owner of your local club knows, who the guy at scorpio is that he has to contact to get this band.
as it seems, there is no one at the moment you could contact to get the sisters. All complaints, suggestions, fatuous requests and enquiries to devnull, because we're not interested.

sorry for bad grammar, but i'm a german ;-)
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Cheers Vicus, that sets my mind at ease somewhat. :D
vicus

according to meraluna.de, AUTUMN, FLESHFIELD, THE NEON JUDGEMENT and THE 69 EYES are playing hildesheim too.

current line-up:
AMDUSCIA | ATROCITY | AUTUMN | CEPHALGY | COMBICHRIST | DEINE LAKAIEN | DIARY OF DREAMS | FAUN | FLESHFIELD | HOCICO | IN MITRA MEDUSA INRI | KIEW | LACUNA COIL | LEAVES EYES | LIMBOGOTT | MELOTRON | NFD | OSIRIS TAURUS | POTENTIA ANIMI | QNTAL | SCHANDMAUL | SKINNY PUPPY | STAUBKIND | SUBWAY TO SALLY | THE 69 EYES | THE BIRTHDAY MASSACRE | THE CRÃœXSHADOWS | THE KLINIK | THE NEON JUDGEMENT | THE SISTERS OF MERCY | THE VISION BLEAK | TRISOMIE 21 | VNV NATION | ZERAPHINE |
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Any of that lot (of whom I've heard precious little 'read as 'zilch'') any good then? How many of them play full-on techno? Combichrist I have heard, or at least one track. Very good, enjoy the abuse indeed. We intend to. :D :eek: 8) :twisted: :notworthy: :innocent:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

vicus wrote:according to meraluna.de, AUTUMN, FLESHFIELD, THE NEON JUDGEMENT and THE 69 EYES are playing hildesheim too.

current line-up:
AMDUSCIA | ATROCITY | AUTUMN | CEPHALGY | COMBICHRIST | DEINE LAKAIEN | DIARY OF DREAMS | FAUN | FLESHFIELD | HOCICO | IN MITRA MEDUSA INRI | KIEW | LACUNA COIL | LEAVES EYES | LIMBOGOTT | MELOTRON | NFD | OSIRIS TAURUS | POTENTIA ANIMI | QNTAL | SCHANDMAUL | SKINNY PUPPY | STAUBKIND | SUBWAY TO SALLY | THE 69 EYES | THE BIRTHDAY MASSACRE | THE CRÃœXSHADOWS | THE KLINIK | THE NEON JUDGEMENT | THE SISTERS OF MERCY | THE VISION BLEAK | TRISOMIE 21 | VNV NATION | ZERAPHINE |
Not heard of any of that lot bar the Sisters.. hang on.. Skinny Puppy :eek:
canon docre
Overbomber

sounds like an enumeration of visceral diseases to me.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

FFS Dave wrote:Very good, enjoy the abuse indeed. We intend to. :D :eek: 8) :twisted: :notworthy: :innocent:
Making full use of the smileys on offer there, I see... :innocent:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

boudicca wrote:
FFS Dave wrote:Very good, enjoy the abuse indeed. We intend to. :D :eek: 8) :twisted: :notworthy: :innocent:
Making full use of the smileys on offer there, I see... :innocent:
:notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol:

Always. There should be more of these labour-saving devices. 8)
pikkrong
Overbomber

I still haven't ordered the ticket because people from Scorpioconcert haven't answered will I get a press pass or not :urff:
canon docre
Overbomber

He will probably like the line-up: :lol:

timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Hard to port, Lieutenant Starbuck! Man the harpoon guns!
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Has anybody of you found a cheapish hotel to stay? Or is anybody of you prepared to keep some vacant space for 4 desperate people coming from the Czech Republic on Saturday (13th)?

I see a crowded campingsite and huge difficulties coming my way, and I think I'll need either help or a miracle or both.... :?
You can't fix stupid.