May 1st (Leeds): Killing Miranda + Banshee Aircrew + AD

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Phono Paul
Grimly Sheepish

Killing Miranda + Screaming Banshee Aircrew + Action Directe
Black Sheep's 5th Birthday Party!
Sunday 1st May 2005
Bassment, Wade Lane, Leeds

You know who Killing Miranda are. They've got more floorfillers than any other contemporary goth band: Discotheque Necronomicon, Teenage Vampire, Touched by Jesus, I Know What You Want... the list goes on and on. You know them, you love them, and you've probably danced to them down the Phono quite a bit too*. It's the fifth anniversary of Black Sheep and we've got Killing Miranda playing. It really is as good as that.

Screaming Banshee Aircrew were the first band to ever play at Black Sheep, which makes them the perfect choice for our birthday celebrations. They've also returned twice, and in the year since they last played down the club they've been signed by Ressurection, released their second album, and played London more times than the Southerners really deserve. Oh yeah, and they're still "a writhing riot of hair, makeup, leather, PVC and punk-goth cabaret!"

The Industrial Punk sounds of Action Directe complete our Birthday bill.

Doors 7pm - 2am. Late Bar. Tickets £4.50 - buy now!

(I've never spammed Heartland with gig information before - and it'll probably be a long time before I do it again! - but Black Sheep is hosting a couple of gigs in May that I hope the forum regulars may find interesting. In this case, Killing Miranda have been discussed several times on Heartland, but I suspect many of you have never seen the band in the flesh... this is the perfect opportunity!)

* - this bit might not actually apply here!