Killing Miranda @ the bassment

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7297

I see you've increased the size of the stage, Paul

Nice effort!

If I can find someone to look after Little Ed, we should make it.
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i've stickyficationified the thread 8)

bank holiday sunday eh? i might pop along and wave hello to rikky :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Phono Paul
Grimly Sheepish

Ed R: Yes, it does rather add a touch of grandeur to the club. Unfortunately it does mean that the audience now has to stand in Edwards.

QB: muchas gracias
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Phono Paul wrote:Ed R: Yes, it does rather add a touch of grandeur to the club. Unfortunately it does mean that the audience now has to stand in Edwards.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy:

can i have 2 tickets for row ZZ please? :wink:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

@ paul: incidentally, when are NFD playing?
Phono Paul
Grimly Sheepish

Quiff Boy wrote:can i have 2 tickets for row ZZ please? :wink:
I figure that row ZZ would either be by the Macdonalds in Leeds station or, more likely, inside LGI's psychiatric unit... so I'll say no more.
incidentally, when are NFD playing?
29th May.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Phono Paul wrote:
I figure that row ZZ would either be by the Macdonalds in Leeds station or, more likely, inside LGI's psychiatric unit... so I'll say no more.
29th May.
dont forget to give nfd a plug nearer the time too - i reckon a few yorkshire-based bods on here might be interested... :?: 8)

LGI's psychiatric unit? :lol: :notworthy: :innocent:
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
Otherwise known as The Primrose
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

LMAO..

<tries to tie in a bassment sesh with a house viewing visit>
Only a paand.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Killing Miranda supported us once :)

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
filthyrikky
Road Kill

Padstar wrote:Killing Miranda supported us once :)

Paddy.
Yes. And a week or two later you played slimelight.
http://killingmiranda.com

bum raping the goth scene since 1998
filthyrikky
Road Kill

Quiff Boy wrote:
Phono Paul wrote:
29th May.
dont forget to give nfd a plug nearer the time too - i reckon a few yorkshire-based bods on here might be interested... :?: 8)

There's something genuinely revealing in this old son.

Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

filthyrikky wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:
Phono Paul wrote: I figure that row ZZ would either be by the Macdonalds in Leeds station or, more likely, inside LGI's psychiatric unit... so I'll say no more.
29th May.

There's something genuinely revealing in this old son.
hey, i was interested! :o :lol:

it wasn't until i read who the 2nd band on the bill were that i started getting the fear ;D

and it wasnt me that suggested row zz was the nuthouse :lol:

i could say that i was only wanting to stand back to admire the majesty and the grand stage show that the flyer seems to indicate the bassment affords bands, but we all know that would be me just making it up ;) :D

seriously though, i was thinking about coming down, and may just make it. in spite of wailing f*ckit aircrew... and just to prove that i really am prepared to stand corrected i shall come and say hello if i do make it (its kinda out of my hands - i'm "booked" that weekend so it depends if i can convince other parties to come)

:lol: :notworthy:

anyroad, this is paul's event and i don't want to sully his club's name with what is basically my own personal opinion. 8)
James Blast
Banned

b i t c h

:innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:lol:

lets just say that me and wailing fuckwit aircrew have "history", albiet very brief and very silly, regarding some comments myself and eBlue made on the sheepish forums about one of their live shows.

unlike rikky who can more than handle himself, they dont seem to take criticism well, assuming that solely by virtue of being a "goffix" band we are supposed to cut them some slack :roll:

being any good might help ;) its a big wide world out there and to cut it you have to be good. full stop. never mind bleeting about waving the flag for goff, and deserving respect for it. you have to be as good as any other young up & coming band, regardless of genre (read: niche).
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

anyhoo, i digress. paul is trying to promote a night here, which has to be a good thing for alternative music everywhere, not just leeds. i dont want torain on his parade... :urff:
filthyrikky
Road Kill

seriously though, i was thinking about coming down, and may just make it. in spite of wailing f*ckit aircrew... and just to prove that i really am prepared to stand corrected i shall come and say hello if i do make it (its kinda out of my hands - i'm "booked" that weekend so it depends if i can convince other parties to come)

Methink you miscomprende me old bean. I suppose the cynical part of me was wondereing whether NFD would have seemed quite so important round here were it indeed Sensorium and not NFD.

I suppose it's unfair to pick on you over that but I do get slightly annoyed that somehow having a link to "the good old days" automatically makes a band better. Perhaps though I'm in the wrong. I leave that one open to the history books.

I also reserve my right to not be convinced that your good self would embrace us with open arms as we are patently NOT very like the classic goth bands* (which as far as I can tell said bands would largely applaud which is perhaps why we consider it an obscure gesture of respect). But additionally I reserve the right not to give a s**t and for all indeed not to give a s**t and instead to talk about football over a pint which is...when alls said and done...much more important.

*Addendum: I am making assumptions about your taste here dear boy. I apologise. At least I know I'm a judegemental git. Come to think of best ignoire most of what I've said as cynical rantings as usual.

filthyrikky
Road Kill

I really f**ked up with the quotes.

Ha ha. Wot a fuckwit.

filthyrikky
Road Kill

Quiff Boy wrote::lol:

lets just say that me and wailing fuckwit aircrew have "history", albiet very brief and very silly, regarding some comments myself and eBlue made on the sheepish forums about one of their live shows.

unlike rikky who can more than handle himself, they dont seem to take criticism well, assuming that solely by virtue of being a "goffix" band we are supposed to cut them some slack :roll:

being any good might help ;) its a big wide world out there and to cut it you have to be good. full stop. never mind bleeting about waving the flag for goff, and deserving respect for it. you have to be as good as any other young up & coming band, regardless of genre (read: niche).
Oh I've done that sort of thing loads of times. And yes. It's twattish behaviour but somehow we ego maniac band types simply can't help ourselves. And believe me, they are far from alone in being bitter about a lack of support from "the scene".

I mean. I love the fact we can go to some countries abroad and be treated
nice and I'm the first to sneer that KM's support over here are somewhat younger than other goth bands because we're more "with it man". But still. One yearns for the respect of ones peers and when one doesn't recieve it you start fuming about "elitist scum" almost psychotically.

As for SBA I know next to nothing other than saw em live once and was in foul mood so hated it but and prepared to concede that was heavily influenced by wanting to kick doors due said bad mood. Oh yes. I think they are suicidally brave to have the word "banshee" in their title.

Are they deathrock ? I don't like snickers OR starburst come to that.,

James Blast
Banned

nfd means no flippin* danger to me
*feel free to substitute another word :wink:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
filthyrikky
Road Kill

Phono Paul wrote:Ed R: Yes, it does rather add a touch of grandeur to the club. Unfortunately it does mean that the audience now has to stand in Edwards.

QB: muchas gracias
That stage was supporting Paradise Lost in portugal the weekend our backline tech decided to try swimming out to the middle of the harbour while s**t.

Oh how we laughed :?

Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

rikky wrote:*Addendum: I am making assumptions about your taste here dear boy. I apologise. At least I know I'm a judegemental git. Come to think of best ignoire most of what I've said as cynical rantings as usual.
no need apologise mate :lol:

whilst i have a wide and varied taste in music generally, when it comes to goth stuff i'm the first to admit that my tastes don't really stretch beyond about 1992, and rosetta stone. and even then only up until about adrenaline :D :lol:

and i neverreally got RAWK geetars either, so when goth dropped the delay and reverb and went all thrashy it doubly lost me :urff: :|

now if you had shimmering guitars and an ebow you would really have my attention ;D

probably wouldnt have anyone else's though :lol:

hey ho. i dont mind admitting that "the M62 sound" is one of the best things i've ever heard :D

SBA? deathrock? no idea. what is it? is it anything like nu goth? or old goth? from what i've seen and heard SBA are like a poor man's specimen. very campy batcavey, but without the hook, the tune, the whatever, that made a band like specimen so gosh darned catchy.
filthyrikky
Road Kill

Quiff Boy wrote:
rikky wrote:*Addendum: I am making assumptions about your taste here dear boy. I apologise. At least I know I'm a judegemental git. Come to think of best ignoire most of what I've said as cynical rantings as usual.
no need apologise mate :lol:

whilst i have a wide and varied taste in music generally, when it comes to goth stuff i'm the first to admit that my tastes don't really stretch beyond about 1992, and rosetta stone. and even then only up until about adrenaline :D :lol:

and i neverreally got RAWK geetars either, so when goth dropped the delay and reverb and went all thrashy it doubly lost me :urff: :|

now if you had shimmering guitars and an ebow you would really have my attention ;D

probably wouldnt have anyone else's though :lol:

hey ho. i dont mind admitting that "the M62 sound" is one of the best things i've ever heard :D

SBA? deathrock? no idea. what is it? is it anything like nu goth? or old goth? from what i've seen and heard SBA are like a poor man's specimen. very campy batcavey, but without the hook, the tune, the whatever, that made a band like specimen so gosh darned catchy.
The M62 is in more ways than one where I come from. But it strikes me as somehow insulting to take your heroes and lift their sound wholesale. hence we don't. Shimmering guitars ? Not likely son. Sorry. It somehow seems like ncerophilia mate.

Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

oh well.

but you do have drum machines, right? all is not lost?
filthyrikky
Road Kill

Quiff Boy wrote:oh well.

but you do have drum machines, right? all is not lost?
Erm... we take drum machines and burn them at the stake I fear old son. Admittedly we'll use a few samples and smidgeons chucked in from Reason but on the whole we use a perfectly coiffered 5 foot 6 inch glam monster called belle.

Somehow though I always thought his affectation for the glitter band was somehow apt.