do we agree then

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

markfiend wrote:Good point. How come Closer was down but not Unknown Pleasures? I'm not saying one's better than the other, but surely they both deserve to be in the top 100.

And FFS, Paranoid? Give me Master of Reality every time.

It's angering up my blood now... ;)
<shakes head> I know, I know. It's a terrible state of affairs. Just remember. We are a nation who think GGGGGarth GGGGGGates needed a record contract!! There's really no hope.

<jumps off bridge>
Only a paand.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Don't try and bring me down and hassle me man, with like, all your bourgeois ideals and conventions and s**t. :wink:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

no Tricky?
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Well, I'd suggest making the Heartland Top 50 or something, but whoever could organize that would have their PMs flooded..

Having said that, I -do- have a couple of hundred megabytes in my email account left... *ponders*

Anyone fancy that idea?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Dark wrote:Well, I'd suggest making the Heartland Top 50 or something, but whoever could organize that would have their PMs flooded..

Having said that, I -do- have a couple of hundred megabytes in my email account left... *ponders*

Anyone fancy that idea?
That's quite a nice idea! Just think of some rules, like 3 albums per person, or something like that, and I'm willing to help out with the administration (which doesn't mean that I want to do everyting :), of course)

So, it's up to you!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
canon docre
Overbomber

Dark wrote:Well, I'd suggest making the Heartland Top 50 or something, but whoever could organize that would have their PMs flooded..

Anyone fancy that idea?
Are you that lonesome, Dark? :wink: Anyway, I m ready to deliver my TOP 50. With just 3 albums, methinks it will stay pretty much TSOM-internal, or?
hallucienate
Overbomber

I could always write a little PHP/MySQL thingy for you this. Wouldn't very secure or anything as I don't have any way of verifying who is who, but as a basic, friendly thing it could be done quite quickly.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

emilystrange wrote:no Tricky?
They can't spell it... :lol:

Thumbs up for the Heartland Top 50... :D
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
James Blast
Banned

boudicca wrote:Thumbs up for the Heartland Top 50... :D
or hands up? :roll:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
filthyrikky
Road Kill

Inexplicably missing (IMHO):

Black Sabbath "vol.4"
Leftfield "leftfield"
Rammstein "mutter"
Skinny Puppy "too dark park"
Television "marquee moon"
Sepultura "roots"
Psychedelic furs "talk talk talk"
Faith no More "Angel Dust"
Killing Joke "Pandaimonium"
NIN "The downward spiral"
S&TB "Juju"
The Cure "Kiss me Kiss me Kiss me"
Tricky "pre millenium tension"
Korn "untouchables"
RevCo "beers steer and queers"
Big Black "atmonizer"
The misfits "walk among us"

and alright

SOM

"Vision thing"

(runs away chortling)
http://killingmiranda.com

bum raping the goth scene since 1998
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Okay, this is going to flood me, but sure, why not?

My email address is on my profile, I think.

Rules:

1) Three albums only
2) All three must be by different artists (otherwise we'd only have a top-10 or something)
3) Anyone nominating anything club/house/dance/RnB/Recent-Top-40 will be reported to Miss Emily and Führer Quiff.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

filthyrikky wrote:Inexplicably missing (IMHO):

Rammstein "mutter"
Faith no More "Angel Dust"
NIN "The downward spiral"
S&TB "Juju"
The Cure "Kiss me Kiss me Kiss me"
Korn "untouchables"
The misfits "walk among us"
I'll agree with the above :D
Only a paand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Dark wrote: Anyone nominating anything club/house/dance/RnB/Recent-Top-40 will be reported to Miss Emily and Führer Quiff.
We still have corporal punishment in MY class. :twisted:

send me a list, Dark, and I will send the perpetrators something they WON'T enjoy
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Is it wrong to be excited everytime Emily threatens you? :twisted:

E-mail being compiled Dark; you brave lad! I shudder at the thought of your mail server collapsing under the onslaught of Heartlanditis!
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

timsinister wrote:Is it wrong to be excited everytime Emily threatens you? :twisted:
It's up to you how you feel about it.. :twisted:
ruffers
Overbomber

Dark wrote:Okay, this is going to flood me, but sure, why not?

My email address is on my profile, I think.

Rules:

1) Three albums only
2) All three must be by different artists (otherwise we'd only have a top-10 or something)
3) Anyone nominating anything club/house/dance/RnB/Recent-Top-40 will be reported to Miss Emily and Führer Quiff.
Can't be doing with rule 3), heresy.

Should be a separate thread by the way as it's lost in here. Unless that's the point of course. :lol:
Chucking another log on
Francis
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:Pepper above Revolver which is just wrong
markfiend wrote:I wouldn't have had DSOTM as Floyd's best; or IV as Led Zep's best
I'd be interested to hear you justifications for those statements.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I prefer Physical Graffiti to IV.

I dunno, when it comes to Floyd, I just guess that Dark Side is too... obvious a choice?

That sounds daft now I come to think about it. OK I'll let them have Dark Side then.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Francis
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:I prefer Physical Graffiti to IV.
I always found it too big a mountain to climb. Certainly many classic songs though.
Francis
Overbomber

andymackem wrote:Which Smiths would you have as superior to Queen is Dead? As a complete album, rather than a collection of songs?
How about their first album? I can't claim to be an afficianado, having stopped caring after Hatful Of Hollow, but I recently bought The Queen Is Dead (on the recommendation of numerous people, most of whom were at least ten years my younger) and was less than impressed. Perhaps it's a familiarity thing. The Smiths 'happenned' about the same time as the Sisters but got their album out first and played a storming gig at Leeds University. They had us reeling round the fountain catching gladioli. Eldritch was well pissed off. Johnny Marr's tunes seemed to have been ringing round my ears for a long time before I even realised. I had the same experience with the Stone Roses' first album and Oasis' What's the Story. Who? Never heard of 'em. Bought the album. Oh yeah, I know this... But I'm rambling. Someone shut the gate behind me.

<Wakes up waving a finger whilst searching for his beer>And how is the Queen Is Dead a complete album as opposed to a collecion of songs?<Fades away>

Frankly Mr Shankly, I don't give a damn.

Sheila take a bow.
James Blast
Banned

The Smiths? album one, then stop
please
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
dead stars
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I'm so glad I only have 5 and wouldn't want the others if offered.
~dead stars still burn~