The American (et al) Idol talent quest

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I suppose there has been an Idol show in most countries by now. The fellow who won the Australian show, Guy Sebastian, is a member of a very large 'charismatic' church, called Hillsong. Their church gatherings feature big drumkits and electric guitars on stage (oops, I mean the altar) plus flashing lights (what, no smoke bombs?), et al, so you can talk yourself into believing that you're having a real 'experience'.

The church members got behind Sebastian in terms of votes and seeing as you only have to dial a freecall 1800 number to vote, results for this series of shows, internationally and certainly in Australia, are easily rigged because you can vote more than once. And that's what they did!
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
hallucienate
Overbomber

Here the calls were all premium rate services. Still, in a land where about 77% of the population is black they managed to vote in pretty white person both times. :roll: