Beatles or Elvis?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.

Who are you?

Beatles person
44%
Elvis person
56%

Total votes: 25
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Young Elvis (pre-sideburns!) in sharp 1950s suits. Not the later Liberace-style Elvis of popular caricature.

The many 'Fat Elvis era' (the Las Vegas years) caricatures, and all those supposed sightings of Elvis (invariably either pumping gas, eating fried chicken or buying cheeseburgers), are a disrespect to this great man's life.
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
Black Biscuit

In terms of business suss, Colonel Tom Parker had it.

Upon hearing of Elvis's death, he said (words to the effect of) "He isn't dead - only his body is".

Judging by the on-going record sales, Parker is right. The Presley legend has lived on.

Aah, Elvis is The King - and I'm glad that someone who started out dirt poor became so wealthy.
Black Biscuit

Elvis Forever! But remember: the candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
rian
Slight Overbomber

None of them.

My parents played Elvis when I was a kid, but I never liked him.

I did like Beach Boys and Doctor Hook though :oops:
I think someone set my soul alight
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Francis wrote:Elvis might have had all the best moves, but how many songs did he write?
He wrote "Love Me Tender"... :lol:
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
canon docre
Overbomber

The Beatles. Solely for "While my guitar gently weeps".
James Blast
Banned

I really like "It's All Too Much" (another George Harrison tune) but I prefer the Steve Hillage version on L
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

vicus wrote:
Francis wrote:Elvis might have had all the best moves, but how many songs did he write?
He wrote "Love Me Tender"... :lol:
He performed it - :twisted:

Love Me Tender - Elvis Presley
Written by Ken Darby (credited to Darby's wife, Vera Matson, and Elvis). Melody based on Aura Lee, a ballad written in 1861 by W.W. Fosdick and Geo R. Poulton (unless it's actually an older folk song).
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
dead stars
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I'm nothing but a hound dog.

And I don't like the Beatles.
~dead stars still burn~
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Black Biscuit wrote:In terms of business suss, Colonel Tom Parker had it.

Upon hearing of Elvis's death, he said (words to the effect of) "He isn't dead - only his body is".

Judging by the on-going record sales, Parker is right. The Presley legend has lived on.

Aah, Elvis is The King - and I'm glad that someone who started out dirt poor became so wealthy.
Theres an article in Burn magazine (I know, I know :oops: I also read Kerrang :oops: ) which says that on the night that Elvis died Parker bought a plane ticket to New York in order to licence Elvis' name - now thats love!!
Last edited by Black Alice on 07 May 2005, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

I also have a soft spot for Elvis - but thats because my Dad is a real fan. My Mum bought a holiday to Mississippi and Gracelands for his 60th birthday and when she gave him the tickets he cried - the first time I've ever seen that.

He was a teddy boy when younger and I have very early memories of him with quiff and d.a - so Elvis it is :D
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
James Blast
Banned

well, someone had to...

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele