private tsunami

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
_emma_
Overbomber

I'm totally devastated, and this time I mean it.
I said something wrong to someone (well, maybe it wasn't that wrong in fact, I don't know, that's not the point now anyway). It was painful enough for him to decide to take revenge. And he knew very well how to take revenge on me. As I went to a local shop for 15 minutes, he grabbed all my Sisters-related stuff, pur some gasoline on it and made a bonfire in the backyard. Tapes, official and unofficial CDs , UTRs and Glasperlenspiels, all the early rare songs, gigs, Shot and Wake, some concert DVDs, SSV and Gift, everything. Shame I'd kept it all in one place, so it was so easy and so quick to sweep it all in a bag. Then again I wouldn't have supposed someone could do something that nasty to me.
Oh, and he also deleted the most important folder off my PC, the one with all the mp3s and mpgs and jpgs (Jesus, about 500 photos of Andrew, that's something I'll never stop mourning over :cry: ).
I had always won before. This time I'm defeated.

I'm left with Frankfurt 2003, Alive and Mera Luna 2002 which survived because they were in the car. That's all Sisters-related stuff I've got at the moment. Can you imagine that?

I don't know what to do. I suppose I'll need the weeding section badly.
The trouble is, I don't even know what I had exactly. I'm not a pedant when it comes to these things, so most of the gigs had just the name of place (often abbreviations) or just a date written on them, so even if I wanted to have them back, I don't know what I want exactly. I used to associate them with the colours and textures of the envelopes much more than with a date and place.
I'm going to have to trace it back somehow. After I stop crying. It's like some f**king nightmare. I'm not sure I believe it, I have an impression I should just wake up now with a sigh of relief.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:eek: Ba$tard! :eek:

Look us up on the weeding section. You might not get back the same ones you had (and nothing can replace the UTRs and Glasperlenspiels) but we can make a decent effort to get your collection back up to size.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:o

oh my word. nightmare.

someone send this girl a copy of the "serious case of overbombing" dvd forthwith!

i can let you have a cd of the sisters section of the heartland image gallery, if thats any use? there's quite a few photos in there :)

that is truly the most, umm, peevish :!: thing i've ever heard of.

blimey :o
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

and there are versions of wake and shot on dvd floating about in that section.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Suggestion...

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
_emma_
Overbomber

Thank you so much guys.
Bastard? Well yes, definitely, but I was a bastardette towards him too. It's a very, very complicated 15 year old pile of crap mixed with candy. Still, I wouldn't have suspected him of that.
Okay. I'll be fine. I'll be fine. Health is the only thing that matters, calm down _emma_.
ruffers
Overbomber

Bugger.

Just a thought, but when you say he "deleted" the files, how did he do this? If he just deleted them as opposed to properly shredding them then they may well be recoverable if you know anyone who's a bit computer savvy. Don't want to get your hopes up too much but there's a chance.
Chucking another log on
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

If you want I'll send you my bootleg list and you can choose 10 gigs from there as a "weed for the tsunami victims". There are certain limits even to revenge, even if you were a bastardette and even if the person in question is only 15 years old.

Eva.
You can't fix stupid.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Two wrongs may not make a right, but they can be a lot of fun. Simply post his address on here and we'll send the boys round. :twisted:

You must have been a bad girl.
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
_emma_
Overbomber

Eva wrote:If you want I'll send you my bootleg list and you can choose 10 gigs from there as a "weed for the tsunami victims".
:eek: :oops: :notworthy:
There are certain limits even to revenge, even if you were a bastardette and even if the person in question is only 15 years old.

Eva.
Now you made me smile. It's not a 15 year old person, it's a 30 year old person and a 15 year old f**ked-up relationship.
It's about living on dreams, addiction, and mocked unfaithfulness. It's a big issue. He may have had his reasons. But still... :urff: :cry:
sisxbeforedawn

:eek: :cry: that's not good :cry: whatever you've done, you don't deserve that :!:

If I can help out at all, let me know
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

_emma_ wrote:Now you made me smile. It's not a 15 year old person, it's a 30 year old person and a 15 year old f**ked-up relationship.
It's about living on dreams, addiction, and mocked unfaithfulness. It's a big issue. He may have had his reasons. But still... :urff: :cry:
whoops, slight misunderstanding :oops:
But if it made you smile, the better. :wink:

Anyway, whatever it is about, my offer stands. a pm with your e-mail adress and you'll get the list. 8)
You can't fix stupid.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Dear gods.. I could understand burning a house, but SISTERS things?

Give me your SoulSeek username, _emma_, and you can get a few bootlegs, and album tracks, and rarities off of me. If Quiffy comes online, I suggest you get ALL his files. Won't do much for the original media, but...

If it's really hurting, then I'll donate a Lucretia 7", if you really want to (I'll just need to remember to remove my Long Train flexi first)
James Blast
Banned

The Blast Sisters Archive a small yet, perfectly formed creature is at your disposal _emma_ just ask. :D

Blast!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
_emma_
Overbomber

All you people are amazing. I have received so many PMs and e-mails that I don't know who and what to start with.
Just give me a couple of days to calm down and I'll PM you all back. :kiss: :notworthy:
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I think I would have to kill someone if they burnt my entire music collection :twisted:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

:eek:

And I thought my mom did a terrible job accidentally removing the carefully saved emails I saved over the years today :urff:

I hope you'll be able to get back as much of it as you can, without having too much trouble with it but alas I cannot help you with this, as I have basically no rare material at all I'm affraid (only some stuff I got through downloading and buying regular cd's)...

So I wish you all the very best, and hope the other guy will get what he deserved in return, since basically nothing you ever did can be as bad as what he did to you :x
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

When I read your first post I couldn't believe it (what a bastard). I know you say you did something bad, but I think what he did is way extreme. (Why didn't he set fire to your car or clothes like any other drama queen would have done?)

Anyway - I hope you can build up your stuff again. Wish I could help but, like Obviousman, I have no rare stuff. These guys seem to be able to help though.
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
canon docre
Overbomber

if a relationship came down to that level, there is no way up again. Any further revenge is just useless, though, understandable. Whatever good times you both may have had the past 15 years, you have to put an end to it. Please, Emma, do yourself that favour!
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Chin up love.
анархия
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Ah, I'm able to help you after all!

As mentioned before, you're able to retrieve lost files, and since I got my mails deleted, I complained about this to a friend of mine, who tipped me to try to recover them, I had no luck since they were deleted by outlook, but you'll surely have more luck:

Try this link and the program, just type in the extension of the file you need, et voilà...

The faster you do it, the better it'll work, since your computer uses the empty space again (even while shutting down or restarting), so be quick!!! (and if this one doesn't work, search download.com for some good programs, there are loads available)

Good luck, again!!!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
_emma_
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:I hope you'll be able to get back as much of it as you can, without having too much trouble with it but alas I cannot help you with this, as I have basically no rare material at all I'm affraid (only some stuff I got through downloading and buying regular cd's)...
But I never had any ultra-rare material either! I've never been a collector or trader. I just had the obligatory things like Before the Flood, Echoes, whistle tests and so on, and several gigs found through the Internet, some I got from various people on various occasions, but in fact it wasn't much. I've always been seriously put off bootlegs because of the audience shouting and hand clapping, so I only kept those with relatively good sound quality (not paying attention to date and place, stupid me), and I listened to them depending on mood. Now I think I'm in fact very likely to get more than I had before. You people are wonderful.
Obviousman wrote:Try this link and the program, just type in the extension of the file you need, et voilà...
Thanks, I'll try it. Still, the most important things were on CDs I'm afraid. :urff:
canon docre wrote:if a relationship came down to that level, there is no way up again. Any further revenge is just useless, though, understandable. Whatever good times you both may have had the past 15 years, you have to put an end to it. Please, Emma, do yourself that favour!
You sound like you know very well. :wink:
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Sue the bastard! :evil:

Its YOUR property he set fire to, let him pay for it.
It does not bring back all the stuff, but then he/she/it realises this was one step too far.

For the rest, big hugs, lots of kisses and very good luck from IZZY, the comforter of dam'sels in distress! ;D ;D ;D ;D

IZ (tadaaaaa-tadatadatadatadatatAAAAA!!)
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
culprit

_emma_ wrote:the most important things were on CDs I'm afraid. :urff:
...easily replaced, see my pm ;D :P

chin up :!:
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

I have access to a Sherman M4 tank, should you require....

I have found that the sight of a Panzerkampfwagen rolling down the high street tends to make even the most ardent of record burners turn and flee. ;)
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too