Dalek (don't read it if you taped it and haven't watched it)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
ruffers
Overbomber

We may have discussed this and I missed it, but Doctor Who on Saturday was abso-bleedin-lutely brilliant. Feeling sorry for a Dalek? What witchcraft is this? Brilliant script, excellent performances, toyed with expectations and as I said managed to make the viewer feel empathy for a dalek. Absolutely superb.

And the bit at the end where the Dalek self-destructed was verging on the beautiful.

I might be going a bit over the top here, but it was great. Honest.

Any more Daleks in this series? (I know it was "the last dalek" but there's a hundred ways round that)
Chucking another log on
Thea
Overbomber

Yeah... it was pretty amazing!
The dalek was beautifully done - not just the outer shell, but the actual dalek inside too.
Great performance from Ecclestone too, his humour was spot-on in this episode. A bit Tom Baker-esque, but that's not really a bad thing.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

ruffers wrote:Feeling sorry for a Dalek?
Yes :cry: :wink:
Thea
Overbomber

I was actually scared at this episode too... I was never scared of the daleks before, but when it told the Doctor he'd make a good dalek... Chilling stuff!
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Can I join the geek chat?

The Dalek kicked ass. A bona fide unstoppable killing machine.

The "you would make a good Dalek" line was good. I also really liked the line toward the end where Van Statten stammered that he had tortured the Dalek because he had just wanted to hear it talk...

"Then hear me talk now. Exterminate. Exterminate! Exterminate!"
анархия
smiscandlon
Overbomber

ruffers wrote:Any more Daleks in this series? (I know it was "the last dalek" but there's a hundred ways round that)
I understand that there are rumours pointing to the season finale being another Dalek story.
анархия
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

I've really been enjoying the series so far. It has been getting better throughout.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Top drawer stuff! Prior to this I'd always thought of the Daleks as kind of, well, cute. And suspiciously easy to defeat, considering.

This one wasn't ;D Yet it was so strange to be feeling sympathetic towards the bugger.

Whaddya mean, theres only 13 episodes in this season? :eek: We're nearly halfway through :eek: :eek:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
Thea
Overbomber

CellThree wrote:I've really been enjoying the series so far. It has been getting better throughout.
True... First two episodes were okay but nothing special. Unquiet dead blew my mind... absolutely stunning. Wasn't too sure about the Slitheen ones... But dalek, yowsa! Beautifully done! nice to see a Cyberman in there too - even if it was being called "an old friend" by the doctor :eek:
Thea
Overbomber

Mrs. Snowey wrote:Top drawer stuff! Prior to this I'd always thought of the Daleks as kind of, well, cute. And suspiciously easy to defeat, considering.

This one wasn't ;D Yet it was so strange to be feeling sympathetic towards the bugger.

Whaddya mean, theres only 13 episodes in this season? :eek: We're nearly halfway through :eek: :eek:
I heard 12 and an Xmas special.... Could be wrong though.

I just wanna know what the whole "bad wolf" plot is all about...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Genius.

Ethan is now sh1t-scared of Daleks. As is right and proper.
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
Mrs. Snowey

FFS Dave wrote:Genius.

Ethan is now sh1t-scared of Daleks. As is right and proper.
Heh, heh. I'd like to see that tactic used on these "problem child" shows :lol:
smiscandlon
Overbomber

d00mw0lf wrote:I heard 12 and an Xmas special.... Could be wrong though.

13 episodes with 12/13 being another two-parter.
анархия
Mrs. Snowey

Isn't Simon :notworthy: Pegg in it this Saturday?
smiscandlon
Overbomber

:evil:
анархия
Thea
Overbomber

smiscandlon wrote:
d00mw0lf wrote:I heard 12 and an Xmas special.... Could be wrong though.

13 episodes with 12/13 being another two-parter.
ahh. fair enough.
Mrs. Snowey

Wanna Christmas Special now. NOW. :lol:
Thea
Overbomber

Mrs. Snowey wrote:Wanna Christmas Special now. NOW. :lol:
No you don't :| From what I've heard, that's when they're regenerating Ecclestone into David Tennant. Who is about twelve years old. It's a proven fact that younger actors playing the doctor will be a bit pants. Case in point: Davison. Noone ever says he's their favorite. he only had about three good stories, and that's only because he had the five doctors (and snakedance for pure comedy value).
Mrs. Snowey

In relation to the lovely Simon Pegg
smiscandlon wrote::evil:
I'll have nothing said against the man who gave us Spaced. (well, not by himself, obviously)
Mrs. Snowey

d00mw0lf wrote:
Mrs. Snowey wrote:Wanna Christmas Special now. NOW. :lol:
No you don't :| From what I've heard, that's when they're regenerating Ecclestone into David Tennant. Who is about twelve years old. It's a proven fact that younger actors playing the doctor will be a bit pants. Case in point: Davison. Noone ever says he's their favorite. he only had about three good stories, and that's only because he had the five doctors (and snakedance for pure comedy value).
Yes, but he got to kill off Adric :lol:

BTW, who was the chap who played Steerpike in Gormenghast not long back?
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Mrs. Snowey wrote:In relation to the lovely Simon Pegg
smiscandlon wrote::evil:
I'll have nothing said against the man who gave us Spaced. (well, not by himself, obviously)
Yes, well perhaps you haven't been subjected to CellThree's attempt at what you earthpeople call "humour"
CellThree wrote:
smiscandlon wrote:Image
Isn't that Simon Pegg?

Now I can't look in the mirror without Simon Pegg staring back at me.

So I'll say again.

анархия
Mrs. Snowey

@ smiscandlon : oh dear :eek: I can't decide whether that's cruel. Or funny. Or both :wink: :D
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

smiscandlon wrote: Now I can't look in the mirror without Simon Pegg staring back at me.

So I'll say again.

Oops :innocent:
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Dan
Overbomber

Someone said the last episode was going to be about the time war. I'm guessing the Doctor goes back to try and change events (even though he's not supposed to, but it's not stopped him before - he meddles wherever he goes), and in the process of saving his own people the Daleks will probably survive too.

Ah, and how do we know the Dalek destroyed itself at the end of 'Dalek'? For all we know it might have teleported away.
Thea
Overbomber

Dan wrote:Someone said the last episode was going to be about the time war. I'm guessing the Doctor goes back to try and change events (even though he's not supposed to, but it's not stopped him before - he meddles wherever he goes), and in the process of saving his own people the Daleks will probably survive too.

Ah, and how do we know the Dalek destroyed itself at the end of 'Dalek'? For all we know it might have teleported away.
Yeah, the teleported thing is interesting...
I'm not down with this whole "time war" thing... If it was that big a deal, why havn't we heard about it before?