Dalek (don't read it if you taped it and haven't watched it)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Dan
Overbomber

d00mw0lf wrote:I'm not down with this whole "time war" thing... If it was that big a deal, why havn't we heard about it before?
Presumably it happened sometime after the McGann movie (or after the last McCoy episode if you wanna disregard the McGann movie as a pile of pants) and before the first episode in this series.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Mrs. Snowey wrote:BTW, who was the chap who played Steerpike in Gormenghast not long back?
Jonathan Rhys-Meyers. If they get him playing the Doctor, then I might even be able to persuade mrs fiend to watch...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Thea
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
Mrs. Snowey wrote:BTW, who was the chap who played Steerpike in Gormenghast not long back?
Jonathan Rhys-Meyers. If they get him playing the Doctor, then I might even be able to persuade mrs fiend to watch...
I recon he'd make a great doctor!
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Time to carpet bomb the powers that be then. 8) I'd be quite interested in seeing Jonathan Rhys-Meyers in the role (why are we getting a twelve-year old Doctor foisted on us anyway? )

The natives are revolting
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
Red Orc
Road Kill

We're getting a 12-year-old Doctor (have to interject here that I thought Cassanova was pretty funny, BTW, but I'm a fan of Peter O'Toole. And Russel T Davis) because when he regenerates he's always younger - he's going backwards in time. Like Merlin in the Sword in the Stone. (Of course they 'forgot' this with Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy - when they couldn't find anyone younger than Peter Davidson.)

There are two reasons why we might not have heard about the Time War:
1 - Earth isn't party to the rest of the galaxy's secrets, not being advanced enough for space travel, etc, or,
2 - it hasn't happened yet (it's a TIME WAR, durr!)

Jonathon Rhys-Myers would make a better Doctor than Jonathon Rhys-Davies. Discuss.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Saturday's episode was another instant classic. :notworthy: :notworthy:

Human beings dumbed down by the media, or 'thoughtfully deprived of depth and balance'. Very good point, always worth putting across on primetime BBC. :notworthy:

Next Doctor? Von of course. Even more smug than the fabulous Mr Ecclestone, a fine actor and fully paid-up member of Shareholders United.

Nice chap. :D 8)

Even Ms Piper becomes more watchable with every episode.

As an article in Judge Dredd Megazine recently put it, the current series is now as good as everyone used to think the 'classic' period was.
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
ruffers
Overbomber

Red Orc wrote:Jonathon Rhys-Myers would make a better Doctor than Jonathon Rhys-Davies. Discuss.
I have no idea who these people are :?
Chucking another log on
Red Orc
Road Kill

Jonathon Rhys-Myers (I'm not sure that the spelling is absolutely right) was Steerpike in Gormenghast and the Irish footie coach in 'Bend it like Beckham'; Jonathon Rhys-Davies (see my previous answer on spelling) was Gimli in the Lord of the Rings and some Arab guy in Raiders of the Lost Ark. And he was in some s**t Sky series like Timesliders or something.
Red Orc
Road Kill

FFS Dave wrote:Next Doctor? Von of course. Even more smug than the fabulous Mr Ecclestone, a fine actor and fully paid-up member of Shareholders United.
Funny, I seem to remember He wanted Eleanor Bron for the part (she turned down the part of Emma Peel in the original Avengers, apparently). That was about 20 years ago, however...