Getting old?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
sisxbeforedawn
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

ok, this could just be me, BUT I see posts where people can remember what gigs, who supported and what year :!: am I getting old and my memory is fecked?

I can remember a lot of gigs but wouldn't have a clue on year or what month it was. I mean drinking pints of wine at some of the gigs I can understand not remembering them, but I remember the gig just not the when.

I had this personal goal to always see a minimum of 90% of all artists in my record collection :D
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
hallucienate
Overbomber

sisxbeforedawn wrote:I had this personal goal to always see a minimum of 90% of all artists in my record collection :D
How much music did you bin? :innocent:
sisxbeforedawn

none :lol: not even my Mel'n'Kim 12" :lol:
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

No, you just set priorities: Most gigs are more important to remember than their dates (unless it was a crappy gig, but the day was important for whatever reason). :lol:
Besides, you have said goal and I assume you're one of the EBG crowd, so you might have seen more gigs than most of the younger ones who posted in that thread. How on earth are you to remember each date of each gig you've ever you've ever been to? :?:

Fix yourself a cup of tea and relax..... :wink:
You can't fix stupid.
sisxbeforedawn

Eva wrote: Fix yourself a cup of tea and relax..... :wink:
wish I could :D but just about to drive from Manchester to Lonon :eek:

:lol: there are a few clasic gig moments i'll never forget, like some bloke puking :urff: over my should at a Neffs gig in Rock City and the smell of diced carrots and flour :urff:
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

sisxbeforedawn wrote:like some bloke puking :urff: over my should at a Neffs gig in Rock City and the smell of diced carrots and flour :urff:
Which reminds me of Fad Gadget in Zurich, during his song "Back to Nature": He was chewing on a banana and then spat it onto my friend's bag. May I add that she was not amused, but I nearly pissed myself laughing... :lol:
You can't fix stupid.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

sisxbeforedawn wrote:none :lol: not even my Mel'n'Kim 12" :lol:
:eek: GOOD LORD! :lol: :notworthy: :lol:

As in...

"take, take, take, take, t-t-t-take take, take, take..."??
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

'take or leave us, only please believe us, we ain't never gonna be respectable'

another heartland slogan
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Andie
Overbomber

sisxbeforedawn wrote:I can remember a lot of gigs but wouldn't have a clue on year or what month it was. I mean drinking pints of wine at some of the gigs I can understand not remembering them, but I remember the gig just not the when.
i have the very same problem...except for one little thing...i kept all the tickets of all the bands i've ever seen (unless i paid cash at the door)...some are even autographed by the band members...

the only down side is when friends look at the tix and they become transfixed with the TOYAH stub... :roll:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
James Blast
Banned

a bit like my mates when they see my Uriah Heep stubs :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
rian
Slight Overbomber

I have problem with my memory aswell. I remember the year of that Bowie gig because I got my driving license the same year. And the REM one was 2 years later.

;D
I think someone set my soul alight
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

I can very rarely remember dates and never remember supports. The only dates I really remember are those that are important for other reasons - eg Reading 1991 seeing Iggy and the Sisters - but more importantly it was my honeymoon!

As long as you remember that you enjoyed it - who cares!!

I also know why I find it difficult to remember - stay clear of those drugs kids :lol:
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.