Sisters Live at this years Meraluna festival

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Eva wrote:I see a crowded campingsite and huge difficulties coming my way
CROWDED CAMPSITE!CROWDED CAMPSITE!CROWDED CAMPSITE!CROWDED CAMPSITE!CROWDED CAMPSITE!CROWDED CAMPSITE!

You know you want to. :wink: :lol:
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
canon docre
Overbomber

@FFS Dave

Smashing new avatar, Dave. Reminds me on an odd occurence in my past... :innocent:
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

FFS Dave wrote:
Eva wrote:I see a crowded campingsite and huge difficulties coming my way
CROWDED CAMPSITE!CROWDED CAMPSITE!CROWDED CAMPSITE!CROWDED CAMPSITE!CROWDED CAMPSITE!CROWDED CAMPSITE!

You know you want to. :wink: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course I want to, and I (well: we) will, but WHERE will I put my big fat tent? Will you peeps blast others away from your big bad fat techno bus to keep some vacant space for us (Andrew S, Helen, Pikkrong and I)?

I promise to behave and never again to say anything negative about boo... - er - techno music.... p.l.e.a.s.e... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

;D
You can't fix stupid.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Room for one more on the Techno Bus?

I'll bring ginger beer! :idea: :D

Or just beer beer, if you'd prefer... :wink:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Eva

boudicca wrote:Room for one more on the Techno Bus?

I'll bring ginger beer! :idea: :D

Or just beer beer, if you'd prefer... :wink:
Nonono, I'd never dare to ask for _such_ a big honour/favour!

I was merely wondering aloud, how we 4 were going to manage to find some vacant space to put our tents on, if we were to arrive from Tabor/Prague on the 13th or even 14th.... And I don't even think it would be feasible for anybody to keep any space vacant on the camping site for 4 people with their more or less big fat tents... ;D
You can't fix stupid.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

The Techno Bus (Entertainment Division)....might yet transform, Doctor Who style, into a shiny new (but cheap, obviously, one has to assume scousers are on the rob at any festival) CD player. Yaay!

The Techno Bus (Transport Division) looks like being an Air Berlin flight from Manchester to somewhere or other (£76 return...at the moment). Then a train train train train train train train...to Hildeshiem.

The Techno Bus (Hospitality Division) is a 4 man tent, theoretically filled by 3 techno-lovin' layabouts, but there's always an above-average chance that they'll not be requiring sleep, for one reason or another. :roll:

So yep, boudicca, there's always room. ;D Entrance fee is usually a fistful of batteries :lol:

Eva, as you say, the likelihood of holding off the maddening crowd for tent-space at any festival is slim. You pitch up, go off for a wander, and return several hours later to find a Sao Paoloesque slum evolving on top of your tent.

But fear not, you'll be able to hear us, so tracking us down is never that tricky. At Eurorock 2000 that meant...walking up to the only ones awake at 1AM. :roll: :eek:

But there's always an outside chance of making so much noise as to scare off potential neighbours. We'll try. By God, we'll try. :lol:
Eva

FFS Dave wrote: Eva, as you say, the likelihood of holding off the maddening crowd for tent-space at any festival is slim. You pitch up, go off for a wander, and return several hours later to find a Sao Paoloesque slum evolving on top of your tent.
I know, that's why I was slightly panicking yesterday. But after a good night's sleep now I think that we will be able to squeeze our tents in somewhere. We might not even be the only ones arriving on saturday.... :cool:
FFS Dave wrote:But fear not, you'll be able to hear us, so tracking us down is never that tricky. At Eurorock 2000 that meant...walking up to the only ones awake at 1AM. :roll: :eek:
Good. That means we can try to find you if we need some good neighbourhood, but we can also walk to the other end of the camping site, if hear the slightest hint of a "HELGA?!" coming from your direction... :lol:
FFS Dave wrote:But there's always an outside chance of making so much noise as to scare off potential neighbours. We'll try. By God, we'll try. :lol:

:lol: :notworthy:
You can't fix stupid.
Mish
Road Kill

Is anyone from Glasgow going to Mera Luna this year? I went a few years back when the Sisters & m*****n were both on, but this year I have no-one to go with! The idea of getting to a remote field in Germany (with my extremely poor German) by myself is a little daunting :)

Anyone going I can tag along with? (I'm not an axe murderer, honest).

Bryan
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Mish wrote:Is anyone from Glasgow going to Mera Luna this year? I went a few years back when the Sisters & m*****n were both on, but this year I have no-one to go with! The idea of getting to a remote field in Germany (with my extremely poor German) by myself is a little daunting :)

Bryan
Ich komme aus Glesga! ;D
Always room for one more on the board. WELCOME. :D

However, I'm afraid I've already made other travel arrangements...
Might see you there though.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Mish wrote:Is anyone from Glasgow going to Mera Luna this year? I went a few years back when the Sisters & m*****n were both on, but this year I have no-one to go with! The idea of getting to a remote field in Germany (with my extremely poor German) by myself is a little daunting :)

Bryan
I'm going but I'm dong all the dates so won't be travelling directly from Glasgow.
James Blast
Banned

@Mish welcome fellow Weegie :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Andrew S wrote:

Bryan
I'm going but I'm dong all the dates so won't be travelling directly from Glasgow.
@Andrew S

I am very impressed by this.

How the hell do you do that? Logistically I mean :D

Paul
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

zaltys7 wrote:
Andrew S wrote:I'm going but I'm dong all the dates so won't be travelling directly from Glasgow.
@Andrew S

I am very impressed by this.

How the hell do you do that? Logistically I mean :D

Paul
With great difficulty I suspect. Lots of early starts and long train journeys.
James Blast
Banned

Andrew S wrote:Lots of early starts and long train journeys.
nothing is worth that in my book, well maybe a cure for cancer
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

according to www.meraluna.de there are 1-day-tickets aviable (39 EUR)
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Zarion
Road Kill

I will be there, I will be there.. hooray :D
culprit
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Hooray for Zarion!!!
Hip Hip! :)
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

So, is anyone driving over from the UK? Is there room for another?

Looks like the only way I'm likely to have any chance of getting to the festival. :cry: