Norway

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Delilah
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Just wondering if there is anybody from Norway here? I am planning my holidays in that cold country, but, never being to Scandinavia, would appreciate some advice!
Would love to visit Oslo and Trondheim, any advice on travel, weather, beer, how child-friendly the country is?
Thanks
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Big Si
School Bully

Lynchfanatic - but she hasn't been on here for awhile!

(or try Rian who lives next door :wink: or boudicca who visited recently)
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Yes, I payed Norge a visit a month ago.

Well, Bergen.

Very expensive. Everyone looks like they should burst out singing "Tomorrow Belongs To Me" at any moment... :eek: it's a little scary...

But highly recommended all the same.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Delilah

boudicca wrote:Yes, I payed Norge a visit a month ago.

Well, Bergen.

Very expensive. Everyone looks like they should burst out singing "Tomorrow Belongs To Me" at any moment... :eek: it's a little scary...

But highly recommended all the same.
yes... I have seen a few photos and just fallen in love with that country. AND Norwegians boys are also so cute :wink: I;m sure you noticed! :D
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Delilah wrote:yes... I have seen a few photos and just fallen in love with that country. AND Norwegians boys are also so cute :wink: I;m sure you noticed! :D
Beautiful scenery, no doubt. Really distinctive.
The fellas... they all look like they should've been in a Nazi propaganda film in the 30's. Too tall, too blonde, too *gulp* tanned for my liking.

:von: Yep, I know what I like, and it ain't that. :wink:

The women are all Brunhildes. It's really quite funny.

Don't make the mistake I did. Learn some damn Norwegian before you go!! :lol: :roll:
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Skol! :lol:
Delilah

boudicca wrote: The fellas... they all look like they should've been in a Nazi propaganda film in the 30's. Too tall, too blonde, too *gulp* tanned for my liking.
BLONDE AND TANNED :eek: ??? I have only see pale, black haired and with eyeliner. s**t, maybe they weren't Norwegians or something :wink:
:von: Yep, I know what I like, and it ain't that. :wink:
no, I have met a few friends in Hamburg 2 weeks ago and they were everything BUT blonde and tanned. really nice view, you know :wink: ?

Don't make the mistake I did. Learn some damn Norwegian before you go!! :lol: :roll:
yeah, will try! But all the people I know from there speak very good English. God, maybe I am going to travel to the wrong country??? :lol: How cold is it BTW? You mentioned a winter coat before.... Do I have to take one even in the summer? :eek:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Delilah wrote:BLONDE AND TANNED :eek: ??? I have only see pale, black haired and with eyeliner. s**t, maybe they weren't Norwegians or something :wink:
They all have a bit of a Boris Becker look about them! :lol:
Delilah wrote:
boudicca wrote: Don't make the mistake I did. Learn some damn Norwegian before you go!! :lol: :roll:
yeah, will try! But all the people I know from there speak very good English. God, maybe I am going to travel to the wrong country??? :lol: How cold is it BTW? You mentioned a winter coat before.... Do I have to take one even in the summer? :eek:
It's true, you can get along fine with just English... I just hate being a "Brit Abroad", y'know? Talking VERY LOUD AND SLOW, like a total pillock.
:roll:

I was really surprised how cold it was - I thought, Bergen, west coast, Gulf stream, it'll be just like Scotland. But my teeth have never chattered so much in my life. Maybe it's better in summer though.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I went to Norway for my honeymoon. Unusual choice, I know, but we loved it. Oslo is really good, more of a modern city than Bergen, which is beautiful. We'd definitely go back to Bergen again - definitely your thing if you're into nice old houses (or at least, newer replicas of ones that keep burning down), woolly jumpers, fish markets, canals, and eating reindeers and whales (thankfully the latter is not compulsory). I'd strongly recommend you to get out into the fjords, though, preferably on a boat. We spent most of our time in a log cabin in a tiny village on the Sognefjord called Flam. Nothing to do at all (well, it was our honeymoon!), but absolutely beautiful. Very nice country, friendly people, and did I mention the ludicrously expensive food and drink?
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/20 ... 348166.htm
Last Update: Tuesday, April 19, 2005. 8:15am (AEST)

Norway whaling season has largest quota in over a decade
Norway's whaling season began with hunters allowed by the government to kill up to 797 of the mammals this year, the highest quota set by the government in more than a decade in defiance of repeated international criticism.

Thirty-one boats were expected to participate in this year's hunt, fishing industry publication Fiskeribladet reported on its website.

etc
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4530415.stm
Hunting minke with the Norwegians
Few environmental issues arouse more passion than the killing of whales, and this month sees the start of the biggest commercial hunt anywhere in the world. It takes place off the coast of Norway.

Norway is not bound by the 20-year-old commercial moratorium administered by the International Whaling Commission (IWC) because it objected to the ban's introduction.

In total, nearly 800 whales are to be caught by the Norwegians between now and the end of the season; and there are plans here to increase the total whale catch to 1,800 every year.
lovely country :urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I always thought their slogan should be "It's your way - or Norway!"

I've been to Bergen and it was very nice coming up the fjords on a steamer.
rian
Slight Overbomber

Its warm there in the summer. 20-25C. But it rains alot, so bring a raincoat.

And also bring lots of money. You gonna need it.

Very beatiful country.

And I had girlfrind from Norway years ago. But she was blond :wink:
I think someone set my soul alight
hallucienate
Overbomber

rian wrote:Its warm there in the summer. 20-25C.
Some of us wouldn't dare say that is warm :?
rian
Slight Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:
rian wrote:Its warm there in the summer. 20-25C.
Some of us wouldn't dare say that is warm :?
Nah, you're right. But it can get warmer there.

Some summers we have over 30C for weeks, but normally just around 25C.
I think someone set my soul alight
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

boudicca wrote:I was really surprised how cold it was - I thought, Bergen, west coast, Gulf stream, it'll be just like Scotland. But my teeth have never chattered so much in my life. Maybe it's better in summer though.
So you thought it would be just like Scotland, and it was freezing cold. I fail to see the contradiction :P
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
boudicca
Sister Midnight

andymackem wrote:
boudicca wrote:I was really surprised how cold it was - I thought, Bergen, west coast, Gulf stream, it'll be just like Scotland. But my teeth have never chattered so much in my life. Maybe it's better in summer though.
So you thought it would be just like Scotland, and it was freezing cold. I fail to see the contradiction :P
It only feels cold here because you're soaked through from all the RAIN! :roll:

We have a temperate maritime climate as you well know.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

No dear, this island is cold from top to bottom. As well you know. I can get a girl from Moscow to back me up on this if it helps.

And the rain doesn't help.
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
boudicca
Sister Midnight

What, even down on the Essex riviera? :innocent:
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

That was where she complained of the cold. Despite it being 20 degrees warmer in Southend than it would have been in Moscow at the time.

Strange girl.
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

andymackem wrote:That was where she complained of the cold. Despite it being 20 degrees warmer in Southend than it would have been in Moscow at the time.

Strange girl.
When a girl says things like that they're not really cold, they're just testing you, to see if you're the kind of man that will lend her your jacket. :wink: Did you pass the test? :lol:
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

The Green Lantern wrote:
andymackem wrote:That was where she complained of the cold. Despite it being 20 degrees warmer in Southend than it would have been in Moscow at the time.

Strange girl.
When a girl says things like that they're not really cold, they're just testing you, to see if you're the kind of man that will lend her your jacket. :wink: Did you pass the test? :lol:
Of course not. It was freezing :lol:
filthyrikky
Road Kill

Delilah wrote:Just wondering if there is anybody from Norway here? I am planning my holidays in that cold country, but, never being to Scandinavia, would appreciate some advice!
Would love to visit Oslo and Trondheim, any advice on travel, weather, beer, how child-friendly the country is?
Thanks
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
There is some english band or other playing there in august (??think??) at the lost souls festival.

I like it up there. We end up happy as pigs in s**t they treat us so nice. Not QUITE as nice as finland though. So far.
http://killingmiranda.com

bum raping the goth scene since 1998
Delilah

filthyrikky wrote: I like it up there. We end up happy as pigs in s**t they treat us so nice. Not QUITE as nice as finland though. So far.
do you get free beer and stuff then? It is very handy considering the prices. My German friend has been complaining having to share and overpriced beer with me in the UK, I will send him over there I guess! Somebody just told me that first of all you cannot get beer in shops and it costs 8GBP per pint in bars! :eek:
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Norway eh???
They can stick that traditional f**king Trafalgar Square Christmas Tree up their arse as far as I'm concerned.
I had no end of trouble coming back through Norway on the way back from seeing the Sisters in Arvika in 1998. Some customs fuckers hauled me off a train (convinced I'd had drugs on me) for interrogation. Didn't those fuckers learn *anything* from the Nazi occupation? Sorry but I'm still bitter because those fuckers caused me no end of stress and I nearly missed my flight home.
Who cares if the Russians are still "interested" in their "strategic" points on the coast? It doesn't justify serving compulsory 2 years national service. And they kill whales don't they? (see Quiffys post). They're not in the EU and they don't f**king deserve to be IMHO.
The Scene won't save you...
Ocean Moves

visiting said non-Eu, oil rich nation, you need money, and lots of it.
Buying a snack will cost you an arm. trust me.

that said, the Fjords are lovely, in fact the scenary all the way down
the country is stunning. People wise, I prefer the adorable Swedes.