swing-o-meters, battlefields and the financial arse

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

At least Galloway's tan is real. Kilroy must have been rubbing up against Dale Winton or something. I mean, he has a lot of time on his hands...
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Red Orc
Road Kill

While I'm happy to see the political demise of a man whose looks are as repellent as his politics (and that's pretty f**king repellent), I can't cheer Galloway. He's really f**king horrible. Yes it's probably a real tan. I'll resist the urge to 'joke' that he's been in Iraq killing cops and westerners for the Resistance (he's a hypocrite, because he HASN'T been, despite urging us all to support a mass-murderer and his fanatics against another mass-murderer and his fanatics) and say he's probably been holidaying in Tunisia or something on his massive MP's salary, while his former Glasgow constituents generally can't afford it.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

But the main thing is that you're not cross about it. Seriously, the man is a fly on an elephant's arse - and that might overegg his significance in the world. He's slimy and hypocritical and dishonest, sure, but unlike Bush and Blair (ditto), he's not, thankfully, commander in chief.
Chris

Red Orc
Road Kill

Ah well said. If he had been, Britain would be a nuclear wasteland by now, as he'd have taken us to war against America to support a genocidal maniac. Blair Bush Sadam Bin Laden Chirac Sharon Whoever the Palestinian Guy Is Castro Kim Il Jong Putin AND GEORGE GALLOWAY are all total s**t and the sooner we do away with them the better.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Do you have a cunning plan?
Chris

Red Orc
Road Kill

s**t no!

I'm not some closet putschist saying 'let's storm Parliament then you can make me your glorious life president!' I'm a hacked off whinger who wonders why the rest of the world doesn't see things the same way he does. So my plan is essentially 'try to survive and hope we get rescued by the revolution'. That's all at the moment I'm afraid. Revolutions aren't made by 'brilliant leaders' they're made by masses of pissed off people. And until there are more pissed off people reflecting on what can actually be done, nothing will change. You see, individuals REALLY ARE powerless.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Red Orc wrote:I'm a hacked off whinger who wonders why the rest of the world doesn't see things the same way he does.
;D I'm one of those too. :lol:

I hate people; they're so stupid. ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Red Orc
Road Kill

I don't hate people. Not in general. Some SPECIFIC people are pretty f**king appalling tho'. OHHHHH Kilroy-s**t, I laugh if i heard you'd topped yourself. Terrible thing to say about any human being, but he's definitely on my 'would not be missed list'.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Along with Prince Charles and Geri Halliwell, I hope.
Chris

boudicca
Sister Midnight

And may I offer Richard and Judy, Lorraine Kelly, Jordan, and Jade-out-of-Big-Brother for your consideration.

If they're not already on there... :wink:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Even worse than Jade-from-Big-Brother IMO is Jeff Brazier, who is merely famous for having sh@gged Jade-from-Big-Brother.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
boudicca
Sister Midnight

markfiend wrote:Even worse than Jade-from-Big-Brother IMO is Jeff Brazier, who is merely famous for having sh@gged Jade-from-Big-Brother.
What was he on? :eek: :lol: :roll:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Even worse than Jade-from-Big-Brother IMO is Jeff Brazier, who is merely famous for having sh@gged Jade-from-Big-Brother.
Jeff Brazier is slightly famous for playing football for Canvey Island FC. Who are a moderately famous non-league football team.

And, to be fair, many famous names from history owe their reputation to deeds so unspeakably that us mere mortals couldn't contemplate doing them ourselves.

I'd put shagging Jade several leagues beyond the labours of Hercules or slaying the Minotaur. If Perseus had shagged Medusa I'd be more impressed with his courage.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

boudicca wrote:And may I offer Richard and Judy, Lorraine Kelly, Jordan, and Jade-out-of-Big-Brother for your consideration.

If they're not already on there... :wink:

Nowt wrong with Lorraine Kelly. :D

Swap her for Trisha and I'm on your side. :)

Paul
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

andymackem wrote:Jeff Brazier is slightly famous for playing football for Canvey Island FC. Who are a moderately famous non-league football team.
You learn something every day! :notworthy: I have at least heard of the team. :lol: I'll modify my claim then; he's most famous for shagging Jade.
andymackem wrote:And, to be fair, many famous names from history owe their reputation to deeds so unspeakably that us mere mortals couldn't contemplate doing them ourselves.

I'd put shagging Jade several leagues beyond the labours of Hercules or slaying the Minotaur. If Perseus had shagged Medusa I'd be more impressed with his courage.
;D Fair point. Although I would contend that we're never likely to know what the actual deeds were of any historical figures behind the mythological characters of Herakles, Theseus, or Perseus.
—Bertrand Russell
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Actuality v myth is true enough. I just couldn't resist the opportunity to link Jade with Medusa.
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

D'oh! Straight over my head! Image
—Bertrand Russell
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Well, meerkats aren't the tallest I suppose :wink: