Guilty Foot-Tapping

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

:urff: I alarm myself sometimes.

Today I was watching the telly, as you do, flicking through the music channels, as you do... when I found myself listening to (and, dare I say it, ENJOYING) "Alive and Kicking" by Simple Minds.

I knew it was wrong... but it felt so right... and before I knew it, my buckle boots were a-twitching, tapping along to the music. :oops:

It's not the first time something like this has happened. I try and try, but I can't bring myself to dislike INXS either. I hear that little hook in that "I've got to let you know" song, and I'm off. Nodding like a grandad. :lol:

What have you guiltily swayed around to in your time? Own up!
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

I don't feel guilt. I let others feel embarrassed for me.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
canon docre
Overbomber

"I'm Blue (...Dabadi)" Eiffel 65. cheapest euro-trash.
I even convinced myself, that their use of tacky 3D-animation in the vid was somehow on a meta-meta-level meant as an ironic commentary....

.... but I still love the song. :twisted:
rian
Slight Overbomber

I don't wear boots in my house!
I think someone set my soul alight
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

guilty feet have no rhythm, anyway
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Big Si
School Bully

boudicca wrote::urff: I alarm myself sometimes.

Today I was watching the telly, as you do, flicking through the music channels, as you do... when I found myself listening to (and, dare I say it, ENJOYING) "Alive and Kicking" by Simple Minds.

I knew it was wrong... but it felt so right... and before I knew it, my buckle boots were a-twitching, tapping along to the music. :oops:
Now't wrong with the 'minds, they're a good bunch of tims! :D

As for me it'll be Ozone :twisted: (you can't beat a bit of Pop Eurotrash e.g. :notworthy: Eddy Wally :notworthy: )
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

boudicca wrote::urff: I alarm myself sometimes.

It's not the first time something like this has happened. I try and try, but I can't bring myself to dislike INXS either. I hear that little hook in that "I've got to let you know" song, and I'm off. Nodding like a grandad. :lol:

What have you guiltily swayed around to in your time? Own up!

OK I will guiltily confess that I have just about every Simple Minds album on vinylu up to and including New Gold Dream....

:eek:
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
Francis
Overbomber

New Gold Dream is a classic album. :notworthy:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

canon docre wrote:"I'm Blue (...Dabadi)" Eiffel 65. cheapest euro-trash.
I even convinced myself, that their use of tacky 3D-animation in the vid was somehow on a meta-meta-level meant as an ironic commentary....

.... but I still love the song. :twisted:
Never dance to techno, canon? Foot-tapping definitely counts. :lol:

Euro-trash is ace, in a blooody annoying way obviously. It helps if you dress it up as 'uplifting anthemic house', even though it remains cheesy euro-trash.

Scooter? Pants, but ace. That 'Come With Me', no idea who it's by, the one with the speedy(as in fast) girlie vocals - diabolical, but ace.

But it's when I find myself tapping along to t'young 'un's Busted cds that I really worry for my sanity. :eek: :urff: :innocent:
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Francis wrote:New Gold Dream is a classic album. :notworthy:
I heartily agree. The album with "This earth we walk upon" is ace too. At least it was when I listened to it twelve years ago.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

You lot are sacked :lol:
Francis
Overbomber

The Green Lantern wrote:The album with "This earth we walk upon" is ace too.
Sons and Fascination. Yeah that was when my mate first introduced me to them. I thought they went a bit too same-old-same-old after New Gold Dream though. Record company pressure to stick to a winning formula I guess. Early Gold demonstrates their musical progression really well I think.
Debaser
Overbomber

I read this thread with increasing alarmingness.

Simple Minds are a total and utter bag of wrongs....
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Debaser
Overbomber

and I have my fingers in my ears (and spare fingers over my eyes) so I shall not be listening/seeing any more of this nonsense.

;)
James Blast
Banned

as head of ents at Dundee Art School in 1979, I booked Simple Minds... to be continued if anyone's interested :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Debaser
Overbomber

were you dropped on your head, as a baby?
Francis
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:as head of ents at Dundee Art School in 1979, I booked Simple Minds... to be continued if anyone's interested :|
You were obviously a better Ents Sec than Andy Kershaw then.
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:as head of ents at Dundee Art School in 1979, I booked Simple Minds... to be continued if anyone's interested :|
Very much so.

Paul
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
canon docre
Overbomber

FFS Dave wrote:
Never dance to techno, canon? Foot-tapping definitely counts.
If we agree on "Blue", I'll happily come over to your Techno Bus and dance for you on Mera Luna. :lol: :lol:

Debaser wrote:
Simple Minds are a total and utter bag of wrongs....
You are so right.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

I'd best agree then, hadn't I? :lol: :wink:

Bit slow for me, in all truth. Definitely scores well in the annoying stakes though. :wink:
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
straylight
Amphetamine Filth

emilystrange wrote:guilty feet have no rhythm, anyway
:lol: :notworthy:

I've given up being embarrassed, I just congratulate myself on being eclectic...

Never could stand those people who won't give an opinion on a song till they know who it's by.
ruffers
Overbomber

What straylight said, there are no guilty pleasures in music, just pleasures. One of the benefits of getting older in my case is that "cool" becomes less and less of a factor - I even bought Robert Downey Junior's album for the girlfriend the other day from a shop instead of online.

I have no shame :lol:
Chucking another log on
silk
Road Kill

Arrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!
I now have simple minds running round my head - you evil, evil people, they are almost as bad as Deacon Blue - Nooooooooooo - I've done it again
on reflection, being born turned out not to be such a good idea after all
Big Si
School Bully

silk wrote:Arrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!
I now have simple minds running round my head - you evil, evil people, they are almost as bad as Deacon Blue - Nooooooooooo - I've done it again
:notworthy:

Deacon Blue :urff: / Aztec Camera :urff:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
silk
Road Kill

could be worse I suppose, there is always runrig - luckily my brain is not able to hold songs such as theirs and am thus immune to getting hooked on them
on reflection, being born turned out not to be such a good idea after all