Manchester United No More

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Who cares about Man U :lol: :lol: The big game takes place in 20 minutes on Sky sports 1.............Monkey Hangers v Tranmere
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
aims
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: Liverpool revival? Keep telling yourself that. See you on Thursdays on Channel 5.

You finished below Everton :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
Revival - noun - "Returning to how it always was" :innocent:

Seems somewhat ironic that Liverpool being banned from Europe due to Heysel was the best thing that ever happened to them (since we were too) :evil:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

at the end of the day(jumpers for goalposts etc.);-

previous hero(ph1) transfers to new club:instant disavowal of ph1 and burning of related merchandise

previous hero of arch enemy(ph2) transfers to your team:instant p*ss-take at expense of arch-enemy's fans(if you know any);instant (albeit kept to yourself)deification of ph2

same applies for managers.why not the moneymen?just 'cause he appears to have bought the club without having but the fleetingest of interets in fitba'(in which case the devil in me insists MUFC probably the best team to start with)doesn't mean he's not gonna play it the same as he plays his other businesses...presumably hes a better businessman than any of us or we wouldn't be having this conversation...we'ld be buying our own football teams.

...and anything that pisses the mancs off is fine by me anyway :twisted:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Although I have a healthy zero interest in all things football, I find this story hilarious! You cannot put yourself up for sale and then complain when someone you don't like comes along and snaps you up FFS! What planet are those supporters with the 'not for sale' signs on?......Errr, yes, you WERE for sale!...and you got bought....deal with it.
spartacus mills
Amphetamine Filth

Motz wrote: Revival - noun - "Returning to how it always was" :innocent:
noun
1 an improvement in the condition, strength, or popularity of something. (OUP)

noun
1 [C or U] when something becomes more active or popular again (Cambridge).

Liverpool's league form has been dire and we deserve to finish below Everton this year. However, class will out. We are in the CL final.The bluenoses will be an utter embarrassment in Europe.
The likelihood is that Everton won't get through the qualifiers, probably losing to someone like the runners-up from Israel or Azerbaijan.
The will probably prompt UEFA to reduce the number of Premiership qualifying places from 4 to 3 in future seasons.

Their squad won't be able to cope with fighting in both Europe and the Premiership. They will finish far below 4th position next season.
Enjoy it while it lasts!