Grandads corner

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Francis
Overbomber

Pull up a whippet. Mine's a pint of mixed. Hearts are trumps. I was having a Genesis moment earlier and came to the conclusion that One For The Vine is basically Firth Of Fifth with different lyrics. James?
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Wish I could join in - makes me feel like lighting up a briar pipe (not that I smoke) - but I don't know any Genesis well enough to comment :D
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
Thea
Overbomber

Not quite ready for grandading.... did find out a few hours ago I'm going to be an auntie again in december :D

/me starts knitting booties...
culprit
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

One for the vine is a different animal to firth of fifth...

Firth of fifth was a typical early genesis song where there's a beginning, a middle and end within the [admittedly long] song , whereas one for the vine is starting the new direction of playing for the enjoyment of making good sounds...
or at least that's my take... :?
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
James Blast
Banned

Francis!
we (us of the EBG persuaison) all know that when Ped Gabs left, it was game over

you silly man
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
culprit

...and i'm not a grandad yet...
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

I didn't wamt to embarass him. :roll:

Having the definative JB collection. :innocent:

Presumably you're not answering PMs :?:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
James Blast
Banned

culprit wrote:...and i'm not a grandad yet...
so whit ye daein in here Man?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Loki

James Blast wrote:
culprit wrote:...and i'm not a grandad yet...
so whit ye daein in here Man?
Oh, good point. I'll fcuk off as well and leave you old codgers to it.
Francis
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Francis!
we (us of the EBG persuaison) all know that when Ped Gabs left, it was game over

you silly man
I'm loud and proud not to be EBG then, cos Windf And Wuthering and Trick Of The Tail are my favourites, but then that might just ne the slight age difference. :innocent:

Go and compare the two tracks I mentioned without prejudice. I think you'll see what I mean.
culprit

alright, i'll pretend i am! :lol:
Ido love selling england/lamb above all others if that's any good!
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
Francis
Overbomber

Loki wrote:Presumably you're not answering PMs :?:
Ye talking ta me, Jimmy?
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

culprit wrote:One for the vine is a different animal to firth of fifth...

Firth of fifth was a typical early genesis song where there's a beginning, a middle and end within the [admittedly long] song , whereas one for the vine is starting the new direction of playing for the enjoyment of making good sounds...
or at least that's my take... :?
It's a long time since I listened to One For The Vine and I don't see any great connection to Firth Of Fifth, but I'll need to listen again to check. Iincidentally, Re-genesis do a great live reproduction of the latter, including the long piano intro :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Bar the voice, they've got everything right. Funnily enough, when I went to see them with a friend, we looked by far the youngest ones there, so perhaps I shouldn't be posting here in the first place :)
James Blast
Banned

Loki wrote:Presumably you're not answering PMs :?:
talk to the Boss or Apple Computer, strange things are afoot at Chateau B'last, to be continued....

38 edits to get ths post right :|
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

@ Andrew S
aren't The Musical Box supposed to be the better Genesis trib?
~ Peter Steele
Francis
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:38 edits to get ths post right :|
But have ye compared Vine with Firth yet? I'm listening to Even In The Quietest Moments, just ta wind ye up a bit more. :lol:

I feel the need for a proper p*ss-up over the border. :twisted:
Loki

Just been to dig it out ...

"Play me my song
Here it comes again ..."

Musical Box will forever be in my top five. Along with Alice, Aneurysm, Common People and The End. :von:
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:@ Andrew S
aren't The Musical Box supposed to be the better Genesis trib?
I've not heard them yet so I can't comment. There were 3 bands dong the rounds last Autumn - those 2 and a third called In The Cage. Apparently Re-genesis are the only one endorsed by Gabriel - they get to borrow some of the old costumes for their sets but The Musical Box seem to have their fair share of props as well.

I've just been nosing around their sites. In The Cage are playing the Renfrew Ferry on 20 June. Do you fancy going along Mr Blast? Re-genesis are playing the entire set from Seconds Out on their next autumn tour and will also be playing at the Renfrew Ferry. We just missed The Musical Box's 30th anniversary tour damnit! They did The Lamb as well :(

http://www.re-genesis.net/
http://www.themusicalbox.net/
http://www.inthecage.co.uk/
James Blast
Banned

'fraid I can't do a contrast and compare Francis as I only have it on cassette and I consigned them to the loft recently

Renfrew Ferry, 20 June, I'll be there Image
~ Peter Steele
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:'fraid I can't do a contrast and compare Francis as I only have it on cassette and I consigned them to the loft recently

Renfrew Ferry, 20 June, I'll be there Image
Sorry for the typo. That should have been 10th June, which suits me better cos chances are I'll get totally legless and I don't want to see U2 on the 21st with a hangover.