I ate soup made that KLF man

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Yes, it's true. Although Tartu (an Estonian town) isn't situatued on the soup line ( http://www.penkiln-burn.com/jobs/job07.html ) he - Bill Drummond from KLF - was there this Friday night, making soup for everyone. Was a nice event but I have eaten a better tasting soup.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

"Last Pikk To Trancentral". :innocent: :roll:

Did you feel like dancing for a very long time after you had eaten it...? :wink:
And being EVERYONE'S friend?
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
pikkrong
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:"Last Pikk To Trancentral". :innocent: :roll:

Did you feel like dancing for a very long time after you had eaten it...? :wink:
And being EVERYONE'S friend?
nothing like that.
it was just:

Bill Drummond's Make Soup project
at Prima Vista Literature Festival, Tartu
6 May 2005 at 20:00
Tartu University Old Cafe

Bill Drummond visits Tartu for the Prima Vista literature festival and makes soup to people starting at 20.00 on 6 May at the Tartu University old cafe. The evening is part of his crazy Make Soup project that has taken him and John Hirst already to various public places and people's homes in the UK to make soup to anybody who lives by a line drawn across the British Isles. Come and see the former KLF member talk about Make Soup and taste some soup!
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

:eek:

Ah, well. The man's go to do something I suppose :roll: ;D
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Mrs. Snowey wrote::eek:

Well, he burnt all his money didn't he (or am I having a senior moment?) so the next move would be the soup kitchens :D
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
James Blast
Banned

no senior moment Alice
Drummond is a mad bastard - FACT!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Black Alice wrote: Well, he burnt all his money didn't he (or am I having a senior moment?) so the next move would be the soup kitchens :D
Sounds like me may have burnt the soup as well.
James Blast
Banned

'me' or 'he' AS?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
allfear

KLF - How to burn a million quid Anyone remember seeing that on the telly, they had this great idea of burning a million, videoing it, transfering the video footage to film and then selling frames of film for a quid a pop!

Matt
Mrs. Snowey

Ah, but wasn't it a batch of notes that the Old Lady of Threadneedle Street was going to dispose of anyway? Bet they never included any footage of the security geezers making sure the KLF didn't <ahem> recycle it in other ways 8)
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Mrs. Snowey wrote:Ah, but wasn't it a batch of notes that the Old Lady of Threadneedle Street was going to dispose of anyway? Bet they never included any footage of the security geezers making sure the KLF didn't <ahem> recycle it in other ways 8)
Ah - that would make more sense! I thought it was their own hard-earned cash (yes that naive :lol:)
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
Mrs. Snowey

Nah, they wouldn't have earned that much in the first place :lol:

"Doctorin' the Footage" anyone? :lol:
James Blast
Banned

never trust a 'situationist'
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

now that I think about it - Never, Ever!!!!
~ Peter Steele
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

James Blast wrote:never trust a 'situationist'
Never again :D
pikkrong
Overbomber

Black Alice wrote:
Mrs. Snowey wrote::eek:

Well, he burnt all his money didn't he (or am I having a senior moment?) so the next move would be the soup kitchens :D
Not all his money, only a million :innocent:
pikkrong
Overbomber

By the way, could any good mod correct the typo in the title of the topic :oops:
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:'me' or 'he' AS?
Both come to think of it. I've burnt soup on most of the few occasions I've gone to the effort of making it :( Even after following Eva's recipe for pumpkin soup, the result was so bad I had to flush the whole lot down the lavvy. If I wasn't such a bad chef, I'd blame the recipe :roll:
pikkrong
Overbomber

Just one thought crossed my mind - maybe Eldritch is also involved in some cooking-affair most of the time? But then - what kind of soup could he make? ;D ;D ;D
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

I emailed Mr Drummond asking him to come and make me some soup sometime last year (when I was living in Nottingham and so very definitely on his soup line). He never replied. :(

I do have a 5mm square section of his photograph "A Smell of Money Underground" (clicky, though, mounted on authentification certificate signed by Drummond.
Last edited by lazarus corporation on 15 May 2005, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
pikkrong
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:I emailed Mr drummond asking him to come and make me some soup sometime last year (when I was living in Nottingham and so very definitely on his soup line). He never replied. :(
Liar!!! :evil:
He promised to come back to Estonia the next year and (if he will come and not lie again) I'll ask about it.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

pikkrong wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote:I emailed Mr drummond asking him to come and make me some soup sometime last year (when I was living in Nottingham and so very definitely on his soup line). He never replied. :(
Liar!!! :evil:
He promised to come back to Estonia the next year and (if he will come and not lie again) I'll ask about it.
in my email from Feb 28th 2004 I wrote:Hi

I live in Nottingham

I'd like some soup. To be accurate, I'd like some vegan soup. No animal products, thank you.

Will you come to Nottingham and make me some?

Cheers

Paul
(recorded here: http://www.lazaruscorporation.co.uk/v4/ ... rchive.php )
James Blast
Banned

Drummond is a Jock, therefore all soup contains animal bits ;D
~ Peter Steele
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

James Blast wrote:Drummond is a Jock, therefore all soup contains animal bits ;D
ah yes - that would explain his reticence to take up my challenge.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

WHOOPS!

Just realised... I meant "Last RONG to Trancentral"... :roll: :wink:

Now I shall berate myself over my poor grasp of Estonian... :oops:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets