The Heartland Not-So-Festive 50 Albums

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
ruffers
Overbomber

Nope.

I'd forgotten about it to be honest.. :innocent:
Chucking another log on
James Blast
Banned

I stick by mine! :twisted:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

James Blast wrote:I stick by mine! :twisted:
Ah, so you've chosen your favourite albums to last until eternity and after ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

Obviousman wrote:
'fraid so Obviousman I will be 47 this summer afterall, lemme know how you feel when you get to that age Image
I am lovin' Bert Plant's new album though :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

James Blast wrote:
Obviousman wrote:
'fraid so Obviousman I will be 47 this summer afterall, lemme know how you feel when you get to that age Image
Oh my god - I'll have to stop drinking - I've only now clicked that you mean robert plant :oops:
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

James Blast wrote:
Obviousman wrote:
Awrite :D I will keep you informed, by then we'll all be overage rockers, the older ones even sitting in a wheelchair down in some old people's home saying Oh, put on *fill in any hard rock song* again!, and try to shake the Parkinson trembles along the beat :lol: :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Obviousman wrote:
James Blast wrote:
Obviousman wrote: Ah, so you've chosen your favourite albums to last until eternity and after ;D
Awrite :D I will keep you informed, by then we'll all be overage rockers, the older ones even sitting in a wheelchair down in some old people's home saying Oh, put on *fill in any hard rock song* again!, and try to shake the Parkinson trembles along the beat :lol: :lol:
Oh what a lovely image :lol:
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
James Blast
Banned

Sadly, such are the ages of women and men, it comes to us all.
Handle it and be upfront.
I think its called 'Life and how to live it'.

maybe not...
~ Peter Steele
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

James Blast wrote:Sadly, such are the ages of women and men, it comes to us all.
Handle it and be upfront.
I think its called 'Life and how to live it'.

maybe not...
I think that it may be time to start storing up some good non-prescription drugs and spend the last years in another world. Aldous Huxley had the right idea :lol: (Is that right? Was it Huxley who took acid when he was dying? - what a way to go :eek: ).
James Blast
Banned

Yup, his wife injected him with some of the old lysergic diethylamide as he was croaking. Not a bad way to go, I guess?
~ Peter Steele
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

James Blast wrote:Yup, his wife injected him with some of the old lysergic diethylamide as he was croaking. Not a bad way to go, I guess?
Well, lets hope it kicked in before he shuffled off the mortal coil - otherwise, what a waste!

Also - lets hope is was a nice batch :urff:
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I do believe "Bert" Plant is on t'telly next week - on that Jools Holland Plinkety Plonk Show 8)
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
James Blast
Banned

Bert was on Radio 2 tonight, in concert, I was on the patio (slap me) finishing off Stuart Maconie's Cider With Roadies and polishing off a damn nice Australian Cab. Sauv. s**t happens :cry:
~ Peter Steele
DerekR
Doobie Brother

James Blast wrote:Bert was on Radio 2 tonight, in concert, I was on the patio (slap me) finishing off Stuart Maconie's Cider With Roadies and polishing off a damn nice Australian Cab. Sauv. s**t happens :cry:
I caught some of it at work, you didnae miss much IMO. Interestingly, the new stuff sounded far better than the Zep stuff he did.

I wasnae really listening that closely mind
ruffers
Overbomber

Black Alice wrote:
James Blast wrote:Yup, his wife injected him with some of the old lysergic diethylamide as he was croaking. Not a bad way to go, I guess?
Well, lets hope it kicked in before he shuffled off the mortal coil - otherwise, what a waste!

The potential for a bad experience here is frightening :? I'm sure dying isn't fun at the best of times, but on a bad one?

Blimey.
Chucking another log on
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

ruffers wrote:
Black Alice wrote:

The potential for a bad experience here is frightening :? I'm sure dying isn't fun at the best of times, but on a bad one?

Blimey.
Exactly :urff: I've never had a bad one but I can remember some that were quite disturbing and I don't think I would want that to be the last experience!
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i may well be wrong(you know i believe that :innocent: )but i read he'ld lost conciousness before she banged him up.so saying,even once you're technically dead it takes a few minutes before the brain-stem(the last bit to go)dies;so i reckon any affect experienced would probably have been in a dream-state.
seeing as your brain downloads s**t-load of "nice" ,morphine-esque endorphins at the point of death[source-my mate Dean who was 80% decapitated in a car-crash,had his head literally stapled back on,and "died" three times]and Huxley was no stranger to LSD it probably didnt touch the sides...so yeah,a complete waste :lol:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: [source-my mate Dean who was 80% decapitated in a car-crash,had his head literally stapled back on,and "died" three times]
:eek: Wow
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

you should his mars-bar,it frightens small children!actually hes got one of the best outlooks on life and dying of anyone i've met.it wasn't his fault either and the p*ss-taking cnuts in the judiciary thought it was worth all of forty grand compo!
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
ruffers
Overbomber

Close date 25th May
Today's date 6th June

Still counting? There can't have been that many votes surely?
Chucking another log on
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Not been any votes for well over a month.

Winners:

With 5 votes:

ImageImageImage

With 3 votes:

ImageImageImage

With 2 votes:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

And about 50 other albums that only got one vote, and thus no picture of them will be displayed.
christophe
Overbomber

congrats for me for not voting and still having my favorit on nr 1 - 1 and 3 8)
Another Shade of You.
Andie
Overbomber

mmm

there's only three albums that made it into the post above that i don't have...(Closer, Henry's Dream and Dark Side of the Moon)

and of those that i do have...i wouldn't have voted for them anyways :lol:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.