Sin City!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Big Si
School Bully

http://www.sincitythemovie.com/

Went to see "Revenge of the Sith" last night, got home at 2am, couldn't sleep so stayed up and watched a pirate DVD of this that my mate found "doon the barras" and lent me earlier in the evening.

:eek: :notworthy: 8) What a movie! 8) :notworthy: :eek:

:D Cannae wait to see it on the big screen!

p.s. Jessica Alba :P :oops:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
christophe
Overbomber

p.s. Jessica Alba
I know and looking forward to it as well :P
Another Shade of You.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

aye, i saw that trailor at the flicks yesterday too - looks very cool indeed :von: :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Big Si
School Bully

Quiff Boy wrote:aye, i saw that trailor at the flicks yesterday too - looks very cool indeed :von: :notworthy:
If you've read and love the "graphic" novels, then you'll love the film. They're working on a sequel too! ("A Dame to Kill for" - which is a stoater of a storyline!)
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt - literally! "Sin City" *ROCKED*!!! I knew nothing about it before seeing it; conversely, the buddy of mine who organized the little group field trip to see it had read all of the comic books, and was very, very pleased with the movie rendition. I loathe violence, yet it was done in such a stylized manner in the film that I got WAY into it. Yikes! :wink: :twisted:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

someone told me about that film yesterdat and I am looking forward to it also. got Star Wars tickets for sunday though!! :D
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Saw it on a pirate DVD a week ago (I don't do cinemas ) - brilliant :notworthy:
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

This post got me interested and having seen the TV ads, it was a quick call to the ex-wife (commercial manager for a well know video rental chain) and lo and behold, a promo copy will deposit through my letterbox tomorrow. Promos are the same quality as the finished article and without the previews but with a clock running at the top of the screen. The kids have brought so many round on weekends you just ignore the clock.

As ex-wife said "You were the first person I thought of when I first viewed this. But, it is awesome if that's your thing. Which yours, I know is"

I'll take that as a compliment then, shall I? 8)
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Loki wrote:This post got me interested and having seen the TV ads, it was a quick call to the ex-wife (commercial manager for a well know video rental chain) and lo and behold, a promo copy will deposit through my letterbox tomorrow. Promos are the same quality as the finished article and without the previews but with a clock running at the top of the screen. The kids have brought so many round on weekends you just ignore the clock.

As ex-wife said "You were the first person I thought of when I first viewed this. But, it is awesome if that's your thing. Which yours, I know is"

I'll take that as a compliment then, shall I? 8)
Ummmm....yes :roll:
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
not lost but gone before
Road Kill

I'm lucky enough to have a ticket for the London premiere on Monday! :D :D :D
not lost but gone before...
The Pope
Amphetamine Filth

I saw it about a month ago in the theater...

Super cool. Wouldn't it be awesome if the world were really in black and white?
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

The Pope wrote:I saw it about a month ago in the theater...

Super cool. Wouldn't it be awesome if the world were really in black and white?
As much as I love Film Noir and, indeed, Frank Miller's Sin City, you just can't do that perfect sunset (or sunrise) in black and white.

Oh, and von would have no pretty lights on stage. :!:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

for some reason i thought that the film wasn't anything to do with the comics.glad to be put right;and to hear that it'ld been done well(an oft rare thing for comic/film translation-i'ld have gone to see "Constantine" but i couldn't bear the idea of him having an american accent.made me dread what else had suffered for the hollywood $.

and i agree with you,Big Si,"a dame to kill for" is a fine story;definitely the best idea for a sequel(absolutely nothing to do with the effect that would have on the value of the original mini series in mint condition which i happen to own :innocent: (
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:for some reason i thought that the film wasn't anything to do with the comics.glad to be put right;and to hear that it'ld been done well(an oft rare thing for comic/film translation-i'ld have gone to see "Constantine" but i couldn't bear the idea of him having an american accent.made me dread what else had suffered for the hollywood $.
Everything I've heard about "Constantine" - the film adaptation of the rather marvellous Hellblazer - is just wrong, wrong, WRONG.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

@anyone who's seen SC. How cool is Mickey Rourke? I'd see a film just cos he's in it.

War fo the Worlds looks like a gooden as well.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

lazarus corporation wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:for some reason i thought that the film wasn't anything to do with the comics.glad to be put right;and to hear that it'ld been done well(an oft rare thing for comic/film translation-i'ld have gone to see "Constantine" but i couldn't bear the idea of him having an american accent.made me dread what else had suffered for the hollywood $.
Everything I've heard about "Constantine" - the film adaptation of the rather marvellous Hellblazer - is just wrong, wrong, WRONG.
Exactly.....I mean......Keanu "dude" Reeves :eek: what were they thinking..... dollars obviously plus never having even looked inside the covers of the amazing Hellblazer :evil:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Black Alice wrote:.I mean......Keanu "dude" Reeves :eek: what were they thinking...
But...but...he's so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute! ;D *Hides* :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
not lost but gone before
Road Kill

Just got back from the London prem screening of the film and well...i was blown away. It is a very, very good film. Recommended. :D
not lost but gone before
Road Kill

and the after show party was kicking...Mickey Rourke holding court. Rosario Dawson... :notworthy: Jessica Alba :notworthy: :notworthy: Brittany Murphy :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

One drunk fellow very happy tonite...

Oh and Madge and Guy turned up and left before the film ended...fools.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

It's a hard life, eh not lost? Surprised we're good enough for you... :twisted: