The Heartland Effect

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

andymackem wrote:Besides, I thought this was going to be a thread about the on-going successes of the Heartland dating agency.
I'm sure I don't know what you mean...:innocent:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Quiff Boy wrote:i'm with andymackem on this - maybe i should enforce neutering at the time of registration? :lol:
:eek: - can I just promise not to breed :urff:
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
Andie
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:
Burn wrote:they're so far behind the rest of the world when it comes to music they still think it's 1987
Are you *quite* mad? :eek: Have you been to the sodding U.S. lately? Good lord. :roll:
Sorry for not mentioning the truely awe inspiring crap that American radio plays at the moment...

may i just say one other thing to further infuriate you?...

Def Lepard...quality Sheffield band :wink: :lol: :innocent:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Andie
Overbomber

Shadow_Smile wrote:
Burn wrote:
boudicca wrote: Finally...? FINALLY?? Where have you been the last few years, man? :lol: :roll:
errr...mainland europe... :wink: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:

they're so far behind the rest of the world when it comes to music they still think it's 1987...

er...welcome to the jungle :lol:

:innocent:
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeej :eek:

Do I look like a Jungle boy ? :roll:
Um...Tarzan?...nope...

Mowgli the mancub?...mmm...maybe! :lol:

:urff:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

markfiend wrote: Stephenson came out as gay
@ Mark - I deliberately left that 'fact' out from my original post.

Deepcut? Fear of Deepcut?
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Debaser wrote:
Loki wrote:

Cardiff bound, :innocent:
Ahhhhh the whole of Lincoln seem to be going on Sat - so that's the day I'll venture forth into town and do some shopping.
Meet you in Planet Of Sound at three. :lol:

*goes back to his work*
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

You can't imagine how pleased I am that someone else is doing our Southend coverage this weekend.

The prospect of watching two games where teams who weren't quite good enough over the previous nine months try to claim an undeserved reward for their mediocrity would drive me to utter distraction.

But I shall be keeping an eye on Lincoln's progress, without going anywhere near Planet of Sound (!?)
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
straylight
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:i'm with andymackem on this - maybe i should enforce neutering at the time of registration? :lol:
Wouldn't make much difference to some of us... :cry:
Batfish
Road Kill

Is the coverage the result of an attempt in the media to develop another moral panic?

Mods and rockers, punk, new age travellers, ravers, new age travellers and ravers getting together and having parties, single mothers, illegal immigrants, youths in hooded tops... All have threatened the very fabric of our society at one time or other.

Original goth never generated all that much disgust in the media.

NME being nasty about Skeletal Family never really counted.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Batfish wrote:Is the coverage the result of an attempt in the media to develop another moral panic?

Mods and rockers, punk, new age travellers, ravers, new age travellers and ravers getting together and having parties, single mothers, illegal immigrants, youths in hooded tops... All have threatened the very fabric of our society at one time or other.

Original goth never generated all that much disgust in the media.

don't forget "nod corner" :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Batfish wrote:
It did if you were Skeletal Family. :cry: ;D
Batfish
Road Kill

boudicca wrote:
Batfish wrote:
It did if you were Skeletal Family. :cry: ;D
I never felt their output of surly, workmanlike trad-goth ever suffered as a result, though.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Batfish
Road Kill

Oh, yes, Nods corner: I was reminded of that while watching the 'revelations' etc... DVD the other night. Kind of makes it harder to maintain the suspension of disbelief required for pleasurable Neph-watching. Or adds to the pleasure. There are two ways to enjoy the Nephilim.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Loki wrote:
markfiend wrote: Stephenson came out as gay
@ Mark - I deliberately left that 'fact' out from my original post.
Oops, missed that...
Loki wrote:Deepcut? Fear of Deepcut?
Wot? Does that mean you agree with my analysis then? :?:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Batfish wrote:
I never felt their output of surly, workmanlike trad-goth ever suffered as a result, though.
Indeed. :von:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

andymackem wrote:But I shall be keeping an eye on Lincoln's progress, without going anywhere near Planet of Sound (!?)
Just an in-joke sorta thang with Debaser and I. We both know the owner of the shop, and I spend hours at weekends hanging out there just talking about random bands. I'm usually one his only customers on Saturdays out of about.. 5? 6? He does most of his trading on eBay, you see..

(Just a plug here, he's got WYDSM 12" for sale on eBay, his name's "subtoy" on there)
Debaser
Overbomber

Dark wrote:
andymackem wrote:But I shall be keeping an eye on Lincoln's progress, without going anywhere near Planet of Sound (!?)
Just an in-joke sorta thang with Debaser and I. We both know the owner of the shop, and I spend hours at weekends hanging out there just talking about random bands. I'm usually one his only customers on Saturdays out of about.. 5? 6? He does most of his trading on eBay, you see..

(Just a plug here, he's got WYDSM 12" for sale on eBay, his name's "subtoy" on there)
Ahhhh 'subtoy'...a nod to his old band.

I may saunter over to see Vince at some point in the next week (YAAAAAAY fer holidays) as I need to get a drum skin and drum sticks framed and it's sort of nearby.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Debaser wrote:Ahhhh 'subtoy'...a nod to his old band.

I may saunter over to see Vince at some point in the next week (YAAAAAAY fer holidays) as I need to get a drum skin and drum sticks framed and it's sort of nearby.
Yep, the Suburban Toys. Didn't mention I saw the Subhumans the other day, and The Eccentrics (his current band) were supporting.