Bye, Norge !!!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Delilah
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

At Olso Airport... my trip is coming to the end... Norway is beautiful and I am sure I will be back! If you are thinking about going there (highly reccommended) here are some tips:
1. You cannot get any alcohol after 6 pm in the shops (it is of course still possible in pubs/bars but expect to pay about 60-80 kroner - roughly 6-8 GBP - for a pint)
2. Don't expect to find a restaurant that sells traditional Norwegian food and is reasonably priced. Solo is full of MAcDonalds, Burger Kings, Italian Pizza places - full of fast food basically...
3. Go on the boat cruise - the fjords ARE amazing, you should not miss that!
4. Go to VigelandPark, Vikinship Museum and Kontiki Museum
5. OSlo PAss - really worth buying - free public transport and entry fees to loads of museums
6. Doks/harbour at night - essential and beautiful!
7. Bydgoy with its beautiful beaches and woods, if it is sunny you should really go there!!!
8. Some places on the outskirts of Oslo - forgot the names but my Norwegian friend has shown me a few places that don,t look like a city at all - forests, lakes, wildlife etc.
9. Nightlife - LOADS of rock bars with great music and beautiful people!
10. Last one... take your credit card, your spare credit card, your mum's credit card, your dad'd credit card, your spouse's credit card - you WILL need it!!!! ;D ;D

Anyway, have to go back to boring Devon now :cry:
Photos soon!!!
rian
Slight Overbomber

Have a safe flight home
I think someone set my soul alight
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Pretty good innit?

Glad you had a good time D! :D 8)
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

feeling slightly jealous I have to say D - cant wait for the photos! 8)
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

HOWMUCHFORAPINT?!
Andie
Overbomber

timsinister wrote:HOWMUCHFORAPINT?!

thats just wrong...bet they don't have binge drinking tho :innocent: :wink:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Sex Dwarf
Road Kill

Yeah! The prices in Norway are insane!!! Come to Sweden instead, even nicer (can't beat the fjords tho) and much cheaper beer... :)
If you think too long about your next step you will spend your life on one leg.
Delilah

Sex Dwarf wrote:Yeah! The prices in Norway are insane!!! Come to Sweden instead, even nicer (can't beat the fjords tho) and much cheaper beer... :)
yeah, that's my plan! My daughter is 1/4 Swedish so she has some family over there! AND I have a Swedish surname, so we just have to go there next! I am in love with Scandinavia, shame that all your languages seem so difficult to learn :wink: And I ahve been thinking - if Eldritch loves water so much he should move to Norway! Oslo would be perfect for him!!!
I'm back in sunny but dull Devon now, now need to calculate my losses ;D 8) , but luckily have saved a lot on accommodation - it's nice to have friends in various countries - now I'm expecting Vikings' invasion of Devon :lol:

@Boudicca - I really want to go to Bergen in the future - the pics of that town seem amazing!!!! 8)
Delilah

timsinister wrote:HOWMUCHFORAPINT?!
EXACTLY!!!! :evil: :lol: :lol:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

http://photobucket.com/albums/y117/pain ... enview.jpg

Bergen on a s**t cold day in early April. Can you imagine how stunning it must be now? :D
Sex Dwarf
Road Kill

Delilah wrote:
Sex Dwarf wrote:Yeah! The prices in Norway are insane!!! Come to Sweden instead, even nicer (can't beat the fjords tho) and much cheaper beer... :)
yeah, that's my plan! My daughter is 1/4 Swedish so she has some family over there! AND I have a Swedish surname, so we just have to go there next! I am in love with Scandinavia, shame that all your languages seem so difficult to learn :wink:
Sounds great! What is your swedish surname, if i may ask?
And i can send you a casette "How to lears swedish in 2 weeks" if you want to? It's not that hard... :wink:
Swedish, norwegian and danish are basically the same, but finnish are a bit more complexed. :roll: :D
http://photobucket.com/albums/y117/pain ... enview.jpg

Bergen on a s**t cold day in early April. Can you imagine how stunning it must be now? Very Happy
Ohhh.. nice pictures! Looks like you had a good time in Bergen! Have not been there myself, but i've heard it is a really nice city.
If you think too long about your next step you will spend your life on one leg.
Delilah

1st part of the photos... have loads more but the rest needs to be censored :wink: http://usera.imagecave.com/gothgrl/norge1/
Delilah

Sex Dwarf wrote:
Sounds great! What is your swedish surname, if i may ask?
PM, will not put in on the Public Forum :wink:
And i can send you a casette "How to lears swedish in 2 weeks" if you want to? It's not that hard... :wink:
I have to admit... I tried it once at the Uni back in pland coz it was compulsory for a year. And I don't remember a bloody thing!!! ;D
Swedish, norwegian and danish are basically the same, but finnish are a bit more complexed. :roll: :D
Finnish is similar to Hungarian whereas Norwegian, Swedish and Dannish are Germanic I believe. I want to try to learn Norwegian though...
My daughter cannot speak a word in Swedish BTW (her Dad either), but she is struggling a bit with Polish too! Typical English girl! :? ;D
Delilah

boudicca wrote:http://photobucket.com/albums/y117/pain ... enview.jpg

Bergen on a s**t cold day in early April. Can you imagine how stunning it must be now? :D
STUNNING!!!! Next year I will visit Norway again... I hope to see Bergen, Stavanger, Lofoten and some places beyond the Arctic Circle!

Love the new avatar BTW!
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Is that a sailor I see ;)
Delilah

yeah. a cute Norske Marine boy... Unfortunately abot 10 years too young for me :twisted:
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I am quite jealous D :|
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Delilah wrote:I hope to see Bergen, Stavanger, Lofoten and some places beyond the Arctic Circle!
I only got a glimpse of Stavanger from the boat... :cry:

I'd love to have gone further north I must say. Maybe not in the kind if weather that there was at the time (there was a force 8 gale on the night we went back across the North Sea), but I think it would be amazing. 8) Bergen is really only the start of Fjord-country.