Men Who Drink Diet Soda

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
The Pope
Amphetamine Filth

I'm convinced that diet sodas are addictive. After a week of drinking Diet Pepsi I started craving it and needing it. Perhaps it's the artificial sweetener, aspartame, which apparently turns into formaldehyde at like 80 degrees Fahrenheit or something like that.

And with regular soda comes diabetes. There's just no winning :(.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

CorpPunk wrote: And no, the only men I've known who drank diet Coke/Pepsi compulsively were English.
Well I drink 3 or 4 cans of Diet Coke a day and I'm not English. I don't drink Diet Pepsi or Pepsi Max cos it's crap. Diet Irn Bru is very nice and actually causes me a high - I'm sure it must contain ephedrine or something, but it's useless for cider hangovers, where even keeping water down is an issue. Oh, and the worst possible advert for Diet Coke has to be:
http://theinternetforum.co.uk/bigbrothe ... john1.html
hallucienate
Overbomber

Johnny M wrote:
hallucienate wrote: note: JB mentioned here is not James Blast :innocent:
Git! :evil:

If you weren't 6' 5" and a goth ( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) in denial, we would be having some serious words.

But the 'JB' quote sounds very remeniscent of the Jack Nicholson Diner Scene fron 'Five Easy Pieces'? :?:
Jesus! Easy there John! It ain't even you either. It's yet another JB. :urff: Track 19 on the Tenacious D's album. (Tenacious D is Jack Black's band). Now take back that bit where you called me a wotchamacallit (no not tall). :roll: :roll:
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

hallucienate wrote:
Johnny M wrote:
hallucienate wrote: note: JB mentioned here is not James Blast :innocent:
Git! :evil:

If you weren't 6' 5" and a goth ( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) in denial, we would be having some serious words.

But the 'JB' quote sounds very remeniscent of the Jack Nicholson Diner Scene fron 'Five Easy Pieces'? :?:
Jesus! Easy there John! It ain't even you either. It's yet another JB. :urff: Track 19 on the Tenacious D's album. (Tenacious D is Jack Black's band). Now take back that bit where you called me a wotchamacallit (no not tall). :roll: :roll:
I just love the smell of Heartland confusion in the morning. :twisted: :innocent:

I'm sorry I called you a *cough* goth *cough* :wink:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I drink diet "soda" and I am not ashamed.

I've lost about 2 stone since I switched from "full fat" Pepsi to Pepsi-max :lol:

</terminal caffeine addict>
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

markfiend wrote:I drink diet "soda" and I am not ashamed.

I've lost about 2 stone since I switched from "full fat" Pepsi to Pepsi-max :lol:

</terminal caffeine addict>
Yeh, but you are a goth. :lol: :wink:

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol: Image
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

markfiend wrote::lol: Image
:lol: :notworthy:

mik
Chameleons Guru

andymackem wrote:But I was always ridiculously skinny. Such is life.
Me too. Don't have a sweet tooth at all, not even as a kid, so I've always been a pudding dodger. Don't eat sweets, although I get through a lot of mints in the car since I stopped smoking, and the only time I ever have pop is to dilute spirits and then its always full fat.

Have you ever had a gin and tonic with diet tonic? jesus hairy christ on a bike it's bad enough to make you voluntarily drink neat Taboo or that aftershock stuff just to get the taste out of your mouth :urff:
Something pithy.
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

I say "pop" too, but I thought I'd use the term soda cos it seems to be more universal.

Pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop.
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

The Pope wrote:Perhaps it's the artificial sweetener, aspartame, which apparently turns into formaldehyde at like 80 degrees Fahrenheit or something like that.

Is that true?

So if you take a couple cans of diet pepsi, heat them up to 80 degrees and drank them you could get high or die trying?

What is formaldehyde, exactly?
Thea
Overbomber

nick the stripper wrote:
The Pope wrote:Perhaps it's the artificial sweetener, aspartame, which apparently turns into formaldehyde at like 80 degrees Fahrenheit or something like that.

Is that true?

So if you take a couple cans of diet pepsi, heat them up to 80 degrees and drank them you could get high or die trying?

Embalming fluid. Or a terrorvision album.
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

d00mw0lf wrote:
nick the stripper wrote:

Is that true?

Embalming fluid. Or a terrorvision album.
Ah, I wont be trying that little experiment out then.
Thea
Overbomber

nice thing to have on the can though - "Warning! Heating pepsi may result in bradford-based rock bands"

It'd make me buy it :lol:
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

that's what keeps me looking so young
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

If it ain't got a percentage, it ain't coming in.
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

lazarus corporation wrote:
that's what keeps me looking so young
Yes - Bela Lugosi (or was it John Caradine (sp?)?....or possibly both) had a formaldehyde habit and he looked embalmed - although that was probably not harmful to his movie career :lol: :lol: :lol:
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
The Pope
Amphetamine Filth

nick the stripper wrote:

Is that true?

"When the temperature of Aspartame exceeds 86 degrees F, the wood alcohol ASPARTAME coverts to formaldehyde and then to formic acid, which in turn causes metabolic acidosis. (Formic acid is the poison found in the sting of fire ants). The methanol toxicity mimics multiple sclerosis; thus people are being diagnosed with having multiple sclerosis in error. The multiple sclerosis is not a death sentence, where methanol toxicity is."

I don't know if it's true...there are dozens of websites that say it is, however snopes.com begs to differ: http://www.snopes.com/toxins/aspartame.asp

I don't really trust the soda companies and I don't know who's behind snopes.com and who's paying whom off, etc.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

The Pope wrote:I don't really trust the soda companies and I don't know who's behind snopes.com and who's paying whom off, etc.
Ah, another conspiracy theo...sorry, hypothesis.
Scary thoughts...
boudicca
Sister Midnight

nick the stripper wrote:What is formaldehyde, exactly?
Let's just say when Von's not being wheeled around various dodgy Euro festivals bashing out ancient tunes... he's in his little jar.... :von: :innocent:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
_emma_
Overbomber

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gary
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

it also has a usefull effect.. but lets not go into that..
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Big Si wrote:You can't count Irn Bru (Diet or not) in with this!

It's a hangover cure! :|
Irn Bru is a much-maligned drink south of the border (and near impossible to buy outside of major cities and Corby).

and it's ferking lush;especially when hungover-the only mixer i can stand with vodka,barring oj.

but diet?hideous.aspartame central. :urff:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:Irn Bru is a much-maligned drink south of the border (and near impossible to buy outside of major cities and Corby).
They exported it to Russia... well it is a good mixer... :roll: ;D
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
scotty
Overbomber

Wish i'd stuck to diet coke last night instead of FAR to much cheep red wine!.Just out of bed ,thumpin' head,bad guts,pink teeth and a mouth like a winos jock strap :evil: !Diet coke will get my vote more in future! :lol:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"