Gift and the Ray/Vega demos

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

I'm looking for weeds of the James Ray and Vega demos for Floodland.

Does anyone know if they're up for reweeding and is Gift ever going to be put up for weeding?

Cheers

Josh
radiojamaica
Overbomber

nick the stripper wrote:I'm looking for weeds of the James Ray and Vega demos for Floodland.

... aren't we all... :innocent:
in dub we trust
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:
nick the stripper wrote:I'm looking for weeds of the James Ray and Vega demos for Floodland.

... aren't we all... :innocent:
:notworthy:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i'll never understand why people keep harping on about these, nor why they keep "requesting" them.

you wont get them. they're held by some as the holy grail of trading, mate. rare as rocking horse sh*t. if you did know someone with copies, it would take a lot more than a dozen "can i have one?"s to get them to part with them.

:roll:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
hallucienate
Overbomber

and weeding gift would be a very bad idea, it being an official release and all. Easy enough to pick it up on-line.

Where have you looked for the James Ray and Vega demos for Floodland? I hear Robin's place is a good start :roll:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Quiffy is truthful, however, I am suspicious, though it will take more than idle speculation to back up my theory that you either have one or more of said demos, or know the person who does (why not? Everyone in Leeds seems to know each other).

If you honestly want Gift and Giving Ground, then I've got them on Soulseek. :roll:
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

Quiff Boy wrote:i'll never understand why people keep harping on about these, nor why they keep "requesting" them.

you wont get them. they're held by some as the holy grail of trading, mate. rare as rocking horse sh*t. if you did know someone with copies, it would take a lot more than a dozen "can i have one?"s to get them to part with them.

I may be willing to trade my demos of :von: doing "Tower Of Strength", "Butterfly On A Wheel", and even "Stay With Me" for the aforementioned Floodland demos, but then again I may keep them for myself :wink:
You still think swastikas look cool
The real nazis run your schools
They're coaches, businessmen and cops
In a real fourth reich you'll be the first to go
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

Quiff Boy wrote:i'll never understand why people keep harping on about these, nor why they keep "requesting" them.

I'll never understand why people hold on to "rare" bootlegs or demos of any band. Perhaps it is the thought of you being the only one to have it or something. Having said that, I don't trade things people have expressly asked me not to give away. So maybe that is what keeps some recordings rare.
You still think swastikas look cool
The real nazis run your schools
They're coaches, businessmen and cops
In a real fourth reich you'll be the first to go
James Blast
Banned

I like sharing, I see it as a propagation of the faith ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Idle speculation:

Perhaps it's all a wind-up and no-one has them?

Perhaps people who claim to have the demos refuse to copy them because they're perpetuating the wind-up and can't copy something they don't have?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
allfear
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The Do Exist allright, I know of more than 1 person who has them.

Matt
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hmmm....
From that and Clicky...

I may be leaping to a wrong conclusion from a standing start here but...

James Ray is hardly likely to be handing copies out is he?

Smoke and mirrors :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

How much do you think I would have to pay Mr Ray for a copy of those demos? :innocent:
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

I think the issue here Nick is that if 'something' does exist there's reasons why they will never travel further down the food chain.
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:and weeding gift would be a very bad idea, it being an official release and all. Easy enough to pick it up on-line.

Where have you looked for the James Ray and Vega demos for Floodland? I hear Robin's place is a good start :roll:
.......maybe not much longer........................ssssss...........silence is platinum :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: .........
Dan
Overbomber

Surely if the demo existed it'd be so easy for those who had it to make available a small mp3 sample, say 30 seconds or something. This would prove once and for all that they existed while still keeping the complete recording in the hands of those who wish to keep it for themselves.

They could even avoid the inevitable pm's by signing up to hotmail and emailing the clip anonymously to Quiffy who could then make it available for us.
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

It does seem amazing that Von's version of Garden of Delight is widely available, but some of the 86 stuff that doesn't even feature him is still locked away :?:

Has anyone ever heard a reason why the (alleged) owners have kept this stuff from the masses, when just about every others demo has surfaced in one form or another? I apppreciate a standard answer is " To keep it rare", but why were these tracks deemed to be the ones that must be 'kept rare'?
Give me one good reason
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

if people are refraining from distributing it purely to 'keep it rare' then that smacks of the petty clique-y behaviour more common in 14 year old girls.

if, however, they're not distributing it because they got these hypothetical demos off AE (or other musician present, or they'd be easily traceable to them) then that's fair enough.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i suspect a combination of

1) traceability

and

2) they being very short and of bloody awful quality

has meant these things started off as rare and have stayed rare.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

And even more of a delicate situation if AE didn't know they still existed ...
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
Dan
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:if, however, they're not distributing it because they got these hypothetical demos off AE (or other musician present, or they'd be easily traceable to them) then that's fair enough.
That's the reason I heard, but for got read stolen.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Johnny M wrote:And even more of a delicate situation if AE didn't know they still existed ...
Which would make him... :?:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Obviousman wrote:
Johnny M wrote:And even more of a delicate situation if AE didn't know they still existed ...
...quite cross I would imagine?
—Bertrand Russell
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

markfiend wrote:
Obviousman wrote:
...quite cross I would imagine?
No, really? :innocent:
I can imagine that, but I meant it more specific. In a way like 'chop off your head', 'sue you', 'track you down and kill you in a very sadistic way, he knows where you live anyway' or anything in that style, more or less ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol: Yeah OK I see what you mean now.

I don't know; if Dan's right and the tapes were stolen from AE originally, it could (at least in theory) be a criminal matter.
—Bertrand Russell