Live8

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Delilah
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

have been watching it on bbc2 for about an hour now, and I'm glad I'm not in hyde park right now - having to listen to some boring acts such as Stereophonics, Elton, Dido or REM just for the 15 mins of Velvet Revolver... Am I the only one who'd find quite hard to stay there for the whole gig? :?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

nope.

15 mins per act is dreadful and means you'd have sit through the most abominable dross all day just to hear boys dont cry, in between days and friday i'm in love :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Delilah

and you cannot even hide somewhere in a bar... coz there are no bars :lol: What a "pleasure" :|
scotty
Overbomber

Delilah wrote:have been watching it on bbc2 for about an hour now, and I'm glad I'm not in hyde park right now - having to listen to some boring acts such as Stereophonics, Elton, Dido or REM just for the 15 mins of Velvet Revolver... Am I the only one who'd find quite hard to stay there for the whole gig? :?
not only crap acts but the sanctimonious speeches between them,nope,i'd be looking for the exit and a pub! :evil:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
James Blast
Banned

when's Steve Jobs on? (just to keep some balance)
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

On the Flemish news, they had a reporter in Nairobi, to see what they think about Live8 in Africa...

Reporter: Have you ever heard of Bob Geldof?
African guy in the street: Have I ever heard of what?

:lol:

Anyway, not really watching it, there aren't any bands on that we should not miss, are there...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

The Pink Floyd tonight! only thing I'll be taping
time was when I would have said the same about The Who but I Won't Get Fooled Again :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I can't think of a more hateful line-up :(
pikkrong
Overbomber

My friend called me and said Duran Duran did a great gig, unfortunately I heard it too late :(
Fortunately I saw and heard Annie Lennox :notworthy:
Can you tell me - has Pink Floyd already been on the stage?
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

madonna's screeching upset my cat
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
James Blast
Banned

Annie Lennox's chat with whoever after her performance was so on the nail - she cut through the bull and told it like it was.

Right On Sister!!!

The Pink Floyd have still to come :D
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

Well,ive no sympathy,people should've been in edinburgh at the G8 protest,timing,Geldof cock up?
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Thea
Overbomber

f**king wankcrap s**t arsecramp c**t s**t c**t.
I had to listen to the radio one coverage from start to 7pm.
Bugger c**t s**t wank f**k c**t s**t bugger c**t wank bollocks f**ker s**t c**t s**t c**t.....
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

d00mw0lf wrote:I had to listen to the radio one coverage from start to 7pm.
how come? :?
scotty
Overbomber

d00mw0lf wrote:f**king wankcrap s**t arsecramp c**t s**t c**t.
Bugger c**t s**t wank f**k c**t s**t bugger c**t wank bollocks f**ker s**t c**t s**t c**t.....
Did you not enjoy it then? :twisted:
James Blast
Banned

d00mw0lf wrote:f**king wankcrap s**t arsecramp c**t s**t c**t.
you're all heart
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

scotty wrote:Well,ive no sympathy,people should've been in edinburgh at the G8 protest,timing,Geldof cock up?
that's not till Wednesday :innocent:
~ Peter Steele
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Running order here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainmen ... 641889.stm

Looks like Velvet Revolver are only playing one track, Pink Floyd have only 20 mins to play four tracks. :?
James Blast
Banned

a 20min Comfortably Numb with the requisite Big Dave guitar solo will do me. They might even squeeze in Run Like Hell! :notworthy:
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
scotty wrote:Well,ive no sympathy,people should've been in edinburgh at the G8 protest,timing,Geldof cock up?
that's not till Wednesday :innocent:
Nay Nay Nay Mr Blast,gigs wednesday,protest march was today,how you enjoying your wine? :wink:
James Blast
Banned

misinformation Scotty and this Jacob's Creek Shiraz Cab 2003 is going down a treat, you?
~ Peter Steele
Delilah

FINALLY!!! Velvet Revolver!!! :D Slash is SO HOT! And the singer is dressed like Euroboy! :twisted: Worth watching that c**p for 7 hours. 8)
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Delilah wrote:And the singer is dressed like Euroboy! :twisted:
Ah so he's a wannabe :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :roll:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

still a very poor man's Aerosmith :x
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:misinformation Scotty and this Jacob's Creek Shiraz Cab 2003 is going down a treat, you?
Sound as the prevebial :lol: ,two and a half quid bottle of plonk's just dandy!pink teeth in the mornin' but :twisted: ,hope your dissapointed by the "floyd".