Salvation - The Complete Collection 1985-89

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/newreleases.htm

about a 3rd the way down the page:
Salvation
The Complete Collection 1985-89

CDMGOTH23

Formed in 1983, Salvation were one of the original Leeds based Goth bands and brought out their first 12" on Merciful Release - the Sisters of Mercy's label. Salvation went on to become regular visitors to the Indie Top 20 alongside their contemporaries: the m*****n, Skeletal Family and Red Lorry Yellow Lorry.

Signing to Miles Copeland's IRS label, success beckoned but the band acrimoniously split the following year. 15 years on, amidst the current 80's obsession, it's time to reappraise Salvation's valuable contribution to the early alternative rock scene

‘The Complete Collection 1985-89’ (CDMGOTH23) features 20 tracks which have been digitally remastered. It brings together all of Salvation's recorded work from 1985-89, and includes bonus track "Girlsoul" - their Andy Eldritch produced debut - which appears here on CD for the first time.

The Shining / Shattered Sky / Jessica's Crime / Lady Faith / Angel Pain / The Answer / Strange Fruit / Diamond Child / Puppet Master / Sea Of Dreams / Thunderbird / Unicorn / Listen To Her Heart / Sunshine Superman / Payola / Pearl Necklace / All And More / The Happening / She's An Island / Girlsoul
Pre-order now for £9.95 :von:

:innocent:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
shivarising
Amphetamine Filth

Eh, sorry, I got distracted by the BULLET BOYS release...

:lol:
twp
Amphetamine Filth

See..now I had to have a look to see what the Bullet Boys were releasing
Big Si
School Bully

That'll be my birthday present to myself sorted then! :D

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

If it was the COMPLETE recordings it'd have Evelyn, Dust up, the October Hour, Burning On, Sea of Dreams, Figurehead , NoReturn :P

& I KNOW Hunter's now got the orig studio reels of most of those eh Rich !

So the non girlsoul version must have sold out now then ...
http://www.mixi.net/Sisters.Of.Mercy/Re ... Salvation/

Hunter must be a millionaire by now :D
pikkrong
Overbomber

Thanks for the news, Quiff Boy :notworthy:
I have to check my financial possibilities after the tour :innocent:
Drenchrom

So basically this is Hunger Days re-released with Girl Soul tacked on the end.

Great, do you buy it for the one track or dig out the vinyl when you fancy hearing it! As said, why isn't the whole of the single on the CD??

Get it if you haven't already got it, but if you have, don't bother!

matt..
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

well yeah, thats about the size of it, but in fairness i must point out that its got great sleeve notes with many photos that you wont have seen before 8)

:innocent:

also, everything sounds much crisper and beefier than on hunger days... and girlsoul sounds especially "nasty" :notworthy:

the whole of the girlsoul single isnt on because girlsoul is basically just a bonus track... being from 1983 strictly speaking it doesnt fit within the 85-89 title of the cd.

also, and lets be perfectly honest here, the other 2 tracks from the girsoul 12" arent much cop are they... :lol: "evelyn" is a bit dreary, and "dust up" is just the guys pissing around in the studio. :roll:

hunder days was a self-financed thing that didnt have proper distribution. this is through cherry red so should be available from numerous online stores, on the shelves in all good indie shops and probably one or two high street shops.

8)
Drenchrom

Hmm, you have a very persuasive tone! Since it is sooo cheap and since I work in a record shop it would be churlish not to invest.

Can't see too many people in sunny Broadstairs being interested in it though.

Still I will get it in stock, just so I can play it! Much like the groovy Black Wire.

Matt..
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

on behalf of the sallies and the mighty wire, danke. you are a gent and a scholar :lol: :notworthy:

;D
Big Si
School Bully

pikkrong wrote:Thanks for the news, Quiff Boy :notworthy:
I have to check my financial possibilities after the tour :innocent:
Or you could send me a pm :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
cocoamix
Amphetamine Filth

Too bad it's missing most of the tracks from the Clash of Dreams EP.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

cocoamix wrote:Too bad it's missing most of the tracks from the Clash of Dreams EP.
yep. they're having trouble locating masters of that i gather. everyone thought everyone else had a copy. there's achance that the only person that DOES is eldritch.. and he'll want a few pennies i'm sure :lol:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

@ cocoamix :excellent avatar dude! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
biggy

Quiff Boy wrote:
cocoamix wrote:Too bad it's missing most of the tracks from the Clash of Dreams EP.
yep. they're having trouble locating masters of that i gather. everyone thought everyone else had a copy. there's achance that the only person that DOES is eldritch.. and he'll want a few pennies i'm sure :lol:
God of all things rock n roll BIGGY located most of the master copies. A friend of mine got hold of them and was going to bin them when he was clearing out. I put claim to them & then realised I have too much junk & I wouldn't do anything with them anyway so I told Richard (Salvation's old manager) to pick them up, which he did.
There were two cans, still with the original hand written labels.
I've seen them, I've held them but they'd need transfering before anyone could listen to them.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

and now the website is finished :von:

http://www.salvationhq.co.uk/

:D
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Quiff Boy wrote:and now the website is finished :von:

http://www.salvationhq.co.uk/

:D
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Been checking that site for days to see if it was made yet or not.

Never actually HEARD anything by Salvation, but stil.. :innocent:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

have a look on the news page - there's link at the bottom to a real audio file from cherry red. no idea what it is as i cant get real audio through our firewall at work, but i assume its a snippet from the album :)

they're a kind of half-way house between the sisters and the mish. not as dark or spikey as the sisters but not quite as hippy bollocks as the mish. nowhere near as pompous as the mish either.
culprit

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:@ cocoamix :excellent avatar dude! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
It needs sound!!
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....