bombings, terror & religious extremism

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Ocean Moves
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

In the absence of any such thread, that I can see, discuss here.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Yesterday at 12:30am, I was listening to the news on 5Live. Every news item had the word "bomb" in it.
I believe we're all against such things?
</my part in this discussion that's going to end up with posts so long I'll just ignore them :innocent:>
aims
Overbomber

Didn't the London thread do this topic to death?

To summarise:
People generally don't like [other people] getting blown up and we're no exception.
ruffers
Overbomber

I'm having a bit of a row on another forum with someone who's a full on BNP supporter and some of the stuff he comes out with is frightening.

I've come to the conclusion that there are more similarities between him and the terrorists than he'd like to admit.

-Both extremes arise from a dissatisfaction with the environment they're in building a need to find someone to blame.
-Both allow themselves to be lead and "brainwashed" by a tiny group of manipulators who keep themselves a long way away from the sharp end.
-Both believe themselves to be fundamentally right and support extreme measures to get what they want.

And, thankfully, both are tiny minorities.

Not that on topic, but at the front of my mind.
Chucking another log on
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:notworthy: I think you've hit the nail on the head there ruffers.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Post a few of the BNP supporter's arguments, ruffers, I'm curious.

Are they all "blacks and muslims should die" style ones?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Dark wrote:Post a few of the BNP supporter's arguments, ruffers, I'm curious.

most right wingers these days use very clever "social impact" arguments - they know that most people dont agree with their more extreme pointsof view and have learned to dress up their bull s**t in psuedo-scientific and sociological nonsense to lure people in gently (none of which stands up to any amount of investigation i might add).
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
ruffers
Overbomber

I've just had a quick search and a lot of his posts in the wake of the London bombings have disappeared :roll: but this is a link from the guys sig.

http://www.sovereignty.org.uk/features/ ... emog3.html

It's long, but a sample -

"Who will sing our songs, pray our prayers, celebrate our heroes, honour our traditions, venerate our ancestors, love the things we love?

Only our family, our extended family. Only our extended family will carry our civilization forward in a meaningful way. Only the biological heirs to the people who created a civilization have ever maintained, cherished, and advanced that civilization.

It is for their extended family that men go to war.

In every war Britain ever fought, whatever the government might say or think, the men who fought and died fought for their nation, their extended family."

Imagine the reaction to that at a BNP meeting :(
Chucking another log on
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Too true QB - like people that play the 'numbers game - i.e. 'I'm not a racist, but this is a small country, and there are a limited number of jobs, school or hospital places' etc. But we're not racist, honest. Well...er...I can't ACTUALLY remember anyone demonstrating against Australian bar workers in London, Spanish and Portuguese fruit-pickers or any of the other large White, Anglo-Saxon or West Eurpoean immigrant groups...
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
ruffers
Overbomber

Like I say, a lot have disappeared, but it's more what QB says. "Reasonable" socio-economic arguments with a conspiracy subtext. There's things happening in this country which the left don't understand type stuff.
Chucking another log on
scotty
Overbomber

ruffers wrote:I've just had a quick search and a lot of his posts in the wake of the London bombings have disappeared :roll: but this is a link from the guys sig.

http://www.sovereignty.org.uk/features/ ... emog3.html

It's long, but a sample -

"Who will sing our songs, pray our prayers, celebrate our heroes, honour our traditions, venerate our ancestors, love the things we love?

Only our family, our extended family. Only our extended family will carry our civilization forward in a meaningful way. Only the biological heirs to the people who created a civilization have ever maintained, cherished, and advanced that civilization.

It is for their extended family that men go to war.

In every war Britain ever fought, whatever the government might say or think, the men who fought and died fought for their nation, their extended family."

Imagine the reaction to that at a BNP meeting :(
Has he forgoten who our "extended"family fought world wars against,the very vermin these arseholes now champion,would our Grandparents have been willing to lay lives on the line if they knew that in a couple of generations time their grandkids would be hiding behind ignorance and the "crooked cross"shouting for people to give nazies power,CRETIN.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

scotty wrote:Has he forgoten who our "extended"family fought world wars against,the very vermin these arseholes now champion
exactly :notworthy:
ruffers
Overbomber

That's the point though, an awful lot of people swallow this stuff.

btw, the link is a quote from US guy talking at a meeting here, not original from the guy on the other forum. Not that it matters.
Chucking another log on
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

ruffers wrote:That's the point though, an awful lot of people swallow this stuff.

btw, the link is a quote from US guy talking at a meeting here, not original from the guy on the other forum. Not that it matters.
yeah, he's probably not intelligent enough to come up with tha crap himself.
James Blast
Banned

I thought the title of this thread was a New Order compilation
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
ruffers
Overbomber

;D James Blast
Chucking another log on
Dark
Underneath the Rock

This is actually developing into an interesting thread. Despite Mr Blast's success at going off-topic at every opportunity prevailing. :lol:
James Blast
Banned

I'll get me coat
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

Quiff Boy wrote:
ruffers wrote:That's the point though, an awful lot of people swallow this stuff.

yeah, cos everyone with (far) right-wing views is dead thick aren't they kids?
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

RicheyJames wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:

yeah, cos everyone with (far) right-wing views is dead thick aren't they kids?
i would think so yes.

;)

no, obviously not. i never said that. but your average racist bigot wanker will usually copy his diatribe from pseudo-scientific socio-economic white supremacist websites, in much the same way as the average left-wing, anti-corporate militant stereotype will take his or her thinking from the back pages of "no logo"

;)

and you know richard, your insistance on continually playing devils advocate, regardless of your own personal beliefs, doesn't half grow tiresome :innocent:
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
scotty wrote:Has he forgoten who our "extended"family fought world wars against,the very vermin these arseholes now champion
exactly :notworthy:
In fact, most of the cultures these people rally against, fought along side us in the second world war.

I dislike any kind of extremist, left or right, there is often little difference between them
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

Quiff Boy wrote:and you know richard, your insistance on continually playing devils advocate, regardless of your own personal beliefs, doesn't half grow tiresome :innocent:
trying to goad me into disappearing again barry?
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

RicheyJames wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:and you know richard, your insistance on continually playing devils advocate, regardless of your own personal beliefs, doesn't half grow tiresome :innocent:
trying to goad me into disappearing again barry?
:lol:

not at all, i just wonder why you nit pick at arguments you dont actually disagree with? :?:

i'm not saying you do necessarily agree with me on this, but i know you well enough and have seen you do it before... :?

surely your energies, intelligence, wit and time would be better spent fighting the stuff you dont agree on, or find offensive?

join the bbc bradford message board and rip the s**t out of their resident white supremacist for example. they have reoccurring trouble there a chap there who keeps coming back and wont take "f**k off" for an answer :urff:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Allright, lets get the wordcount rolling 8)
ruffers wrote:And, thankfully, both are tiny minorities
Problem is that hard liner minorities are most of the time those most lightly to make noise, write letters to newspapers, and all that crap, and therefore 'leaders' will easily get the impression there are a lot of people like that among 'us' and because of that they have to listen to their opinion... It's (at least according to me) just very clear extremist groups are those who do the most lobbying, sadly happy people don't care about their opinion getting out there too often...
Quiff Boy wrote:

most right wingers these days use very clever "social impact" arguments - they know that most people dont agree with their more extreme pointsof view and have learned to dress up their bull s**t in psuedo-scientific and sociological nonsense to lure people in gently (none of which stands up to any amount of investigation i might add).
I agree with that... Quite often they see problems that are indeed problems, but then they'll make those look like WW3 and produce answers that do not relate in any possible way to solve the problem, but much more to get people more frightened and ready to give in to them...
A very good explanation about something like that was given in the little cartoon in Bowling for Columbine, about the frightened white guys....
MrChris wrote:....like people that play the 'numbers game - i.e. 'I'm not a racist, but this is a small country, and there are a limited number of jobs, school or hospital places' etc. But we're not racist, honest. Well...er...I can't ACTUALLY remember anyone demonstrating against Australian bar workers in London, Spanish and Portuguese fruit-pickers or any of the other large White, Anglo-Saxon or West Eurpoean immigrant groups...
Think I mentioned it on here before, but indeed the typical right wing argument starts with 'I don't vote Flemish Block' (in Flanders of course)...
And many :notworthy: 's for your demonstrating argument :)
RicheyJames wrote:yeah, cos everyone with (far) right-wing views is dead thick aren't they kids?
Well, now you mention it: there was this very nice article on 'the emancipation of the last unemancipated group in society' in my fave mag... It was about the emancipation of the Dumb... People who don't care about their opinion being dumb, don't care if anyone else does agree or not, if they've actually thought about their opinion or if someone else's just told them to think that way... It's democracy's decay because of its own succes, because, there are far too many dumb ones and far to little smart ones, and the worst thing that could possibly happen is politicians to make conclusions out of that....

Said the article, what do you think?
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I think that if this is gonna be the wordcount, I'm going to lurk on Currently Listening. ;)