I'm terribly confused...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

I've been sifting through the forums for the last hour or so trying to find an introduction topic, or people posting their own intro topics, or any rules saying you can't.

I'm not quite sure what to do about this mess. Could someone advise me on whether or not to introduce myself, and the exact recommended method of going about it? Thank you.
ruffers
Overbomber

There ain't no rules I ever found, just go with the flow and welcome.

Another forum I used to frequent asked for newbies to get a virtual round in but I've got a nice glass of Chateau Fombrauge Saint Emilion on the go so put your money away :D
Chucking another log on
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Rosalie wrote:I've been sifting through the forums for the last hour or so trying to find an introduction topic, or people posting their own intro topics, or any rules saying you can't.

I'm not quite sure what to do about this mess. Could someone advise me on whether or not to introduce myself, and the exact recommended method of going about it? Thank you.
this will do nicely :D :lol:

i'm a terribly lax host, my apologies. a few of heartland's denizens usually pounce on new members with their own particular brand of "making you feel welcome", so i tend to leave it at that. but yes, you've made a good point there... :?

nonetheless, welcome aboard! 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Shall we consider this your introduction, Rosalie? :notworthy:

Welcome to our world. Leave all coats, sharp objects, baby oil, and vodka at the door and pull up a chair. :lol:
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote: welcome aboard!
yes! 8)
Last edited by Brideoffrankenstein on 18 Jul 2005, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.
scotty
Overbomber

Rosalie wrote:I've been sifting through the forums for the last hour or so trying to find an introduction topic, or people posting their own intro topics, or any rules saying you can't.

You just have!,Hello :D
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Big Si
School Bully

http://www.phespirit.info/montypython/f ... iremen.htm

"Nothing like a good glass of Château de Chasselas, eh, Josiah?"

"You're right there, Obadiah."

Hello to Rosalie! :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Dark
Underneath the Rock

You must be a special one, no other new member has attracted 7 posts in under 10 minutes.

Just wait until James Blast or Markfiend get here, it'll be off-topic in moments. ;)
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

Ah, yes, this appears to be a very appropriate welcoming committe.

This seens to be a rather top notch place to discuss music in the alternative and gothic rock vein without either the teeny gothers or the rather "stuck-up" elitist type, of other sites which claim to be much the same type of doohickey.

Am I right?
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

evenin'
Big Si
School Bully

Rosalie wrote:Ah, yes, this appears to be a very appropriate welcoming committe.

This seens to be a rather top notch place to discuss music in the alternative and gothic rock vein without either the teeny gothers or the rather "stuck-up" elitist type, of other sites which claim to be much the same type of doohickey.

Am I right?
Yes! :notworthy:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

Ah, just as well. There are so few messageboards outside of goth.net, whose IRC channel I got banned from for having an opinion on music. Seriously.

I said as great as musicians are, I think it's at least a little better when musicians play and write their stuff. And then they went "Ohh, but that girl in the corner used to be an Opera signer, how dare you offend her!"
"What, I wasn't trying to offend her, I was just saying that in my opinion, all due respect to her -"
"No! You're a dummy. Shut up. I am posh. Really I am. I don't like you're opinion even though I don't really know what you're saying. That makes you a troll".
"What? That's stupid. I'm leaving. What a strange covnersation."

When I returned I had been server banned. And later on the forum for trying to ask what the gibbons was going on.

That's so much exactly how it went it's hardly funny.

Anyway, enough of my rantings, I just really hate stuck up goths.
Last edited by Rosalie on 18 Jul 2005, 22:26, edited 3 times in total.
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

Rosalie wrote:Ah, yes, this appears to be a very appropriate welcoming committe.

Am I right?
You are indeed correct.

However, stay away from the "WEEDING" section - it sucks you in and never lets go :wink:
You still think swastikas look cool
The real nazis run your schools
They're coaches, businessmen and cops
In a real fourth reich you'll be the first to go
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

Wedding section? I hope you've done the politically correct thing and allowed Gay Marriage in there.
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Rosalie wrote:I just really hate stuck up goths.
Are you sure you're in the right place?

Welcome anyway. :wink:

Anyone with a Dalek in their avatar can't be all bad.
анархия
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

It's weeding - where you can get/copy bootlegs of the Sisters off each other
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

smiscandlon wrote:Anyone with a Dalek in their avatar can't be all bad.
and it's a Troughton-era Dalek as well, I think (well, a 3D-modelled reproduction of one)
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

smiscandlon wrote:
Rosalie wrote:I just really hate stuck up goths.
Are you sure you're in the right place?

Welcome anyway. :wink:

Anyone with a Dalek in their avatar can't be all bad.
Am I the only one who finds Daleks kind of cute? Is it just me? Gods I feel so strange.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:
and it's a Troughton-era Dalek as well, I think (well, a 3D-modelled reproduction of one)
Damn you, sir. :evil:

You've out-geeked me. :lol:
анархия
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Rosalie wrote:Am I the only one who finds Daleks kind of cute?
Nope! :notworthy:
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

lazarus corporation wrote:
I wouldn't know, since Troughton-era wasn't in colour :P

Though yes, it is, since I've seen in-colour pictures of Evil of the Daleks where Daleks looking much like this one are surrounding the emporer.

They looked much better in Black and White though, at least the Troughton Era ones. They were a lot shinier than the terrible ones in the 80s, too.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Currently watching The War Games.

Um, shall we take this conversation over to Outpost Gallifrey... :roll:
анархия
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

Hey! I post there. I also have the same name.
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

...and so, faster than a speeding Dalek, the Heartland Dating Agency strikes again :lol:
rian
Slight Overbomber

Hi and welcome.

And no one gets banned from this place. Right?
I think someone set my soul alight