Scotty pegs it

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

nick the stripper wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Francis wrote: But you've been misuniformed once again. :wink:
dont talk about boudicca being "misuniformed";you'll get nick t'stripper all hot and bothered :innocent:

:lol: :oops: *Finds a rock to crawl under*
:lol:

worry when you start kissing posters of eldritch ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
boudicca
Sister Midnight

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
dont talk about boudicca being "misuniformed";you'll get nick t'stripper all hot and bothered :innocent:
:oops: :lol: :oops:

Are we talking Nazi uniforms here (which as :von: could tell you are the best), or something more along the lines of Woman In A Tabard at your local ASDA? :innocent: :lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Kirk - Keep things together here until I get back.

Scotty - I always do.

Star Trek - Generations

And he always did. 'bye, dude. :wink:

As no-one else is taking the stand, I'll proudly put on my Nerd* Hat and say, Yes, 'that' phrase was never used. The closest was in A Voyage Home, when Kirk said "Scotty, beam me up."

Another urban myth put to bed...for a little while, at least.

* - Nerd. Not geek. Important distinction.
Last edited by timsinister on 21 Jul 2005, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

awwww. :(
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
Francis
Overbomber

Don't believe them Rosalie. Next they'll be telling you Scotty never actually said "She cannae handle it capt'n".
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
James Blast
Banned

yeah, right Francis and dilithium crystals don't exist phffff!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:Are we talking Nazi uniforms here (which as :von: could tell you are the best)
I was a NAZI-zombie on sunday and I was shot three times
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

boudicca wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
:oops: :lol: :oops:

Are we talking Nazi uniforms here (which as :von: could tell you are the best), or something more along the lines of Woman In A Tabard at your local ASDA? :innocent: :lol:
whatever floats your boat,B...though i can see the advantages for both :innocent: :lol:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
boudicca wrote:Are we talking Nazi uniforms here (which as :von: could tell you are the best)
your German accent was spot-on, too. :von:
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:
and my zombie impression? :lol:
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

lazarus corporation wrote:
Brideoffrankenstein wrote:I was a NAZI-zombie on sunday and I was shot three times
and my zombie impression? :lol:
dead right :wink:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:whatever floats your boat,B...though i can see the advantages for both :innocent: :lol:
Those tabards have tantalizing slits up the side don't they...? :wink:

(Whoops bad choice of words...)
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
James Blast
Banned

get drunk, eat Indian food, make pavement pizza, experince your bedroom ceiling rotating, it's all a part of being British and growing up
you fools
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:get drunk, eat Indian food, make pavement pizza, experince your bedroom ceiling rotating
and then think "I'm never going to do that again!"
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

boudicca wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:whatever floats your boat,B...though i can see the advantages for both :innocent: :lol:
Those tabards have tantalizing slits up the side don't they...? :wink:

(Whoops bad choice of words...)
that's so's you can check out your goods! :innocent:

<ducks as airborne rotten fruit greets the worst supermarket pun ever>
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
smiscandlon
Overbomber

timsinister wrote:As no-one else is taking the stand, I'll proudly put on my Nerd* Hat and say, Yes, 'that' phrase was never used. The closest was in A Voyage Home, when Kirk said "Scotty, beam me up."

Another urban myth put to bed...for a little while, at least.

* - Nerd. Not geek. Important distinction.
The multi-part sci-fi Star Trek TV and film series (first telecast as a one-hour TV show in 1966 and lasting until 1969 before syndication, and inspiring numerous feature films, beginning with Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)), popularized the common phrase, "Beam me up, Scotty." Contrary to popular belief, Captain Kirk (William Shatner) never uttered the line: “Beam me up, Scotty�. The actual command, "Kirk to Enterprise. Beam us up, Scotty" was voiced by Captain Kirk (voice of William Shatner) in Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek animated TV series from 1973-75. The closest Kirk ever got to saying the exact line was "Scotty, beam me up!" in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986).

Throughout the years, however, there have been a number of variants, such as "Gentlemen, Beam me aboard," or "Picard to Farragut, two to beam up." The "beam" quote was a reference to the ship's teleportation device and the affectionately-regarded ship's chief engineer and second officer, Lieutenant Commander Montgomery Scott (James Doohan). "Beam me up, Scotty" was spoken by Captain Picard (Patrick Stewart) in one of the episodes of the TV series, Star Trek: The Next Generation, and also referenced by Rockhound (Steve Buscemi) in Armageddon (1998) as: "While I don't share his enthusiasm, you know me, beam me up Scotty." And in the animated Fox-TV series Family Guy, in a 1999 episode (Season 1, Episode 2) titled "I Never Met the Dead Man," William Shatner showed up at the Griffin family's house and said, "Beam me up, God!"

"Play it again, Sam" :wink:
&#1072;&#1085;&#1072;&#1088;&#1093;&#1080;&#1103;
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

smiscandlon wrote: The multi-part sci-fi Star Trek TV and film series (first telecast as a one-hour TV show in 1966 and lasting until 1969 before syndication, and inspiring numerous feature films, beginning with Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)), popularized the common phrase, "Beam me up, Scotty." Contrary to popular belief, Captain Kirk (William Shatner) never uttered the line: “Beam me up, Scotty�. The actual command, "Kirk to Enterprise. Beam us up, Scotty" was voiced by Captain Kirk (voice of William Shatner) in Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek animated TV series from 1973-75. The closest Kirk ever got to saying the exact line was "Scotty, beam me up!" in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986).

Throughout the years, however, there have been a number of variants, such as "Gentlemen, Beam me aboard," or "Picard to Farragut, two to beam up." The "beam" quote was a reference to the ship's teleportation device and the affectionately-regarded ship's chief engineer and second officer, Lieutenant Commander Montgomery Scott (James Doohan). "Beam me up, Scotty" was spoken by Captain Picard (Patrick Stewart) in one of the episodes of the TV series, Star Trek: The Next Generation, and also referenced by Rockhound (Steve Buscemi) in Armageddon (1998) as: "While I don't share his enthusiasm, you know me, beam me up Scotty." And in the animated Fox-TV series Family Guy, in a 1999 episode (Season 1, Episode 2) titled "I Never Met the Dead Man," William Shatner showed up at the Griffin family's house and said, "Beam me up, God!"

*hands smiscandlon the nerd hat and walks out, a broken man.*

:notworthy:
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Um, thanks.

:(
&#1072;&#1085;&#1072;&#1088;&#1093;&#1080;&#1103;
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

smiscandlon wrote:The multi-part sci-fi Star Trek TV and film series (first telecast as a one-hour TV show in 1966 and lasting until 1969 before syndication, and inspiring numerous feature films, beginning with Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)), popularized the common phrase, "Beam me up, Scotty." Contrary to popular belief, Captain Kirk (William Shatner) never uttered the line: “Beam me up, Scotty�. The actual command, "Kirk to Enterprise. Beam us up, Scotty" was voiced by Captain Kirk (voice of William Shatner) in Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek animated TV series from 1973-75. The closest Kirk ever got to saying the exact line was "Scotty, beam me up!" in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986).

Did you actually know that :eek:
Or did our good friend mr. Google give you a hand?

Anyway, thanks for clearing it up :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

By the by: Just read he was the guy who invented Klingon :lol:

(he being the scotty-guy, obviously)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr