War of the worlds

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
ruffers
Overbomber

Can't agree on Scissorhands, it's a great film. Admittedly I was a bit emotionally fragile when I first saw it and it made me cry (!) but still stands up.

Spot on on Pirates Of The Caribbean though, top quality Hollywood fun stuff and the nearest you'll get to "Starring Keith Richards" :wink: ;D
Chucking another log on
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

ruffers wrote:Can't agree on Scissorhands, it's a great film. Admittedly I was a bit emotionally fragile when I first saw it and it made me cry (!) but still stands up.
What he said... except for the crying bit. :innocent:
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

I agree with JB - Scissorhands "no :evil: " but Pirates was excellent. I think that Johnny is a great actor - he isn't frightened to take the p*ss out of himself :notworthy: .........

.......but he should stay away from Tim Burton - they're not good for one another (IMHO :D )
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
James Blast
Banned

Fact! BA
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Ed Wood is great and that's Burton and Depp (isn't it? wanders off to check IMDB...

...yes it is.)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
radiojamaica
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Ed Wood is great and that's Burton and Depp (isn't it? wanders off to check IMDB...

...yes it is.)
Voilà!

Ed Wood's crazy cinema is just the thing Burton likes to get his hands on...

Wood's originals like Plan 9 from outer space & Glen or Glenda are very good entertainment :wink: Check 'm out!
in dub we trust
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote: Plan 9 from outer space
:lol: :notworthy: 8)
nigel d
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

re: w .o .t. w
any radio play that causes the americans to leave their homes must be good :innocent:
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Glen or Glenda is... odd :lol: And Plan 9 makes a great deal of nonsense.

You've got to feel sorry for Eddie.

It actually links back to WOTW too doesn't it? Well, if the bit in Ed Wood where he meets Orson Welles is true.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell