London Bombs - Part 2

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Master Margarita
Amphetamine Filth

The porker is in fine fettle, thanks CP. I had the engine redone about a year ago, and it positively throbs.

Still far more likely to kill myself in my glider than one of those nasty, smelly terrorist types catching up with me.

When are you coming to visit?
When was the last time you cut the catwalk caviar?
Master Margarita
Amphetamine Filth

Hmm. No. The chap in Catch-22. But I like the look of Nookie's boss. So no harm done.

Your avatar, on the other hand QB, makes me feel squeemish every time I look at it. When a prop plane crashes, there usually isn't much noise. Just a dull thud, then silence. And someone crying for help. It isn't very nice.
When was the last time you cut the catwalk caviar?
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Obviousman wrote: Just the other day there was something in the newspaper about 'Al Quaeda wanting to hit the heart of Europe'...
Bollocks; America's largest non-nuclear aircraft carrier, maybe...
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Master Margarita wrote:The porker is in fine fettle, thanks CP. I had the engine redone about a year ago, and it positively throbs.

Still far more likely to kill myself in my glider than one of those nasty, smelly terrorist types catching up with me.

When are you coming to visit?
Is that a euphemism? You're coming on to me, aren't you? I think you're far more likely to be eaten by a fox than die in a plane crash.

Mid-Sept for a coupla weeks. Providing enough of London is bombed to lower airfares in the meantime.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Finally I catch up.......hi everyone. Hope you are all o.k. and laughing about the whole situation. Not a sick joke just coming from a world where these things just irritate me and get the stress levels up - but no worries I am here quite peacefully. (Still those idiots I'd love to zap! them).

@ Johnny - thanks and :kiss:

See ya later.....
MB
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

London gets bombed so they start searching backpacks in New York.

We likes to make the trends, you see, not follows 'em.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

FFS this is getting ridiculous :(
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Next time someone'll just fart on the Circle Line... :roll:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Obviousman wrote:The only thing that seems to keep coming back is that it smells in there :lol:
then
boudicca wrote:Next time someone'll fart on the Circle Line...
mere coincidence?you seem to know a lot about it,B... :lol:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

So what is this new attack? Copycats? The remains of the "Leeds cell" finishing the job?

I'd guess at copycats in that:
  1. The bombs didn't go off, pointing to less professionalism (if I can call it that) on the part of the new bombers.
  2. Confused reports of the new bombers perhaps throwing their devices onto tube trains rather than sitting with them, suggesting less readiness to be suicide bombers.
  3. The bus. As I've stated before, I think the bus was a mistake on the part of the first group and they intended to hit 4 tube trains simultaneously. Why do a bus unless you're copying the previous attack?
Conversely, pointing to the "Leeds cell" hypothesis:
  1. Early reports suggest that the explosives were chemically similar to the acetone peroxide found at the "bomb factory" here in Leeds.
  2. The fact that the bombs didn't work can perhaps be explained by degradation of the home-made explosives
  3. The lack of "professionalism" could be explained if the four that hit London two weeks ago were the more dedicated members of the group and the survivors were left effectively leaderless.
  4. The bus could be a deliberate copy of the "mistake" of last time as a kind of signature.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
boudicca
Sister Midnight

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Obviousman wrote:The only thing that seems to keep coming back is that it smells in there :lol:
then
boudicca wrote:Next time someone'll fart on the Circle Line...
mere coincidence?you seem to know a lot about it,B... :lol:
:von: :wink:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
christophe
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: As I've stated before, I think the bus was a mistake on the part of the first group and they intended to hit 4 tube trains simultaneously. Why do a bus unless you're copying the previous attack
I don't think someone is copying anything. it takes time to prepare something like that and you need people who want to do it.
and, I realy don't think the bus was a mistake. if I had to pick a target I would go for something alot of people would see, there arn't any pictures of the metro, only of the bus.

I think this was a Hint to prove they are still around and still able to suprise us --> creating terror.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Breaking news ...suspected suicide bomber shot dead by police at Stockwell tube station ...details still to confirmed.
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

about yesterday's alerts:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4705419.stm
BBC wrote:Attack devices 'similar to 7 July' Initial indictors suggest that the devices that went off on Thursday were put together in a way very similar to those used two weeks ago.

The rucksacks themselves, as well as the choice of three tube trains and one bus as targets all suggest a similar method of attack, say investigators.

They speculate that the devices were so similar to those used two weeks ago that they may even have been part of the same batch.

These are homemade explosives and their use is very difficult. They can be very volatile and sometimes the materials fail to go off.

There will need to be detailed chemical analysis of the substance that did not detonate this afternoon, in order to prove conclusively that it was indeed explosive.

etc
and more detail about johnny's breaking news:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4706787.stm

sounds pretty intense :o
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

And Sky are now reporting that a mosque in East London has been surrounded by armed police.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,3 ... 20,00.html

RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

i can't wait for the movie!
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

RicheyJames wrote:i can't wait for the movie!
You're a bad man. :wink:

Maybe I'll get the part of the narrator!

Begemot
Road Kill

The police have just shot a suspected suicide bomber at Stockwell tube station...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Is there an echo in here? ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

<shouts>..........Nope.
Only a paand.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Thank f*ck for that. I thought I was having my own personal Groundhog Day ...

Begemot
Road Kill

Oops. mental note to self - mustn't just skim the last couple of posts...
aims
Overbomber

The police have confirmed that the guy was shot dead. He was pushed to the floor and shot 5 times at point black range, so there's no question that they were definitely shooting to kill.
Last edited by aims on 22 Jul 2005, 11:55, edited 1 time in total.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The BBC wrote:I saw an Asian guy run onto the train hotly pursued by three plain-clothes police officers.

One of them was carrying a black handgun - it looked like an automatic - they pushed him to the floor, bundled on top of him and unloaded five shots into him.
Um. that sounds more like a gangland execution than an arrest. :|
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Hmmmmmmmmm. It would seem so!

They'll get away with though because of the 'situation'.
Only a paand.