London Bombs - Part 2

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
aims
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Um. that sounds more like a gangland execution than an arrest. :|
If the police hadn't confirmed that they did it then I'd think the same thing. However, since our police don't seem to have a history of shooting people dead at point blank range in crowded areas, I'm assuming they were working with a decent amount of evidence against him :|
smiscandlon
Overbomber

If a suspected suicide bomber with a loaded rucksack got on to my train, I'd want the police to shoot the f**ker, not ask "Would you mind accompanying us down to the station, sir?"
анархия
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

smiscandlon wrote:If a suspected suicide bomber with a loaded rucksack got on to my train, I'd want the police to shoot the f**ker, not ask "Would you mind accompanying us down to the station, sir?"
too f**king right! and i'd want to be sure that they were shooting to kill as well. no point in just winging the bastard.
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

The East London mosque incident would appear to have been a bomb scare. It's all being stood down now. Mosque's having bomb threats ..? Hmm ...
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

RicheyJames wrote:
smiscandlon wrote:If a suspected suicide bomber with a loaded rucksack got on to my train, I'd want the police to shoot the f**ker, not ask "Would you mind accompanying us down to the station, sir?"
too f**king right! and i'd want to be sure that they were shooting to kill as well. no point in just winging the bastard.
Suspected though? Are the police to be allowed to shoot anyone on the grounds that they've got brown skin and are carrying a rucksack?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dark
Underneath the Rock

The dude was probably innocent as well. </jinx>

Anyway, welcome to the alarmist generation. The Summer Of Love has been cancelled due to terrorists -possibly- putting anthrax in the bongs, and the metalheads putting Anthrax in the jukeboxes. :roll:

(No, I don't know what the f**k I'm on about either, but I did have an important contribution to make. When I remember, I'll say.)

EDIT: That's the one, my sister was in London the last time the bombs went off, but avoided being blown up by taking an earlier train. She was in Cambridge the past few days. She managed to get back to London earlier than expected yesterday. At about 2pm. I swear, that girl is ASKING to be blown up. :lol: :roll:
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

markfiend wrote:
RicheyJames wrote:
Suspected though? Are the police to be allowed to shoot anyone on the grounds that they've got brown skin and are carrying a rucksack?
Think they've got to have a beard too.
Only a paand.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:
markfiend wrote:
RicheyJames wrote: too f**king right! and i'd want to be sure that they were shooting to kill as well. no point in just winging the bastard.
I rest my case.
&#1072;&#1085;&#1072;&#1088;&#1093;&#1080;&#1103;
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

That's quite freaky. A mate's sister who lives in Southampton has only come up to visit him twice in the last six months. 07/07 and yep, yesterday. She doesn't want to visit anymore.
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:
markfiend wrote:
RicheyJames wrote: too f**king right! and i'd want to be sure that they were shooting to kill as well. no point in just winging the bastard.
:lol: That would be OK then. :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

<nods> I think so too.....
Only a paand.
aims
Overbomber

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:
markfiend wrote:
That's George Galloway off the hook then :innocent:
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

smiscandlon wrote:
Mrs RicheyJames wrote:
markfiend wrote: Suspected though? Are the police to be allowed to shoot anyone on the grounds that they've got brown skin and are carrying a rucksack?
I rest my case.
You've been watching too many American court rooms dramas.
Only a paand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Motz wrote:
Mrs RicheyJames wrote:
markfiend wrote: Suspected though? Are the police to be allowed to shoot anyone on the grounds that they've got brown skin and are carrying a rucksack?
That's George Galloway off the hook then :innocent:
Complete tw*ts are also included I think.
Only a paand.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:
smiscandlon wrote:
Mrs RicheyJames wrote: Think they've got to have a beard too.
I rest my case.
Objection!
&#1072;&#1085;&#1072;&#1088;&#1093;&#1080;&#1103;
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

markfiend wrote:
RicheyJames wrote:
well if the bloke's running away from armed police then either they've got their man or we've got a new candidate for a darwin award.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

smiscandlon wrote:
Mrs RicheyJames wrote:
smiscandlon wrote: I rest my case.
Objection!
:lol: :lol:
Only a paand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

RicheyJames wrote:well if the bloke's running away from armed police then either they've got their man or we've got a new candidate for a darwin award.
Oh come on. The only reason anyone might have for running away from armed police is that they're a suicide bomber?

Anyway he was not running when they shot him:
The BBC wrote:I saw an Asian guy run onto the train hotly pursued by three plain-clothes police officers.

One of them was carrying a black handgun - it looked like an automatic - they pushed him to the floor, bundled on top of him and unloaded five shots into him.
Once he was on the floor with police officers on top of him he could have been cuffed rather than shot five times, don't you think?
—Bertrand Russell
Batfish
Road Kill

RicheyJames wrote:well if the bloke's running away from armed police then either they've got their man or we've got a new candidate for a darwin award.
Also, fair dodging is going to go out of fashion pretty quickly now.
Hooray For Everything
aims
Overbomber

Batfish wrote:Also, fare dodging is going to go out of fashion pretty quickly now.
:notworthy:

:lol:
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

markfiend wrote:
Oh come on. The only reason anyone might have for running away from armed police is that they're a suicide bomber?
what i was trying to suggest was that running away from armed police is a pretty stupid thing to do. unless you want to die.
The BBC wrote:I saw an Asian guy run onto the train hotly pursued by three plain-clothes police officers.

One of them was carrying a black handgun - it looked like an automatic - they pushed him to the floor, bundled on top of him and unloaded five shots into him.
Once he was on the floor with police officers on top of him he could have been cuffed rather than shot five times, don't you think?
except that's only what one eye-witness says he saw. i've just heard a different eye-witness on the radio describing how she saw him fall after he was shot and then heard further shots fired. assuming the first shot wasn't fatal and the police had good reason to suspect he was carrying a bomb i have no problem at all with them finishing the job off before he has chance to detonate his rucksack-of-doom(TM)
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:

Nope, wasn't there, so not enough evidence to judge

Fiend, I've warned you about these slight lefty tendancies before! Go and eat a pork pie!
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

while we're about it i've got a bit of a problem with this:
an eyewtiness wrote:unloaded five shots into him
has he been playing too much grand theft auto or something?
boudicca
Sister Midnight

I'd have thunk it was some BNP nuts if the police hadn'ta said it was them.

Or that I'd been teleported to New York. :roll: :urff:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

boudicca wrote:I'd have thunk it was some BNP nuts if the police hadn'ta said it was them.

Or that I'd been teleported to New York. :roll: :urff:
Are the BNP arms these days then Bouds?

Wouldn't they need possible thumbs first?
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk